Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints under investigation for headhunting « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #165 : March 04, 2012, 01:37:38 AM »

I'm going to be the cynic until I actually see the punishment. Remember that this is the league that has given the Saints all these calls the last few years. This is the league that wouldn't admit to the obvious that we were ALL seeing. This is the league that used them in commercials that allowed them to take down Favre and Peyton. It comes out now, AFTER the damage is done. If you don't strip their Super Bowl title, you're essentially saying that what they did was worth the trouble.
I don't believe in Goodell giving them more than a slap on the wrist. At the very least they'll divert blame away to individuals and find a way in the end to twist it into New Orleans being VICTIMS, not beneficiaries of this corruption. It won't come down on the shield, but rather scapegoats.
When justice is done, I'll believe it. History says the NFL will do what's best for the NFL, not what is right.

In Verner We Trust

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #166 : March 04, 2012, 03:42:32 AM »

I'm going to be the cynic until I actually see the punishment. Remember that this is the league that has given the Saints all these calls the last few years. This is the league that wouldn't admit to the obvious that we were ALL seeing. This is the league that used them in commercials that allowed them to take down Favre and Peyton. It comes out now, AFTER the damage is done. If you don't strip their Super Bowl title, you're essentially saying that what they did was worth the trouble.
I don't believe in Goodell giving them more than a slap on the wrist. At the very least they'll divert blame away to individuals and find a way in the end to twist it into New Orleans being VICTIMS, not beneficiaries of this corruption. It won't come down on the shield, but rather scapegoats.
When justice is done, I'll believe it. History says the NFL will do what's best for the NFL, not what is right.

I'm hoping like hell they stepped on the wrong toes this time.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #167 : March 04, 2012, 04:10:37 AM »

And now it's not just the Skins that are also being looked at, the Bills have been dumped in the mix too.
Comments from 4 ex Bills players under Williams when he was head coach have said it went on there too.
Coy Wire is one of the guys and he's the defender that ended Lions RBs James Stewarts career.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8275de8b/article/williams-reportedly-also-ran-bounty-system-as-bills-head-coach?module=HP11_headline_stack
Williams needs to be suspended indefinitely, that's been done to players for action outside the workplace so this should be a no brainer.

Jeff Fisher as the guy who originally gave Williams a coordinator position also needs to be looked at IMO, if this was going on with the Saints, Skins & Bills you can bet your bottom dollar it was going on in Tennessee.
Just think, it's not just Williams who was DC under Fisher that has an "iify" past, Jim Schwartz was DC when Haynesworth stomped a guy (Now Suh does it too!), it's like Fisher encourages dirty play from his defensive side of the team.
Which coaching tree does Fisher come from? Buddy Ryan who had allegations of running a "bounty system" targeting players like Troy Aikman when Fisher was his DC.
You can't tell me something doesn't smell "Fishy" there.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #168 : March 04, 2012, 04:47:34 AM »

Williams is the devil.   I've never liked the guy and I'm glad he's finally been caught.   But I don't think it's the fault of the Bills, Saints, Redskins or Titans.   I think this is all on Williams.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #169 : March 04, 2012, 07:01:19 AM »

I don't know, Roger seems hellbent on making the NFL touch football, I don't think he can just sit by and let the Saints get away with it. Especially with Loomis AND Payton knowing about it.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #170 : March 04, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »

MrGruden

Second String

« #171 : March 04, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »

Awesome video.

Dirty Bastard deserved it. I have no remorse for that trash organization. I never usually wish any harm or injury on others but I won't feel bad if anyone on that team is carted off with major injuries. If I was a betting man I'd bet that anyone wearing a gold and black jersey is going to have a huge target on their back by everyone in the league. I hope they have extra ambulances ready next season.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

« #172 : March 04, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »

If they get nailed for this I say "horay!"  It couldn't happen to a better organization.  It kinda makes Payton's squealing about the splint on Freeman's hand look a little pathetic, doesn't it?

I've never liked that dude- he looks like a creepy cross dresser to me.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #173 : March 04, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »

And now it's not just the Skins that are also being looked at, the Bills have been dumped in the mix too.
Comments from 4 ex Bills players under Williams when he was head coach have said it went on there too.
Coy Wire is one of the guys and he's the defender that ended Lions RBs James Stewarts career.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8275de8b/article/williams-reportedly-also-ran-bounty-system-as-bills-head-coach?module=HP11_headline_stack
Williams needs to be suspended indefinitely, that's been done to players for action outside the workplace so this should be a no brainer.

Jeff Fisher as the guy who originally gave Williams a coordinator position also needs to be looked at IMO, if this was going on with the Saints, Skins & Bills you can bet your bottom dollar it was going on in Tennessee.
Just think, it's not just Williams who was DC under Fisher that has an "iify" past, Jim Schwartz was DC when Haynesworth stomped a guy (Now Suh does it too!), it's like Fisher encourages dirty play from his defensive side of the team.
Which coaching tree does Fisher come from? Buddy Ryan who had allegations of running a "bounty system" targeting players like Troy Aikman when Fisher was his DC.

Apparently, saint Dungy said he kew they had a system like this in Tennessee.  Seems he was too busy polishing his halo to do anything about it though.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #174 : March 04, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »

Dirty Bastard deserved it. I have no remorse.

Had it been Gregg Williams, I would agree.    But it wasn't.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #175 : March 04, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »

Good point! I remember when Buddy's Bounter Hunters took out the Dallas kicker. This stuff is nothing new but obviously time have changed while some coaches haven't.

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #176 : March 04, 2012, 09:30:31 PM »

Williams need to be expelled from the league if this is true and the Saints should face huge penalties. I couldn't give a rats asks about money, the billionaire owner can handle that crap, let's see them lose multiple first round and other draft picks. And make their guys play without pads for two years. Yeah that sounds about right.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #177 : March 04, 2012, 09:33:07 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/04/report-league-brings-gregg-williams-to-new-york/

Usually, players pay visits to the proverbial principal’s office.  On Monday, Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will make the trek to Manhattan for a meeting with league officials regarding his use of a bounty system in at least one — and reportedly more — NFL cities.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Williams will meet with NFL security officials Jeff Miller and Joe Hummel “for another round of dialogue.”  Williams also may meet with Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Based on the text of the league’s release from Friday regarding the discovery of a bounty program that Williams administered in New Orleans, it’s more than reasonable to conclude that Williams has met with league officials at least twice before.  On at least one occasion, WIlliams — and other coaches and players — said they know nothing about players being paid extra for turnovers and/or kill shots.  On at least one other occasion, Williams came clean.

So why has Williams been summoned to New York on the first business day after the situation publicly came to light?  It probably has something to do with reports that Williams ran a bounty program when serving as the defensive coordinator in Washington and as the head coach in Buffalo.  If, as NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Todd Graham of the Buffalo News, the league is not aware of bounty systems in other cities, it means that the league either didn’t ask Williams about it, or that Williams didn’t tell.

And if Williams specifically was asked but failed to tell, he undoubtedly faces an extra level of consequences, up to and including banishment from the league.

Surely, Miller and Hummel at some point asked Williams regarding the bounty program in New Orleans, “Is this the extent of it?”  Apparently, Williams said yes.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #178 : March 04, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »

Williams need to be expelled from the league if this is true and the Saints should face huge penalties. I couldn't give a rats asks about money, the billionaire owner can handle that crap, let's see them lose multiple first round and other draft picks. And make their guys play without pads for two years. Yeah that sounds about right.
And they should have gregg Williams line up at a punt returner with no fair catch rule for a full season

MrGruden

Second String

« #179 : March 04, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »

And they should have gregg Williams line up at a punt returner with no fair catch rule for a full season

They should restrict all saints players from wearing helmets for the whole 2012 season.
  Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints under investigation for headhunting « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools