Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dont'a Hightower « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 27, 2012, 06:05:22 PM

I have wanted him since last yr. I just don't see it happening. I doubt we reach that far at 5, and a trade down is so dependent on other teams/factors.

My greater hope at Mike is we get Dan Connor cause I really doubt he stays at Car.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 28, 2012, 04:34:55 AM

I have wanted him since last yr. I just don't see it happening. I doubt we reach that far at 5, and a trade down is so dependent on other teams/factors.

My greater hope at Mike is we get Dan Connor cause I really doubt he stays at Car.

Amen on that. I really want Hightower but I doubt he makes it to 37.

I also really want Dan Connor. He is only 25 and would instantly be our best linebacker.

Hightower + Connor would be a very amazing fix to our problems at LB.

Problem is I have way too many guys I want in the second round that it sucks we don't have more then 1 second round pick. If I wasn't so enamored with Morris Claiborne at 5 I would totally move back and acquire a ton of draft picks in the second round as I see a TON of value in the second round this year.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 28, 2012, 07:11:54 AM

If Blackmon is gone, trade down and get Hightower. This dude is an animal. Best linebacker (consider Upshaw/Ingram more rushers) in the draft bar none.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 28, 2012, 07:41:13 AM

he's not an upgrade to Foster.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 28, 2012, 07:42:45 AM

So what's his 40 time have to do with him being able to play MLB ? So fast forty times mean you are a great players?

Don't act like if he ran a 5.0, you would be saying your not concerned with the 40 time.

very true , the people who don't like him would totally use it against him if he crapped himself in the 40...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 28, 2012, 07:43:06 AM

If Blackmon is gone, trade down and get Hightower. This dude is an animal. Best linebacker (consider Upshaw/Ingram more rushers) in the draft bar none.
and yet Kuechly is stronger faster quicker and more instinctive.  ::)  And more experienced playing in a 4-3.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 28, 2012, 07:46:01 AM

I predict Blackmon is going to freefall to around 10-15  much like Micheal Crabtree did  - fitting since they are the same player.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

MasterC25

Starter
#22 : February 28, 2012, 08:49:03 AM

and yet Kuechly is stronger faster quicker and more instinctive.  ::)  And more experienced playing in a 4-3.
Stronger?? Really.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 28, 2012, 09:02:15 AM

I predict Blackmon is going to freefall to around 10-15  much like Micheal Crabtree did  - fitting since they are the same player.

While they are nearly identical in height and weight...they are hardly "the same player". Blackmon is a bit more polished in his route running and ability to separate at the last moment than Crabtree was coming out. Also, most importantly, mentally Blackmon seems light-years ahead of where Crabtree was/is.  Just because you don't want the Bucs to draft him doesn't mean that you should automatically attach a Crabtree label to his name to attempt to justify your reasoning.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 28, 2012, 09:45:13 AM

I don't think Blackmon will be the best WR in his class. Floyd will probably end up being the best WR when its all said and done. If we want a WR, I hope its him.

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#25 : February 28, 2012, 01:09:24 PM

I don't understand why everyone is neglecting his 4.62 forty?? The guy is built like a tank at 265lbs an he ran a 4.6..... WOW! Smart as Kuechly, an stronger at the point of attack!!! I hope we fix our LB problem signing him!! At 5th or 25, we just solved that problem big time!!!!

MasterC25

Starter
#26 : February 28, 2012, 01:11:56 PM

I don't understand why everyone is neglecting his 4.62 forty?? The guy is built like a tank at 265lbs an he ran a 4.6..... WOW! Smart as Kuechly, an stronger at the point of attack!!! I hope we fix our LB problem signing him!! At 5th or 25, we just solved that problem big time!!!!

I agree Hightower is a tone setter and i would be opposed to trading back into the 1st round to assure we get him to man the Middle.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 28, 2012, 01:12:10 PM

Stiff hips, which is why he makes more sense in a 3-4

MasterC25

Starter
#28 : February 28, 2012, 01:20:36 PM

Stiff hips, which is why he makes more sense in a 3-4

Stiff Hips don't translate in any scheme 4-3 or 3-4 this is the NFL, where 5,000 passing yards was the norm last year. If you don't think he can play then say he cant play. I believe the guy can play as i seen him become the leader and the best player on the best defense in all of college football. The guy is a tone setter, calls the defense, instinctive and smart. It also doesnt hurt he played 3 yrs under one of the best  defensive football minds in all the game. As good as a resume your going to get coming into the league. Reminds me of Brian Cushing coming out.

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#29 : February 28, 2012, 04:34:04 PM

Stronger?? Really.

+1, I'm not buying it either!! Theirs footage around the web of Kuechly ( 6'3 & 242lbs ) getting trucked on the goal line for a score by a much smaller ( 5'11 & 190lbs at the most ) athletic QB ( from USF or UCF ). No way in hell Kuechly is stronger than Hightower.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dont'a Hightower « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools