Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Williams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 01, 2012, 08:24:24 PM

I am all for a Mario Williams signing. He NEEDS to be number 1 priority.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 01, 2012, 08:52:14 PM

I think he'll get a contract close to the one I posted....but not with the Bucs. I said we should sign him, but I don't think we will. My gut says Titans or Jags.

I said it a couple of weeks ago and I still think it will happen, JJ will overpay to bring him to Dallas.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 01, 2012, 09:11:32 PM

I think he'll get a contract close to the one I posted....but not with the Bucs. I said we should sign him, but I don't think we will. My gut says Titans or Jags.

I said it a couple of weeks ago and I still think it will happen, JJ will overpay to bring him to Dallas.

One BIG problem...the Cowboys have no $....plus they still want to resign Robinson and a few others.....JJ and Stevie are going to have to make some major cuts to to even get close to offering him a deal...especially if they are wanting to bring in Carr as rumored...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 01, 2012, 09:31:46 PM

One BIG problem...the Cowboys have no $....plus they still want to resign Robinson and a few others.....JJ and Stevie are going to have to make some major cuts to to even get close to offering him a deal...especially if they are wanting to bring in Carr as rumored...

The Bears had no money yet still signed Peppers. The Cowboys have over 12m in salary cap before they do any restructures or similar cap reduction moves and they have a lot of players with big cap numbers that they can convert to signing bonuses to create even more room. If they want to get it done, they can. This could be the player that wins them a Superbowl (If Romo doesn't choke again). JJ would do what it takes to get it done. The only question is will he?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 01, 2012, 09:41:22 PM

Mario could be a leader and dominator in recreating a culture of defensive winning in a nicely put together facility. He might be excited for a chance to rebuild Tampa. Be THE Guy. He will like his game to game paychecks. Pay Da Man. Bowers and Clayborn, McCoy and Price will exponentially get better.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : March 01, 2012, 09:44:35 PM

Clayborn and Bowers combined for 9 sacks last year.

Williams gets that, usually more, by himself.

Not his rookie year . Williams had 4.5 sacks his rookie year.
Is this post real life?

What's the problem ?? You are comparing Mario's production to that of two rookies , so it makes sense to look at what Mario did HIS rookie season....worse than Clayborn...
Does that actually make sense to you?

Mike Williams had a better rookie year than Calvin Johnson's rookie year. Should we not trade for them straight up?

What are you talking about

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 01, 2012, 09:46:26 PM

The Bears had no money yet still signed Peppers. The Cowboys have over 12m in salary cap before they do any restructures or similar cap reduction moves and they have a lot of players with big cap numbers that they can convert to signing bonuses to create even more room. If they want to get it done, they can. This could be the player that wins them a Superbowl (If Romo doesn't choke again). JJ would do what it takes to get it done. The only question is will he?

Wins a super bowl? I don't see them as contenders right now.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 01, 2012, 10:05:08 PM

Dallas is WAAAY more than an elite pass rush away from the SB...much less a playoff win.

That secondary may be more trash than ours.

Besides...I doubt JJ will commit over $30 million to two defensive ends.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 01, 2012, 10:07:24 PM

The Bears had no money yet still signed Peppers.

There was no cap when the Bears signed Peppers in 2010 and gave him $35M in his first year. How do you figure they had no money?

Draft Aaron Donald

bashear

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 01, 2012, 11:00:26 PM

Dallas is WAAAY more than an elite pass rush away from the SB...much less a playoff win.

I think the Cowboys are contenders if they fix their secondary, which I think they will try to do in FA. Not sure if they also have the bucks to go after Mario.

I said they would be contenders, but they'll still find ways to screw up. But, on paper, contenders.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 01, 2012, 11:15:54 PM

I think the Cowboys are contenders if they fix their secondary, which I think they will try to do in FA. Not sure if they also have the bucks to go after Mario.

I said they would be contenders, but they'll still find ways to screw up. But, on paper, contenders.

The secondary gets a LOT of help with Ware on one side and Mario on the other.

Besides, I'm not stating this is a fact, I am saying it is my guess where Mario goes, so please, don't have a cow about it.

And let me rephrase my SB statement a little, this could be the player that "JJ THINKS" will win them a SB. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Heck, I saw on NFL network today suggesting Mario could goto Atlanta. Now that would stink.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 01, 2012, 11:27:28 PM

The secondary gets a LOT of help with Ware on one side and Mario on the other.

Besides, I'm not stating this is a fact, I am saying it is my guess where Mario goes, so please, don't have a cow about it.

And let me rephrase my SB statement a little, this could be the player that "JJ THINKS" will win them a SB. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Heck, I saw on NFL network today suggesting Mario could goto Atlanta. Now that would stink.
Hehe, nobody has any facts--just having a discussion with no bovine births. I agree that Mario to the Falcons would be smelly.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#42 : March 02, 2012, 12:20:53 AM

Getting pressure with just your front four is the most important part of a good 4-3. Mario is the most important FA we could possibly sign. Period.
+ A Million couldnt have siad it better completly right!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 02, 2012, 06:54:21 AM

Clayborn and Bowers combined for 9 sacks last year.

Williams gets that, usually more, by himself.

Not his rookie year . Williams had 4.5 sacks his rookie year.
Is this post real life?

What's the problem ?? You are comparing Mario's production to that of two rookies , so it makes sense to look at what Mario did HIS rookie season....worse than Clayborn...
Does that actually make sense to you?

Mike Williams had a better rookie year than Calvin Johnson's rookie year. Should we not trade for them straight up?

What are you talking about

The point is , if you want Mario , argue for him on his own merits. Don't try to pump up his value my comparing his production to that of 2 rookies who actually look very promising and could turn out to be great players for us , because Mario didn't exactly light up the world his rookie season either. 

Get it now ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 02, 2012, 07:12:11 AM

Point is Mario is the best pass rushing 4-3 DE in the league and we don't have a single proven DE on the roster. You can say it's cause they are young or that they might be great in the future or whatever, but we have nothing right now except potential and hope....while Mario is only 27 years old and the proven best. Passing on the proven best because we have potential and hope is stupid. Besides, everyone knows Bower has bad knees and his career isn't expected to be a long one. If he is used as a rotational guy it could extend his career by years.

Clayborn on the right, Mario on the left with Bowers and Bennett rotating in to keep everyone fresh. Plus, on 3rd and long passing downs you slip Mario inside next to McCoy and Bowers or Bennett play LE. Our defense is instantly 10x better.

Get it now?

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools