Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah I know most people here hate soccer....but « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: March 01, 2012, 04:56:30 AM

The USA beat Italy for the first time ever, and did it in Italy. Score was 1-0.

Although it was a friendly (soccer term for exhibition). The Italy team is among the best in the world. It's the first win for USA against Italy that includes 11 games spanning 78 years. Overall record was 0-7-4 and outscored 32-4.

Should give Team USA confidence going into the World Cup qualifying later this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/u-beat-italy-first-time-ever-did-italy-215145375.html

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : March 01, 2012, 05:52:01 AM

Soccer=cure for insomnia

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 01, 2012, 07:49:04 AM

Stunning result - good for the program from the top to bottom

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 01, 2012, 07:55:51 AM

Good news. It should be noted that it was a friendly. But a nice victory for the team regardless.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 01, 2012, 01:31:33 PM

Friendly or not, Italy was trying to win and looked surprised and frustrated as the clock ran out.

Big win USA!

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 01, 2012, 02:45:01 PM

Good job team USA.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 02, 2012, 06:46:47 PM

The USA beat Italy for the first time ever, and did it in Italy.

Pretty sure we already did that in the 40's...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 02, 2012, 08:22:31 PM

Not trying to be a downer but important to note we scored a lone goal AGAINST the run of play AND playing a style that the new coach is trying to leave behind.  A win is always good, even in a friendly and particularly in Italy, but its probably best not to make too much of it

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 02, 2012, 09:25:55 PM

Not trying to be a downer but important to note we scored a lone goal AGAINST the run of play AND playing a style that the new coach is trying to leave behind.  A win is always good, even in a friendly and particularly in Italy, but its probably best not to make too much of it

So now you're making excuses for Italy losing?  Wasn't Raheem enough?  Will the madness ever stop?

:P

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 02, 2012, 10:19:22 PM

So now you're making excuses for Italy losing?  Wasn't Raheem enough?  Will the madness ever stop?

You are a dumb azz if you think that. I am an American and a fan of our national team.  Even though I played in the back my entire career (and admired Maldini) I hate the Italian side and their negative brand of football.

Maybe you should go back to Hitler jokes?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 02, 2012, 10:34:27 PM

You are a dumb azz if you think that. I am an American and a fan of our national team.  Even though I played in the back my entire career (and admired Maldini) I hate the Italian side and their negative brand of football.

Maybe you should go back to Hitler jokes?

Down tiger !!! that was tongue in cheek, which is why the smiley was there. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah I know most people here hate soccer....but « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools