Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Combine - 2/28/12 - DBs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Buck N Up

Starter

#60 : February 28, 2012, 12:39:48 PM

Josh Robsinson out of UCF looks good. What round is he projected?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#61 : February 28, 2012, 12:45:12 PM

But if you can't make a case for him being top 10, you have a problem.

His point is...that with the top of draft being weaker than previous years...it is nearly impossible to make the "top ten case" for all but Luck, RG3, and Kalil. The other 7 players that get selected in '12 may not have been even remotely considered top ten in last years class....doesn't mean you say..."well, so and so isn't " top ten talent" based on previous years...so PASS!...no..take a player that can make an immediate and lasting impact...if its determined that player is Kuechly..then take him at #5(still should try to trade back)...**CENSORED** the fact that he had a 10-15 grade..if he ends up being Urlacher the the pick was well worth the scrutiny for "reaching".

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#62 : February 28, 2012, 12:52:44 PM

His point is...that with the top of draft being weaker than previous years...it is nearly impossible to make the "top ten case" for all but Luck, RG3, and Kalil. The other 7 players that get selected in '12 may not have been even remotely considered top ten in last years class....doesn't mean you say..."well, so and so isn't " top ten talent" based on previous years...so PASS!...no..take a player that can make an immediate and lasting impact...if its determined that player is Kuechly..then take him at #5(still should try to trade back)...**CENSORED** the fact that he had a 10-15 grade..if he ends up being Urlacher the the pick was well worth the scrutiny for "reaching".
That's actually been my entire point. If you have reservations about someone like Blackmon maybe not measuring up to be as good as his reputation may indicate, cast a wider net and look at more players, because we know every year players picked at #12 overall, #17, #23, and so on end up being better than those seen as locks for the top 10. Who thought Nnamdi Asomugha would be the best CB for a few years when he was picked #31 overall to be replaced by a #14 overall pick Darrelle Revis? Who says Kuechly can't be a top 10 ILB? There's going to be situations like that in this draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#63 : February 28, 2012, 12:54:26 PM

It's a crap shoot, for the most part

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#64 : February 28, 2012, 01:02:09 PM

Josh Robsinson out of UCF looks good. What round is he projected?
CBS Sports has him in the 4th.

MasterC25

Starter
#65 : February 28, 2012, 01:03:45 PM

Claiborne is not an athletic freak like Patrick Peterson was, and Peterson barely went in top 5...

There is a CB or two of Claiborne's talent in every draft, he isn't a once a 5 years kind of prospect like PP.
Peterson had a pretty lousy rookie season outside of plays in the return game. While Claiborne isn't the athlete Peterson is, maybe that's a good thing and Claiborne is better at being a CB.

Not sure what good things you can make out about Claiborne from PP having a lousy rookie season in NFL.

I remember PP being hailed as the best CB prospect since Champ Bailey by many draft experts, Claiborne on other hand seems like your regular 1st round CB prospect.
PP was fool's gold. He has the wrong body type to be a CB. He's too bulky. Champ Bailey, who as you say is the best CB prospect most of us have seen, was only 185 lbs coming out of UGA.

Yea but Champ ran a 4.28 Claiborne is an average 4.5 flat player big difference

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#66 : February 28, 2012, 01:18:46 PM

Yes, Claiborne is no Champ Bailey.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#67 : February 28, 2012, 01:22:07 PM

That's actually been my entire point. If you have reservations about someone like Blackmon maybe not measuring up to be as good as his reputation may indicate, cast a wider net and look at more players, because we know every year players picked at #12 overall, #17, #23, and so on end up being better than those seen as locks for the top 10. Who thought Nnamdi Asomugha would be the best CB for a few years when he was picked #31 overall to be replaced by a #14 overall pick Darrelle Revis? Who says Kuechly can't be a top 10 ILB? There's going to be situations like that in this draft.
What's exciting to me is the amount of talent that will be available after the first round...looks to be a very deep draft.

kjbugman

Starter

#68 : February 28, 2012, 01:22:58 PM

Morris Claiborne: 5'11 1/8 , 188,  4.47, 34.5" vertical

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#69 : February 28, 2012, 01:24:20 PM

kirkpatrick ran a 4.43 uonofficial would you take him over moclay now...?

No but he'd be a real nice fallback if Claiborne is gone. And yes I'd take him at 5. He's not quite as physical a cover corner that Claiborne is but the drop off is minimal.

MasterC25

Starter
#70 : February 28, 2012, 01:26:52 PM

Morris Claiborne: 5'11 1/8 , 188,  4.47, 34.5" vertical

Morris Claiborne: 5'11 1/8 , 188,  4.50, 34.5" vertical OFFICIAL

lowlife

Starter
#71 : February 28, 2012, 01:30:12 PM

4.51 official for Kirkpatrick.
These times have been weird, the disparity is sporadic.

lowlife

Starter
#72 : February 28, 2012, 01:31:30 PM

kirkpatrick ran a 4.43 uonofficial would you take him over moclay now...?

No but he'd be a real nice fallback if Claiborne is gone. And yes I'd take him at 5. He's not quite as physical a cover corner that Claiborne is but the drop off is minimal.

Actually, I'd say Kirk is a more physical cover guy. Really strong at the line, stifling a lot of players.
But he's not as fluid as Clai when it's time to turn and run.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#73 : February 28, 2012, 07:52:27 PM

If Ron Brooks is in the 7th or goes undrafted, I'd love to bring him in and see if he can compete with Mack, Gaitor, Lewis & Biggers.  Not only would I like to add starters, I'd like to see us upgrade the position as a whole.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#74 : February 28, 2012, 07:53:32 PM

Out of curiosity, did anyone like Harrison Smith out of Notre Dame? He looked intriguing.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Combine - 2/28/12 - DBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools