Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Williams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: March 01, 2012, 11:10:10 AM

How big of a need is Mario?

To me, he is the ultimate prize in this years FA. He legitimizes an absolutely putrid front four pass rush. He makes life easier for GMac and Price. He makes the Bucs defense legit up front. Bucs need to pull out all the stops and get Mario In Tampa. 👊

Duh, of course. But how hard do you think Dom and Schiano want him?  If they trend the way I see the Glazers do, every few years they like to make one player the highest paid whilst neglecting every other need. So is this the season the Glazers see the need to put butts in seats, improve the anemic pass rush and once and for all reward Mario with a big contract like he deserves. Bucs need this cat. He is bonafide.
: March 01, 2012, 11:12:41 AM Boid Fink

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 01, 2012, 11:14:49 AM

If getting Mario Williams meant not bidding and getting two guys like Finnegan/Lofton/Jackson/Carr and a few others I would be upset. Now if we got him but, we also bid and got two of the mentioned which we could, then I'd be happy.
I don't think he's leaving Houston, and if by some chance he does I don't think it will be here.
I definitely understand the absolute force our Defense line could become because of him though. He is an insane player.
: March 01, 2012, 11:17:11 AM freeman 5

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 01, 2012, 11:25:39 AM

It would be nice if Mario Williams could play Middle Line backer

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#3 : March 01, 2012, 11:25:52 AM

but where is he going to play with the emergence of Bowers and Clayborn...i know Williams is a specimen but i rather roll with the young guys that have shown us what the future can look like for us..unless we place him at DT

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 01, 2012, 02:39:40 PM

Clayborn and Bowers combined for 9 sacks last year.

Williams gets that, usually more, by himself.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 01, 2012, 02:41:07 PM

Clayborn and Williams at the ends. Bowers and Bennett rotating. 3rd downs with Clayborn/McCoy/Williams/Bowers..

There is no real reason to not sign him, imo.

We were still at the bottom of the league in sacks last year

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 01, 2012, 04:45:49 PM

Clayborn and Williams at the ends. Bowers and Bennett rotating. 3rd downs with Clayborn/McCoy/Williams/Bowers..

There is no real reason to not sign him, imo.

We were still at the bottom of the league in sacks last year

^^^^Agree^^^^

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#7 : March 01, 2012, 04:51:48 PM

Developing defensive linemen takes time. You guys are complaining about lack of sacks last year...all of those DEs were in the first year of significant snaps. Give them a chance to actually prove they can't do it before you replace them. Mario Williams is an athletic freak, but none of those guys will reach their full potential on the bench.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 01, 2012, 04:58:41 PM

There are plenty of snaps for three quality pass rushing DEs. Williams would make this team better, but like has been stated, if it is between Williams and the possibility of signing two other significant upgrades, the better value may be to go with the two player approach. Hard to say.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 01, 2012, 05:02:07 PM

Developing defensive linemen takes time. You guys are complaining about lack of sacks last year...all of those DEs were in the first year of significant snaps. Give them a chance to actually prove they can't do it before you replace them. Mario Williams is an athletic freak, but none of those guys will reach their full potential on the bench.
Just look at JPP

o wait

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 01, 2012, 05:05:17 PM

Not his rookie year . Williams had 4.5 sacks his rookie year.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 01, 2012, 05:12:30 PM

If you can sign a guy of Mario Williams' talents, you do it.  Whether you feel his position is of need or not, he's worth making a phone call to see if there is any interest from his camp.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 01, 2012, 05:23:28 PM

Is this post real life?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 01, 2012, 05:35:29 PM

Is this post real life?

What's the problem ?? You are comparing Mario's production to that of two rookies , so it makes sense to look at what Mario did HIS rookie season....worse than Clayborn...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 01, 2012, 05:38:20 PM

Do you guys really think this is a possibility?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools