Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joshua Freeman QB1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: March 04, 2012, 12:09:58 AM

Joshua Freeman. Quarterback.

I hope last year didn't stunt him too badly. I hope he can work on his accuracy, his deep ball placement, and learns to make quick reads based on peripheral vision. I hope he STOPS throwing off of his back foot, and learns to take off when the time calls for it. I hope he is calling his coaches everyday and I hope they are getting the verbiage and concept down. I hope he is calling Benn and Williams and Parker and he hounds Dez into hanging out so they can fix things. I hope he plays the game smooth.

I hope.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 04, 2012, 12:12:21 AM

Right on, big year for the big fella,

: March 04, 2012, 12:16:19 AM The-anti-java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 04, 2012, 12:24:27 AM

So much hinges on QB1. So much. It is more important than who we sign in Free Agency. It looked like the Bucs had a Star. Bonafide playmaker that spread the ball all over the field to so many targets. He would take off on you. Just an awesome season. And then last year happened year 3, with experience. It was stunning to see such a stumble.

This season will determine the fate of Freeman IMO. And the Bucs future. If he tanks it means another rebuild IMO. Hard to find a good QB and the NFL is a QB driven league. Here we go fans. Let us see what happens. He has the ability. No excuses.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2012, 12:24:43 AM

I want to see that player from 2010 that had me so damn excited.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2012, 12:28:20 AM

With an off-season and OTA's our offense will have a lot better chemistry.  Freeman's even stated that he's taking it personal this year. New OC who will let him play to his strengths and an addition of a Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, or Justin Blackmon and it gives him even more tools in his arsenal, as well as making him a happier man.
: March 04, 2012, 12:32:58 AM freeman 5

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 04, 2012, 12:30:27 AM

I want to see that player from 2010 that had me so damn excited.
Jesus me too. I mean, it was such a good feeling seek g him play well. We had a bonafide star man\(^o^)/!

And now if he stinks it up, we will know he will be a middle of the road QB. Sad. Let's see what the young man is made if. Let's see if he can learn from his mistakes. Let's see if his fire is lit. Or was it put out already?

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 04, 2012, 12:34:48 AM

Freeman will put up a solid year, if we give him some weapons.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 04, 2012, 12:37:47 AM

Freeman was one of the few players who played crappy from week 1 through week 17. Some other guys collapsed, Freeman never found his rhythm. Hopefully he bounces back.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 04, 2012, 12:42:43 AM

Freeman was one of the few players who played crappy from week 1 through week 17. Some other guys collapsed, Freeman never found his rhythm. Hopefully he bounces back.
BucFan40 actually said something hopeful about Freeman, I'm shocked.  :D

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 04, 2012, 12:46:10 AM

A lot riding on this season IMO. A lot!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : March 04, 2012, 12:50:18 AM

Here are Freeman's weapons compared to Garcia's.   Looks to me like Freeman's weapons are superior.

Kellen Winslow       vs. Alex Smith
Mike Williams          vs. Antonio Bryant
Arrelius Benn           vs. Michael Clayton
LeGarrette Blount   vs. Earnest Graham      (Graham is still on the roster if Freeman wants to roll with him)

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 04, 2012, 12:56:21 AM

Here are Freeman's weapons compared to Garcia's.   Looks to me like Freeman's weapons are superior.

Kellen Winslow       vs. Alex Smith
Mike Williams          vs. Antonio Bryant
Arrelius Benn           vs. Michael Clayton
LeGarrette Blount   vs. Earnest Graham      (Graham is still on the roster if Freeman wants to roll with him)

Really? Going to present some Jeff Garcia love? Garcia only looked decent when Galloway was taiking his jump pitches all the way home. Give Freeman a guy like Galloway and see what happens.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#12 : March 04, 2012, 12:58:15 AM

Mike Williams was unbelievable his first year.   Better than Galloway when it comes to gooning a bad pass away from the defenders.   

I'm not presenting any Garcia love.   I'm just saying that Garcia was a better QB and he did more with less than Freeman and Freeman needs to step up.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 04, 2012, 01:00:34 AM

Galloway was a guy the Bucs could use right now. That type of guy who blows the top off the shell. But Free needs go hit his marks and make smarter reads, and do it quicker. He needs to be the comeback player of the year. Then he can start looking for MVPs. If he fails, it sets the team back quite a ways.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#14 : March 04, 2012, 01:48:35 AM

I may be optimistic in thinking he'll improve this next season for several reasons. 
1. An organized offseason can do nothing but help him and the WR's
2. I hope Sullivan will do a better job with preparation before games, and be more unpredictable with his playcalling.  How many times did the DB's look like they knew exactly what route the WR were running and where the ball was going?  I realize much of this falls on Freeman for not looking off defenders, but it sure seemed like they knew the playcalls better than our offense. 
3. I really think one of Coach Schiano's priorities will be to improve the run game.  I'd love to know the stats regarding how many 3rd and longs the Bucs faced as opposed to 3rd and 2.
4. The defense couldn't be much worse than it was last season.  Even if they go from 30th to low 20's, that would take a lot of pressure off of Freeman to force plays and come back from behind
5. Another priority of Coach Schiano's will be improving  discipline and decreasing penalties.  How many stupid penalties did the offense get that put Freeman in a horrible spot?

I'm not trying to give Freeman a pass, as he has a lot of work to do to improve his game.  I agree with the assessment that he needs to improve his accuracy, mechanics, and ability to make his reads quickly.  I'm just saying that there are a lot of other factors that, if corrected, could put Freeman in a better position to be successful.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joshua Freeman QB1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools