Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joshua Freeman QB1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucboi813

Starter

#15 : March 04, 2012, 05:20:01 AM

Forget freeman he could be a redskin very soon bring on rg3

Live free or die trying

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : March 04, 2012, 06:49:31 AM

Or Tebow.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#17 : March 04, 2012, 09:58:00 AM

Or Tebow.
Since Tebow won't make it through next season in Denver, we'll be able to get him next offseason...if we are in need of a backup H-back

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 04, 2012, 10:08:02 AM

I want to see that player from 2010 that had me so damn excited.

This is the worry.  What we saw from Freeman in 2011 are the things that we saw from him at Kansas State:  bad decisions and inaccurate passes.

The guy from 2010 has to reappear in order for the Buccaneers to be successful.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 04, 2012, 10:48:04 AM

Or Tebow.
Since Tebow won't make it through next season in Denver, we'll be able to get him next offseason...if we are in need of a backup H-back

Funny, people on here said that exact same thing prior to the 2011 season.   They also went on to guarantee that Freeman would make the playoffs before Tebow.     Many of them even said the Broncos were the worst team in the league and would end up with the first pick in the draft.   Yet, by the end of the season, Tebow had led the Broncos to the playoffs and Freeman had led the Bucs to their head coach being fired.

Havok904

Starter

#20 : March 04, 2012, 10:56:40 AM

Or Tebow.

Funny, people on here said that exact same thing prior to the 2011 season.   They also went on to guarantee that Freeman would make the playoffs before Tebow.     Many of them even said the Broncos were the worst team in the league and would end up with the first pick in the draft.   Yet, by the end of the season, Tebow had led the Broncos to the playoffs and Freeman had led the Bucs to their head coach being fired.

If Tebow appears anywhere else other than with the Donkeys, that would mean that he sucked there as a QB or sucked as a FB....

He may make a good arena guy if he could learn to throw an accurate spiral, but then again, passing isn't his strong point...

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 04, 2012, 10:56:42 AM

What the hell would Galloway do? Freeman's sideline deep ball is atrocious.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 04, 2012, 11:02:04 AM

They should make a new one of these with Freeman instead of Brunell.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2004/passingfancy.htm

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 04, 2012, 11:16:18 AM

I may be optimistic in thinking he'll improve this next season for several reasons. 
1. An organized offseason can do nothing but help him and the WR's
2. I hope Sullivan will do a better job with preparation before games, and be more unpredictable with his playcalling.  How many times did the DB's look like they knew exactly what route the WR were running and where the ball was going?  I realize much of this falls on Freeman for not looking off defenders, but it sure seemed like they knew the playcalls better than our offense. 
3. I really think one of Coach Schiano's priorities will be to improve the run game.  I'd love to know the stats regarding how many 3rd and longs the Bucs faced as opposed to 3rd and 2.
4. The defense couldn't be much worse than it was last season.  Even if they go from 30th to low 20's, that would take a lot of pressure off of Freeman to force plays and come back from behind
5. Another priority of Coach Schiano's will be improving  discipline and decreasing penalties.  How many stupid penalties did the offense get that put Freeman in a horrible spot?

I'm not trying to give Freeman a pass, as he has a lot of work to do to improve his game.  I agree with the assessment that he needs to improve his accuracy, mechanics, and ability to make his reads quickly.  I'm just saying that there are a lot of other factors that, if corrected, could put Freeman in a better position to be successful.

+1

nitey

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 04, 2012, 11:31:07 AM

I may be optimistic in thinking he'll improve this next season for several reasons. 
1. An organized offseason can do nothing but help him and the WR's
2. I hope Sullivan will do a better job with preparation before games, and be more unpredictable with his playcalling.  How many times did the DB's look like they knew exactly what route the WR were running and where the ball was going?  I realize much of this falls on Freeman for not looking off defenders, but it sure seemed like they knew the playcalls better than our offense. 
3. I really think one of Coach Schiano's priorities will be to improve the run game.  I'd love to know the stats regarding how many 3rd and longs the Bucs faced as opposed to 3rd and 2.
4. The defense couldn't be much worse than it was last season.  Even if they go from 30th to low 20's, that would take a lot of pressure off of Freeman to force plays and come back from behind
5. Another priority of Coach Schiano's will be improving  discipline and decreasing penalties.  How many stupid penalties did the offense get that put Freeman in a horrible spot?

I'm not trying to give Freeman a pass, as he has a lot of work to do to improve his game.  I agree with the assessment that he needs to improve his accuracy, mechanics, and ability to make his reads quickly.  I'm just saying that there are a lot of other factors that, if corrected, could put Freeman in a better position to be successful.

I very much agree with this.

The defense put the offense in a bad position time after time. Far too often, the offense was down by 7 points by the time they had their 2nd possession and I think Freeman felt the pressure to 'catch back up' and the defenses took advantage of his inexperience.

I thought there were times last season where Morris needed to step in and settle Freeman down when Freeman was pressing for plays, and he didn't do it. Somehow, I don't think that will happen this year. Part of that will be experience and part of that should be a coach that doesn't try to do everything.

I seriously suspect that Freeman's play will be among our least problems this year.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 04, 2012, 11:35:08 AM

They should make a new one of these with Freeman instead of Brunell.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2004/passingfancy.htm

If you sub in Brian Griese for Mark Brunell, that video is absolutely hilarious.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 04, 2012, 11:57:40 AM

Except that Griese was perhaps the most accurate QB the Bucs have ever had, so the video wouldn't make sense.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 04, 2012, 06:47:22 PM

Basically Freeman has to accept the massive pressure that is firmly on him, not play nervous or stupid, take what run lanes he can take, and improve upon his horrible ball placement. He needs to put the ball into a position where the receiver can generate YAC, I.e. in stride. His performance is the most important aspect of this franchises posterity.

bamabucs

Second String

#28 : March 04, 2012, 08:28:27 PM

Freeman will put up a solid year, if we give him some weapons.

Here are Freeman's weapons compared to Garcia's.   Looks to me like Freeman's weapons are superior.

Kellen Winslow       vs. Alex Smith
Mike Williams          vs. Antonio Bryant
Arrelius Benn           vs. Michael Clayton
LeGarrette Blount   vs. Earnest Graham      (Graham is still on the roster if Freeman wants to roll with him)

Really? Going to present some Jeff Garcia love? Garcia only looked decent when Galloway was taiking his jump pitches all the way home. Give Freeman a guy like Galloway and see what happens.

Garcia was a good QB for us, I do not see the reason to bash him for the sake of defending Freeman. Garcia was good btw without Galloway in 08, the old man did everything he could to put us in a position to win. The vikings game especially, he won it singlehandedly for us.

But now comparing Freeman and Garcia like that poster did is inappropriate. Garcia was a veteran while Freeman still learning. You could give all weapons in the world to Garcia and he still would not be able to elevate his play. Also our defense played better than mediocre when Garcia was here, which allowed him to play safe. Of course, he stepped his game up when the defense was in shambles like in december of 08, but that wasn't close to being enough.

Havok904

Starter

#29 : March 04, 2012, 09:08:42 PM

Basically Freeman has to accept the massive pressure that is firmly on him, not play nervous or stupid, take what run lanes he can take, and improve upon his horrible ball placement. He needs to put the ball into a position where the receiver can generate YAC, I.e. in stride. His performance is the most important aspect of this franchises posterity.

You're sprouting cliche's...

Some of the problems Freeman had last were self-inflicted, but most of those problems were cause by his supporting cast...

What "massive pressure" are you referring too?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joshua Freeman QB1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools