Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official "Draft Morris Claiborne" Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yungbull

Starter
: March 01, 2012, 10:08:16 PM

Let me start off by saying that my favorite player in the draft this year is TRENT.  I've been a hard core fan since he arrived at Bama.   I believe when we pick at #5 he'll be the BPA.  After that I believe its 2a Blackmon (from my Alma Mater) and 2b Mo Claiborne.  Unless we land a premier CB in free agency, (ie Finnegan, Carr) AND Talib doesn't end up in jail or cut this offseason, we almost have to draft Claiborne.

After watching the few vids of him on youtube that AREN'T highlight vids, I believe this guy could be a perennial pro bowl talent with solid coaching and a strong supporting cast.  I understand he doesn't have blazing 4.3 speed, but he seems to not have issues with keeping up with the fastest in the SEC.  He seems mature, unselfish, intelligent, has great length, hands, and tackling ability, plus his coverage skills are as solid as anybody's i've seen entering the draft in a while.

I would be ecstatic if we drafted either MoClay, Trent, or Blackmon, but Mo Claiborne seems to be a lock for us this year.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 01, 2012, 10:09:48 PM

I'm pretty sure we already have one of these around here...

yungbull

Starter
#2 : March 01, 2012, 10:13:03 PM

I'm pretty sure we already have one of these around here...

Then you should've posted the link.  If not, let it slide.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 02, 2012, 03:31:33 AM

damn his cover skills are for real. He's going to be a top NFL corner in a couple of years, hope we get him. I'd only pass him up for Kalil.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2012, 07:44:13 AM

Love his ball-skills . If we switched him to offense he'd be our best WR , LOL.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 02, 2012, 08:11:13 AM

Love his ball-skills . If we switched him to offense he'd be our best WR , LOL.
He was a WR in high school that switched positions at LSU. His ball skills have always been that good. I support the Claiborne pick b/c I think he will be a good pro. Its crazy how his rookie year would only be his 4th year playing the position which means he hasn't his pinnacle. Dude could be special or he could be stagnant. Either way, he should be a good player. If we take him at #5, I want Revis Island or top 5 CB in the NFL. I don't wanna hear the excuses when if is struggling against the top WR's(past year 1) and needs safety help. Don't wanna hear that garbage, he better never ask for help or its just a waste pick. Hopefully he pans out if he comes to TB.
: March 02, 2012, 08:12:51 AM Detrimental

yungbull

Starter
#6 : March 02, 2012, 12:40:39 PM

With Grimes and Finnegan likely to get tagged.  There's no way in hell we pass on the guy.  I could see him as one the leagues best by year two or three.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 02, 2012, 01:11:38 PM

I think he will be there for us at #5.
Indy - Luck
Cleveland - RG3
Minny - Kalil
Stl - Blackmon
TB - Claiborne

I think if STL gets stuck at #2 there will be a problem. This is worst case scenario IMO.
Indy - Luck
STL - Kalil
Minny - Claiborne
Cleveland - Richardson
TB - ??? Hopefully trade down. I like Blackmon but not at 5. If we had to pick here I'd want Reiff.

The key is having Kalil still be there for the Vikes.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Ron Swanson

Starter

#8 : March 02, 2012, 01:18:31 PM

another Official Claiborne thread, not that I mind since I really want him, I even renamed my top Madden CB in my last draft after him, he has 3 picks in three games!

anyways I'm always hoping to get Rick-rolled when I click on these "official" threads.

We're no strangers to loooovee. you know the rules, and so do i!

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#9 : March 02, 2012, 03:29:17 PM

Do want.

yungbull

Starter
#10 : March 22, 2012, 01:16:28 PM

Finally some negative game tape on Claiborne.  He doesn't seem to look great against quicker, speedy WRs.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 22, 2012, 01:55:53 PM

I would like him please.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 22, 2012, 02:13:22 PM

Finally some negative game tape on Claiborne.  He doesn't seem to look great against quicker, speedy WRs.

He had some open field issues on 2-3 plays but coverage-wise I didn't see a lot of issues. There were 2 cover-2 concepts here the man over the top didn't do his job and then some comebacks but on one of the comebacks the guy had to "comeback" at last 10 yards off his break to get open.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 22, 2012, 02:39:58 PM

I want him, but it's 50-50 he's not there at 5.

In Verner We Trust

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 22, 2012, 04:55:22 PM

According to his Pro Day time, he IS a 4.3 guy...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official "Draft Morris Claiborne" Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools