Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: it's a domino effect « previous next »
Page: 1 2

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: March 02, 2012, 06:45:46 PM

#1 if Payton Manning re-signs with the Colts then that would throw all the teams who need a QB into a panic frenzy which then it'll help us trade out of the 5th spot..boy would i love that...
#2 if Brees doesn't sign the contract extension then they would most definitely tag him ...which means that Nicks wont get tagged and would be free for us to sweet him up with a mega deal...if Brees gets his contract then we have to say Goodbye to Mr.Nicks
Let's hope these things pan out in our favor..go bucs!!!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 02, 2012, 06:48:24 PM

If they sign Brees will the definitley tag Nicks over Colston?

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 02, 2012, 06:50:41 PM

If they sign Brees will the definitley tag Nicks over Colston?

yea Nicks is their next priority following Brees ..no question..Colston will hit the market

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 02, 2012, 07:03:29 PM

Pretty sure Colston is a priority over Nicks.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 02, 2012, 07:08:43 PM

There's some speculatyion that the league will take away Saints franchise tag for 2012.  That would mean Brees, Nicks & Colston ALL hit free agency not to mention several others.....That would be rather cool.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 02, 2012, 07:13:47 PM

You want to see dominos effect?  Wait til this Saints Pay to Injure crap really comes loose. Watch how many guys are implied...

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 02, 2012, 07:15:25 PM

im pretty sure he's not...Nicks is a probowl Guard..not just a decent OL..Colston is a product of Brees im sure they rather have their probowl guard over a solid WR that they have a bunch of them behind Colston

Ron Swanson

Starter

#7 : March 02, 2012, 07:21:24 PM

You want to see dominos effect?  Wait til this Saints Pay to Injure crap really comes loose. Watch how many guys are implied...

that's what i'm interested to see. I'm hoping Drew Brees isnt a part of it, even though I hate playing against him, I've always seen him as a pretty stand up guy, and applauded him as a person.

if they take away the franchise tag, and Colston, Nicks, and Brees ALL hit FA, that would be crazy, and I'm not too sure Brees would resign with them if the organization is looking to be in shambles.

can you imagine no Brees, no Meachem, no Colston, no Nicks, no first pick this year, maybe no second, no first round pick next year... :o talk about devastating to a franchise!!

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 02, 2012, 07:25:44 PM

I am sure most of the team was aware. I also think the Aints aren't the only team guilty of this. Surprised how much evidence they acquired to bust the story sooo open...makes me wonder who the snitch is.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 02, 2012, 07:28:16 PM

im pretty sure he's not...Nicks is a probowl Guard..not just a decent OL..Colston is a product of Brees im sure they rather have their probowl guard over a solid WR that they have a bunch of them behind Colston

Nicks is has way more value when you compare the two in the free agent market but I actually think Brees values Colston more. He and Colston have great chemistry, timing, and an understanding of each other, not to mention Colston is 6'4". Brees is so good  that he can afford to have a little less help on the line. He does such a great job at looking off safeties, using his peripheral vision to see his receivers, and getting rid of the ball fast. I think he can pruduce even without a good line and he's one of the only guys I would say that about. It's usually the opposite. Idk though Nicks is valuable on a broader scope so they may tag him..

One other cool thing about Brees. Anybody see him throw no look passes when he's at the goal line? I saw it last season, he's like freaking Steve Nash with a football.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 02, 2012, 08:18:42 PM

that's what i'm interested to see. I'm hoping Drew Brees isnt a part of it, even though I hate playing against him, I've always seen him as a pretty stand up guy, and applauded him as a person.

if they take away the franchise tag, and Colston, Nicks, and Brees ALL hit FA, that would be crazy, and I'm not too sure Brees would resign with them if the organization is looking to be in shambles.

can you imagine no Brees, no Meachem, no Colston, no Nicks, no first pick this year, maybe no second, no first round pick next year... :o talk about devastating to a franchise!!

fellas take easyy with this NO Brees ,Nicks and Colston ..lol by  the time they find out all the Details the NFL would long under way..so that means tha Bree hoping he gets tagged would be working out his contract ..Colston will probably be out by then and so would be Nicks ..but Brees ain't going nowhere fellas...now the draft picks for next year that could be big trouble for them ..which works out in our favor if they get screwed ..the domino effect continues...lol

Ron Swanson

Starter

#11 : March 02, 2012, 08:24:25 PM

fellas take easyy with this NO Brees ,Nicks and Colston ..lol by  the time they find out all the Details the NFL would long under way..so that means tha Bree hoping he gets tagged would be working out his contract ..Colston will probably be out by then and so would be Nicks ..but Brees ain't going nowhere fellas...now the draft picks for next year that could be big trouble for them ..which works out in our favor if they get screwed ..the domino effect continues...lol

but that's what I'm saying, they probably wont have Nicks or Colston back. and I saw something about possibly losing a franchise tag for this year. That means they'd have to pay Brees straight up, which is what they would do. But would Brees really want to come back if the team was down some key offensive cogs, and with a possible uncertain future for picks on the horizon?

Sure it's wild and speculative, but it isnt impossible. I'm sure Brees would be torn to stay in NO, but I'm sure he also wants to win. he is a competitor.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 02, 2012, 08:25:12 PM

Everyone is SOOO over-hyping Colston.  He is a pretty good receiver who is injured all the time and looked much better than he is because he has one of the best of all time throwing to him. The Saints know this better than anyone, and most other teams know it as well. For some reason fans and even most of the media are making him out to be this superstar who might get franchised? It is delusional. He is not even under consideration for being tagged, and not even a priority to resign.

Ron Swanson

Starter

#13 : March 02, 2012, 08:29:35 PM

Everyone is SOOO over-hyping Colston.  He is a pretty good receiver who is injured all the time and looked much better than he is because he has one of the best of all time throwing to him. The Saints know this better than anyone, and most other teams know it as well. For some reason fans and even most of the media are making him out to be this superstar who might get franchised? It is delusional. He is not even under consideration for being tagged, and not even a priority to resign.

i agree the media is over-hyping Colston, he is a good player, but a product of Drew Brees and a potent NO offense.

give some credit to possible franchising though, players who get Franchised dont have to be Superstars. Fred Davis is getting Franchised for Washington for example.

It's about locking up key personnel for teams. Why would the Saints want to try to find a good free agent WR or rookie, if they could just tag Colston? That's why people suggest it as a possibility.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 02, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

good points Champkidi also think that Colston is a bit overrated..without Brees  he would be an average WR with great size..lol
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: it's a domino effect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools