Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will any team want Barrett Ruud? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 29, 2012, 08:00:27 PM

Re: Will any team want Barrett Ruud?

Might as well ask them if they want kidney stones.

Or hemorrhoids.

Or Genital warts.

Or being face deep in a "bloody surprise"..0 out of 10 on the fun scale.

How about handing out mustache rides at the Sweating to the Oldies Men's Championship?

player101

Starter
#31 : February 29, 2012, 08:20:12 PM

What bothers me is that as bad as BRuud was, the LB play went straight to hell when he left. I really cannot say any LB on our roster is or ever will be as good (which is poor by NFL standards) as Ruud. Hopefully Foster or Watson step up, but their haven't been many signs.
: February 29, 2012, 08:24:30 PM player101

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 29, 2012, 08:48:52 PM

Player 101...it's because Ruud sucked when it came to being physical. He didn't hit hard, he couldn't shed blocks...but he was a pretty smart player that was usually in the right spot, and he knew the defense well enough that he changed the defense presnap on a regular basis. Foster plays like you want your Mike to play.....but he was a completely inexperienced noob last year and it showed. It was compounded by the fact that neither of our OLB were good enough to pick up the slack. Neither Hayes nor Black could read an offense and help align the defense presnap. Recipe for destruction.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 29, 2012, 09:13:10 PM

Foster and Watson are far from scrubs.
I didn't list them as scrubs. I just think Dan Connor is better then both of them. Keep in mind Dan Connor was a 3rd round pick and picked before Mason Foster so its not like Mason is some absolute monster guy that is just irreplaceable.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will any team want Barrett Ruud? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools