Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints under investigation for headhunting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 02, 2012, 03:55:48 PM

Tell the Aints fans how you all feel>
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Red Alert

Rookie

#16 : March 02, 2012, 03:59:34 PM

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/03/02/3791294/saints-violated-nfls-bounty-rule.html

Here's the SunHerald article. Cracks me up what Tom Benson said what he wants to do... i.e. put it all behind him. He doesn't realize that this is big.
: March 02, 2012, 04:02:54 PM Red Alert

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 02, 2012, 04:00:52 PM

Its not big?!^

Swew they must be penalized!

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 02, 2012, 04:03:16 PM

There is only one thing that you find unanimous among fans and that is that we dont like to see injuries.  This makes Bellichek's cheating look like a minor slip up.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2012, 04:06:28 PM

Let the suspensions start rolling.. dirty a$$ 'aints. Greg Williams should be included

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 02, 2012, 04:10:13 PM

So, anyone got an opinion on how this ranks in the "biggest scandals in pro sports history" category? 

From the ones I can think of this has got to be number one, it's worse than cheating or throwing games or point shaving to me.  Maybe I am forgetting something worse?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 02, 2012, 04:15:10 PM

So, anyone got an opinion on how this ranks in the "biggest scandals in pro sports history" category? 

From the ones I can think of this has got to be number one, it's worse than cheating or throwing games or point shaving to me.  Maybe I am forgetting something worse?
paying players to purposely injure should be pretty high up there. That must have been karma coming back around when we broke Sean Payton's leg

Red Alert

Rookie

#22 : March 02, 2012, 04:21:20 PM

It can't be number one, because this thing happens all the time. Dumb Aints got caught tho. So it's gotta be up there somewhere..

Supreme

Starter

#23 : March 02, 2012, 04:22:28 PM

Crap like this makes me sick, especially if the whole team was fully aware of this and chose to willingly to be involved.

I hope the hammer drops down on everyone that was involved. These low-life idiots deserve everything coming to them.

I

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2012, 04:25:31 PM

They aren't the only team doing this I am sure. Rodney Harrison probably made a "killin" participating in such buffoonery. Hopefully they lose a draft pick.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 02, 2012, 04:25:39 PM

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the NFL has determined that MLB Jonathan Vilma was one of the primary culprits in the Saints' "pay for performance" bounty program that will result in NFL discipline.
"In the week of the NFC Championship Game," Schefter said on NFL Live Friday, "Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma put $10,000 in cash on a table and said 'this goes to the guy that knocks out Brett Favre.'" Those weren't Vilma's exact words, but they were similar, according to Schefter, and he's sure to be atop the league's target list for impending discipline. It's worth nothing that Vilma is due $5.4 million in 2012 and has been discussed as a possible salary cap casualty. We wouldn't expect him back with the Saints.

cryptfiend

Starter

#26 : March 02, 2012, 04:28:17 PM

you dont remember the dirty play against favre in the champtionship game?  i guess it kinda got brushed under the table when the saints won the superbowl, but they shouldnt have even gone that year.  it should have been favre's last chance.  the saints defense were playing dirty all year but took it to another level in that game against favre.  its a credit to favre that he never said anything (well, i think he said one thing right after the game, but that was it).

The saints should really be stripped of the title, and get to keep their draft picks and **CENSORED**.  the superbowl win was a joke...they didnt earn it, or deserve it.

Supreme

Starter

#27 : March 02, 2012, 04:29:04 PM

any word on how this all got leaked?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 02, 2012, 04:30:22 PM

I think the worst part of this is that even with the extra motivation how bad the Saints defense has been.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 02, 2012, 04:32:11 PM

My guess, a 2nd rounder and a stiff fine.

Bill B. got a first taken from the team and 500k torched from his bank account for stealing multiple SB's. That was the whole team running his scheme, with the Saints however, it was just defense.

Two successful teams cheating....hmm.. sounds like what I've (and others) been saying all along. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints under investigation for headhunting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools