Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A surprise team has been inquiring about the #2 pick in the draft. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#15 : February 29, 2012, 12:19:08 AM

The problem for the Jets is that their WR situation may be worse off than ours. They're gonna lose Plax and Holmes has some personality issues. He's proven that Pitt was very wise to get rid of him despite his talent. So if we're going to fantasize, do this:
Sign V-Jax (possible, but a longshot given the competition) Yes, but i feel our receiver core will bounce back.
Trade two firsts and a third and fifth to move up for RG3. Yes, this is a nice offer. We have the cap space to fill the glaring holes.
Trade JF for a mid-first that becomes Michael Floyd. Luke Kuechly
Now you have an overstocked WR corps and trade MW for a third.
Lamar Miller is yours in the second and the best LB available with your new third. 2nd round: Doug Martin or Peter Konz
Silly, but hey, if you don't see the fun in this then you're missing the point. It has incredible potential.

For sh!ts and giggles, I'll play along...
I don't have any problem with that. Kuechly is gonna be very good in this league. Konz is the best OC in the draft and I wouldn't be upset with Martin either. Safety in the fifth round?

I would wait another year on Safety, it's a weak class. George Iloka from Boise State is an option, but I'd rather pick up a FA or just roll with what he got.

If Vontaze Burfict is there in the 5th, I'd rather gamble on him.

Tony Jefferson form Oklahoma would be nice next year.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

buchead

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 29, 2012, 12:27:04 AM

The 49ers wiuld be a good guess. Ravens also. Joe Flacco is up for a big contract soon. And I mean big. No way he takes less than Fitzpatrick or Kolb. That set the market and he is clearly a notch better & alot more accomlished(technically cough defense ).
 If it is the Ravens they have the perfect back up for RG3. If RG3s athleticism puts any Tebow-esque twist on the offense Tyrod Taylor can handle it. Hes RG3 lite.
 It could be any playoff team that feels they are 1 special player away. ATL was widely criticized for that huge leap they took to get J.Jones. But the new rookie wage scale will lead to similar trades every year. Its almost a good move to make if there is a dynamic player in the top 5 who can get you over the top.
 I just think the Falcons made the wrong trade though. They didnt go any further than last year. The saints too. And I think if the bucs wait a year or 2 to pull this type of trade off it actually may put us pass the 1st round of the playoffs. Anything can happen after that.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 29, 2012, 12:30:27 AM

Buchead, I agree that they made the wrong trade. Let's say Jones is a perennial 1,300-yard per year WR. Their pass rush is gonna be a mess. Not sold on their secondary. Oline has holes. Turner's clock is running. They need another TE or at least will in a year. And that's not even factoring in if Ryan is indeed a playoff QB.

In Verner We Trust

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 29, 2012, 12:30:59 AM

Yeah, let's get rid of Freeman so he goes and wins a bunch of Superbowls somewhere else. #draftedbucsQBcurse

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 29, 2012, 12:34:13 AM

Superstitious, BFT?

In Verner We Trust

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 29, 2012, 01:04:34 AM

Let me throw a "surprise team" that wouldnt surprise me.... Dallas.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 29, 2012, 01:07:33 AM

Dallas could do that ... and it wouldn't be the worst thing because Romo hasn't won and because they'd be able to recoup a lot in return for him in a second deal.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 29, 2012, 01:53:38 AM

Top 5 most to least likley (in this scenario)

Colts, Saints, Giants, Patriots, Panthers, Packers

The Patriots came to mind for me.  They always seem to be ahead of the curve, and could be angling for Brady's replacement in waiting.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 29, 2012, 02:00:11 AM

Of all the surprise teams I think it could be....why not the Texans?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 29, 2012, 02:02:58 AM

Schaub is still pretty good. They almost made it without him. Add a healthy Schaub and they might have won it all in 2011. Don't bet against them in 2012.

In Verner We Trust

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#25 : February 29, 2012, 02:10:31 AM

I don't think it could possibly be TB.  We "value" our picks too much and have way too many holes to fill. The only way they do this is if the tape says Free is just not gonna be any good anytime soon and we want an answer for Cam Newton.  I just don't see it.  With a good draft we can solidify our team for the next 5+ years in several positions.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 29, 2012, 02:14:47 AM

It wouldn't shock me if the surprise team was Elway trying to figure out how to move the Broncos up into a position to take Tebows replacement for when he gets benched by midseason due to suckage.

Hell I wouldn;t put it past him to throw Tebow into the trade package just to get rid of the guy.

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 29, 2012, 02:25:39 AM

It wouldn't shock me if the surprise team was Elway trying to figure out how to move the Broncos up into a position to take Tebows replacement for when he gets benched by midseason due to suckage.

Hell I wouldn;t put it past him to throw Tebow into the trade package just to get rid of the guy.

Considering Elway has public ally stated they are looking into QBs, along with the obvious Tebow questions, they don't qualify as a team you wouldn't expect.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 29, 2012, 02:28:12 AM

Considering Elway has public ally stated they are looking into QBs, along with the obvious Tebow questions, they don't qualify as a team you wouldn't expect.

Due to where they are picking in the draft it would have to be considered a shocker if the Broncos made that move to replace a guy that the general football fan (not die hards) consider to be almost god like.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 29, 2012, 02:52:13 AM

An Eagles fan I know had mentioned a couple days ago that the big rumor around Philly is that they're trying to trade up for RG3 and are (separately) willing to move Vick.

Decent amount of buzz that Eagles want RG3 bad.  Possibly trading Vick, or packaging 1st rounder this yr (15) both 2nd rounders, and 1st rounder next year, and probably another pick or two.
: February 29, 2012, 02:53:50 AM Naismith

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A surprise team has been inquiring about the #2 pick in the draft. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools