Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A surprise team has been inquiring about the #2 pick in the draft. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

pljlsplltt

Second String

#30 : February 29, 2012, 05:58:16 AM

If it is the Eagles I doubt the Rams take Vick in a trade deal since they have Bradford, but they woud take Asante Samuel or DRC with open arms, I doubt they trade Nnamdi. As far as the Patriots go they drafted Ryan Mallet last year, and I think with him learning from Tom Brady he can be good enough to take over after Brady is done, but you never know with the Pats.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 29, 2012, 06:25:55 AM

Top 5 most to least likley (in this scenario)

Colts, Saints, Giants, Patriots, Panthers, Packers

The Patriots came to mind for me.  They always seem to be ahead of the curve, and could be angling for Brady's replacement in waiting.

Ryan Mallett

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 29, 2012, 06:41:38 AM

Just because they took him doesn't mean they still like him. 

If the team was one you'd "never imagine", then it's a place where the QB seems set.  Jets is my 'favorite' in that scenario as Sanchez sucks but nobody wants to admit it, so the media plays it like he is gold.  But they aren't the only team with an apparently solid QB sitch but there are actually questions -- Tampa, Philly, Dallas, and Atlanta fit there (not counting Denver, those questions are obvious).  But if you are truly looking at a place you would never imagine you would be looking at a place where it seems impossible the QB leaves -- Pitt, Pats, Saints.  Dont see brees going and they can buy him, maybe Brady is ready to retire after next year, maybe Ben is starting to feel all the injuries?  That's what fits the description.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 29, 2012, 08:04:07 AM

What If the Bucs Were the Surprise Team?

It would mean Schiano already needs to be fired....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 29, 2012, 08:26:47 AM

J-E-T-S

This was my first thought.

Hopefully if it was us, we'd only be doing it so we could turn around and trade RG3 to someone else for more than we paid. We might be able to move from #5 to #2 for two firsts....but then trade it to a team like the Dolphins for two firsts, a second, and a 3rd.....or something like that.

Maybe we could trade the #2 pick to the Redskins for two firsts and Kerrigan! Lolz :)
: February 29, 2012, 08:30:53 AM JDouble

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 29, 2012, 08:40:27 AM

What If the Bucs Were the Surprise Team?

It would mean Schiano already needs to be fired....

It would mean he reviewed the tape and he's not a huge fan of Raheem's boy. I'm all for having these coaches get Freeman back on track, but I'm not going to act like he's a teir 1 QB. Id rather have RG3 for sure, but I know that happening is unrealistic.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 29, 2012, 11:11:04 AM

Being reported that the surprise team was the Patriots

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 29, 2012, 11:15:40 AM

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if JJ sends a crap load of picks to STL and then sends Romo to Miami, Cleveland, or Seattle for a few mid-round picks.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 29, 2012, 11:17:12 AM

This could mean the Patriots are likely targeting Justin Blackmon. They are reported to be in the market for a WR this FA

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 29, 2012, 11:22:13 AM

The list of surprings teams for me would be, Giants, Packers, Lions, Panthers, Colts (obviously), Steelers, Bengals, and Chargers.  Other than them, I wouldn't be 1 bit surprised that any other team in the NFL wanted to jump up to #2.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 29, 2012, 11:27:18 AM

We can all either dream or joke about bucs trading up but in the end it wouldnt make any sense.

Sure, Freeman had a terrible season in 2011 but he just turned 24. Its WAY too early to call him a bust.

I would be lying if I said I wouldnt want RG3 but we allready got a young potential franchise quarterback. Would be dumb to give up on him allready.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 29, 2012, 11:35:26 AM

God I hope not Justin. I guess it would depend on what the Bucs get for Freeman. Would the Bucs trade up to guarantee the get Kalil or Claiborne instead of RG3?  I just hate giving up picks to move up 3 spots.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 29, 2012, 11:37:47 AM

We can all either dream or joke about bucs trading up but in the end it wouldnt make any sense.

Sure, Freeman had a terrible season in 2011 but he just turned 24. Its WAY too early to call him a bust.

I would be lying if I said I wouldnt want RG3 but we allready got a young potential franchise quarterback. Would be dumb to give up on him allready.

I agree for the most part.  At this point in time, it would be a bit soon to trade up to draft a QB, that being said, if there is a team willing to part with similar compensation for Freeman, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  For example, if the Bucs were to need #5 and #36 this year and a first and third next year for the #2 pick and say that the Eagles are willing to part with #15, both 2nd's and a 2nd next year for Freeman... I'd help Freeman pack and drive him to the airport.

Now, say that the Redskins get Manning and the Fish get Flynn, leaving the Browns as the only legitimate buyer, maybe... the Rams just select Kalil.... the Vikings take Claiborne.... and the Browns want to give McCoy a shot with Blackmon... leaving Griffen to fall to the Bucs at #5, I'd trade Freeman for ANYTHING and draft Griffen.  NOW, do I think there's a chance this could happen?  Yes, I think there is a reasonably small chance it could... but I don't expect it to and would be willing to bet against it, but again, I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.
: February 29, 2012, 11:39:28 AM TBayXXXVII

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 29, 2012, 11:48:23 AM

Tis the season. The Rams are doing everything in there power to generate a trade before FA opens. The possibility of Manning hitting the market and Flynn also out there. The QB market could thin out quickly.

If the 49ers make a move up with the Rams then Alex Smith isn't re-signed IMO.

dbrooks55

Starter

#44 : February 29, 2012, 11:53:37 AM

I reaaaaally hope it's not the Eagles..but it wouldn't surprise me if they are the 'mystery team'. They seem to pull this crap.

I think it is the Eagles...they are only on the hook with Vick through this next season...who do they have besides Vick..Trent Edwards? I think they also have 2 2nd rounders.

They swap 1st's give them a 2nd and DeSean Jackson. Gonna have to get rid of #10 anyway so RG3 can have it!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A surprise team has been inquiring about the #2 pick in the draft. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools