Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers and Schiano “Want” Sanu « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : February 28, 2012, 11:26:08 PM »

Buccaneers and Schiano “Want” Sanu

Posted on February 27, 2012 4:54 pm by The Commish

By: Justin Pawlowski

With the Buccaneers looking to improve their receiving corps and bringing in former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as their own head coach, it was only natural to think they’d be interested in former Rutgers standout receiver Muhamed Sanu in this upcoming draft.

Sanu has been Rutgers top receiving threat the past few years while having true freshmen throwing him passes in each of the past three seasons.

As a junior in 2011, Sanu ended with 115 receptions for 1,206 yards and 7 touchdowns.  These are very impressive numbers when you take into account the uncertainty the Scarlet Knights had at quarterback last season.

Sanu was less than impressive at the combine, running just a 4.67 in the 40-yard dash.  With him being a possession receiver, speed wouldn’t be his biggest attribute, but that is a pretty slow 40-yard dash time for a receiver.  By running that slow, there will be some questions as to whether Sanu will be able to separate from corners in the NFL.

Despite running a slow forty time, SI.com’s Peter King still views Sanu as a top 5 receiver in this draft and pinpoints one team that would love to draft him.

Looks like Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame will be the only  wideouts in round one, unless Hill sneaks in there. Reuben Randle of LSU and  Rutgers’ Mohamed Sanu (the Bucs and new coach Greg Schiano want him) could go  4-5 unless Baylor’s Kendall Wright overcomes a lousy combine.

I understand the connection with Schiano, but the Buccaneers should be looking for explosive receivers to pair with Mike Williams and Arrelious Benn.  Sanu’s lack of explosion at the combine would more compare to what the Buccaneers already have at receiver and not someone that can stretch the field.

Interesting that Kendall Wright is no longer considered a 1st round receiver after his slow forty time (4.60).  Wright made numerous plays down the field for Baylor and might be a more attractive option for the Buccaneers at the top of round 2 as he plays much faster in games than he timed.
« : February 29, 2012, 12:11:21 AM michael89156 »

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 28, 2012, 11:37:52 PM »

If we're gonna take a WR in the draft, I still think Wright is the best choice...

How far he drops back? God knows...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 28, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »

Noooooooooooo.....

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 28, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »

BTW, how far is Travis Benjamin predicted to drop back? That dude lit UP the 40...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 28, 2012, 11:44:02 PM »

Not the best choice in Round 2 and he's probably gone by Round 3. Bad way to go.

In Verner We Trust

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 28, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »

Sounds like pure Peter King speculation. Absolutely no substance to it other than the fact that Schiano was his coach.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 29, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »

Not buying into this because it's speculation. Come on people

Formerly known as Revis Islander

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #7 : February 29, 2012, 12:12:31 AM »

Sanu is a lot like Hakeem Nicks. Similar measurables and both had not so impressive 40's at the combine, but they're both faster on the field. I wonder if both him and Kendall Wright will be on the board for our 2nd rounder.

MasterC25

Starter
« #8 : February 29, 2012, 12:13:09 AM »

Well at least I know for sure Sanu will NOT be a Buccaneer come draft weekend.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 29, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »

It's not impossible to think Sanu could fall to the 3rd. I'd have no problem with him there or late 2nd.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 29, 2012, 12:22:49 AM »

Could be a solid WR prospect, but he is not what the Bucs need IMO.  Gotta go free agency for a WR.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #11 : February 29, 2012, 07:11:16 AM »

Been saying this for a while Coach Schiano loved his ability  in college and spoke of him highly

He will be on the Bucs Radar

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #12 : February 29, 2012, 07:14:53 AM »

BTW, how far is Travis Benjamin predicted to drop back? That dude lit UP the 40...

Benjamin isnt going to drop because he never was up. he was projected 4th round. hes not worth the draft pick. he can run fast but thats about it. very questionable hands. if were going to take a receiver in the second id rather have tommy streeter than benjamin or stephen hill for that matter. both are fast guys with serious questions about ability

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #13 : February 29, 2012, 07:20:21 AM »

Sounds like pure Peter King speculation. Absolutely no substance to it other than the fact that Schiano was his coach.

^^ This ^^

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 29, 2012, 07:50:31 AM »

Meh.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers and Schiano “Want” Sanu « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools