Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Combine - 2/28/12 - DBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#30 : February 28, 2012, 10:33:31 AM

4.47 Is good enough for me. He can keep up with Kendall Wright at that speed lol

BucsWin31

Starter

#31 : February 28, 2012, 10:37:18 AM

Claiborne looks smooth in all of the drills so far. Just a natural baller

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 28, 2012, 10:41:55 AM

Yeah, Deion said he was surprised how smooth he looked considering he has a bad habit of playing high.

Imagine if he learned to play low. BEAST.

MasterC25

Starter
#33 : February 28, 2012, 10:42:42 AM

I hate these stupid threads, he ran a slow 40, blah blah blah.

Watch the game tape. Against elite speed at WR was he able to keep up? Can he close on the ball? Can he come up and tackle, can he cover the 9 route.

The 40 is for fans, not so much for teams.

Same thing I say about Dont'a Hightower but he actually ran a good 40 for his size.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 28, 2012, 10:43:36 AM

Fleming could be a steal if he is there in the 3rd and we aren't able to get Claiborne. 4.43..excellent in man, very strong for a DB..great size...technique is a bit raw...but he is very very talented.

MasterC25

Starter
#35 : February 28, 2012, 10:46:24 AM

Yeah, Deion said he was surprised how smooth he looked considering he has a bad habit of playing high.

Imagine if he learned to play low. BEAST.

Yea once he gets taught up by our new DBs coach he should improve...... wait

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 28, 2012, 10:47:54 AM

I will go ok the record and say this, if we can come out with Mo, Ron Brooks and Brandon Taylor our DB's would be the strength of this team. Yes all three are from LSU but all three are ballers and combine them with Tanard and Talib and we have a great group of players. To answer the question about Mo he did play against Julio, AJ and other top WR. Patrick Peterson did not play them exclusively. Mo is still developing but just think if he is this good now how good will he be in a couple of years? We would be making a huge mistake by not drafting Mo.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 28, 2012, 10:54:25 AM

my first pick is claiborne..

I think its more of a need then RB.. What we need to do is look at next years DB's and RB's dom likes to do that and will draft whatever is light next year.

When we lack talent as we currently do unless your picking a QB you DO NOT pick for need its BPA!
And I remain unconvinced that if Claiborne is there at #5, one won't be able to make a perfectly reasonable case for him being the BPA.  Sure, you don't reach to fill needs, but getting value AND filling a need is a good thing.

MasterC25

Starter
#38 : February 28, 2012, 11:02:19 AM

I will go ok the record and say this, if we can come out with Mo, Ron Brooks and Brandon Taylor our DB's would be the strength of this team. Yes all three are from LSU but all three are ballers and combine them with Tanard and Talib and we have a great group of players. To answer the question about Mo he did play against Julio, AJ and other top WR. Patrick Peterson did not play them exclusively. Mo is still developing but just think if he is this good now how good will he be in a couple of years? We would be making a huge mistake by not drafting Mo.

Ive said this before and Ill continue to say it, unless he projects to a Deion Sander/Rod Woodson "eliminating" corner I dont want him at #5. #10-15 sure absolutely. Trent Richardson on the other hand is predicted by alot of scouts and personnel people to be the next most talented back after A.D and provides toughness that i don't believe Claiborne does like a corner picked that high should like a Revis. IMO

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 28, 2012, 11:04:08 AM

Group 11 40 yard dash coming up when on the field drills are done.
: February 28, 2012, 11:08:02 AM Tampa-Two

bamabucs

Starter

#40 : February 28, 2012, 11:23:37 AM

Claiborne is not an athletic freak like Patrick Peterson was, and Peterson barely went in top 5...

There is a CB or two of Claiborne's talent in every draft, he isn't a once a 5 years kind of prospect like PP.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 28, 2012, 11:27:16 AM

Ive said this before and Ill continue to say it, unless he projects to a Deion Sander/Rod Woodson "eliminating" corner I dont want him at #5. #10-15 sure absolutely. Trent Richardson on the other hand is predicted by alot of scouts and personnel people to be the next most talented back after A.D and provides toughness that i don't believe Claiborne does like a corner picked that high should like a Revis. IMO

Blackmon or Caliborne are the most logical choices.  Drafting Richardson is settling because the premium positions are off the board.  Actually, I would choose DeCastro over Richardson if you want a safe pick when it comes to non premium positions.

bamabucs

Starter

#42 : February 28, 2012, 11:29:59 AM

Blackmon or Caliborne are the most logical choices.  Drafting Richardson is settling because the premium positions are off the board.  Actually, I would choose DeCastro over Richardson if you want a safe pick when it comes to non premium positions.

How is Blackmon, who brings nothing new to the table a logical choice at pick #5? There is a good chance a much bigger, but equally fast Alshon Jeffery could be obtained with 2nd round's #5.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 28, 2012, 11:33:52 AM

Janoris Jenkins - 4.44

Performance enhanced for sure.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 28, 2012, 11:38:00 AM

Claiborne is not an athletic freak like Patrick Peterson was, and Peterson barely went in top 5...

There is a CB or two of Claiborne's talent in every draft, he isn't a once a 5 years kind of prospect like PP.
Peterson had a pretty lousy rookie season outside of plays in the return game. While Claiborne isn't the athlete Peterson is, maybe that's a good thing and Claiborne is better at being a CB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Combine - 2/28/12 - DBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools