Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martellus Bennett tweeting about being a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 05, 2012, 12:57:20 AM »

ProFootballFocus has him as there #2 TE available in free agency.  Actually #1 now that Finley is staying in Green Bay.

2) Martellus Bennett, Dallas Cowboys

Age as of September 1st, 2012: 25

2011 Grade: +7.8 (+8.2 as a run blocker)

Key Stat: An athletic specimen, Bennett had just 144 receiving yards last season.

Behind the Numbers:  Martellus Bennett is a strange player, having become in the NFL almost a polar opposite of his pre-draft billing. A former Texas A&M basketball star, Bennett was seen as another in this new breed of athlete tight ends who could be a weapon in the pass game, but who would likely struggle as a blocker. For the Cowboys, operating behind Jason Witten, he has been a stud as a blocking tight end in their two-TE sets, but has struggled to make an impact as a receiver. In his four seasons in the league, he has just 85 career catches (Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham topped that this season alone, and Brandon Pettigrew came close with 83 catches in 2011). The athleticism is still there, and it is possible that stepping out from the shadow of one of the league’s best will allow him to grow in that regard going forward. The interesting thing about Bennett is that he blocks extremely well, which a rare commodity even for the top tight ends. He may be more attractive to teams that still like to establish the run game before they take to the air.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #16 : March 05, 2012, 12:57:51 AM »

Damn, he is only 24 years old. I would definitely bring him in. Not sure what he does as a blocker but I'm intrigued.

Det that is the thing right there he grades out as one of the better blocking TEs in the league and most are surprised by that because he has the athleticism to dominate as a receiving threat. He tweeted to Omar Kelly once he gets his shot the world will see!
Sign me up. He has better receiving potential than Stocker and offers the same capacity. Then we cut Winslow.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #17 : March 05, 2012, 01:02:56 AM »

https://twitter.com/Geraldini93/status/176546572945997824
@CurtisLofton50 and @superreg30 Come on down to Tampa so we can do it like we use to. Lets ride boys.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 05, 2012, 01:06:10 AM »

Reggie Smith at strong safety and Lofton in the middle. I love it.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #19 : March 05, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »

Last year Chaz was recruiting now I'm solo on my mission lmao! My military career ends 13 march and I plan on helping Dom and co full time via Twitter!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

geetech84

Starter

« #20 : March 05, 2012, 01:10:51 AM »

Damn, he is only 24 years old. I would definitely bring him in. Not sure what he does as a blocker but I'm intrigued.

Det that is the thing right there he grades out as one of the better blocking TEs in the league and most are surprised by that because he has the athleticism to dominate as a receiving threat. He tweeted to Omar Kelly once he gets his shot the world will see!
Sign me up. He has better receiving potential than Stocker and offers the same capacity. Then we cut Winslow.

How about trade K2? someone like the Eagles needs a TE..Even if we get a 6th or 7th, at least we get something for him

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 05, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »

That's fine too. Also, I just realized Dez Briscoe was tweeting Trent Richardson about his potential jersey #.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : March 05, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »

Eagles have Harbor and Celek. Giants more likely their TEs took abig hot in the SB injury wise. Bills could use him to IMO.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #23 : March 05, 2012, 01:18:31 AM »

That's fine too. Also, I just realized Dez Briscoe was tweeting Trent Richardson about his potential jersey #.

Saw that as well. If we add Martellus,Jackson and Richardson this offseason and maybe Evan Mathis this O could be Crazy and no excuses could be made for #5!

awitron

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 05, 2012, 01:23:22 AM »

Winslow is not going to be a Buc next year, I just can't see it. If he was really as big of a Raheem supporter as he spoke about being publicly, then he's only going to be detriment to the transition away from it. Not to mention the Bucs have already paid the guaranteed money in his contract(or the large majority of it) and hes due 8+ mil against the cap... oh and theres the fact that he is a terrible fit for a run first offense.

Bennett is exactly the type of free agent Dominik should be looking for. He has a very high ceiling and has his best football ahead of him. Would be an excellent signing.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 05, 2012, 02:04:38 AM »

Bennett could easily come here due to the fact that he provides a back up with really good potential in case the worst were to happen to Kellen. This whole thread has already got me excited with the Bennett and us being big bidders for VJ. I know some don't like Bob, but for the most part he tends to be a pretty good insider. My gut is telling me that if those are the three big bidders for VJ we'll get him, but Snyder won't make it easy.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #26 : March 05, 2012, 05:32:13 AM »

Last year Chaz was recruiting now I'm solo on my mission lmao! My military career ends 13 march and I plan on helping Dom and co full time via Twitter!

LMAO I like the way you think...If you need help, let me know :)

My twitter handle is @bizkitlimped

I don't use it very often, other than to check incarcerated bob's stuff...

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #27 : March 05, 2012, 06:00:55 AM »

Definitely very interesting to say the least about Trent Richardson tweeting Briscoe about his jersey number. He doesn't really tweet back to anybody ever on there he pretty much just always has his own statuses. I wouldn't say that this means there's already an agreement with the Bucs with the #5, but I do think Tampa is where he wants to end up.

If we add Trent Richardson, Carl Nicks, Martellus Bennett and Vincent Jackson to our offense....sweet Jesus. People besides Bucs fans would actually know our players names for the first time in like 8 years. I think the Glazers and Dominik realize how much of a make or break season this is for Freeman and will get him as many weapons as possible to make sure they know for sure if he's the guy or not. If we make those additions to our offense and he plays like 2011 again then it'll be time to start looking for a different option I think.
« : March 05, 2012, 06:05:51 AM ctrombetta »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 05, 2012, 07:54:39 AM »

He's an upgrade over Luke Stocker at this point... I'm all about letting potential develop , but Stocker looks slow and stiff to me - even the few times he's been healthy.  Still trying to figure out why we gave up two 4th rounders to get him.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 05, 2012, 07:58:44 AM »

Bennett has been a pretty big disappointment here. He's atheletic as all get out but is a no factor in the passing game - and no it isn't just that he's buried behind on of the GOAT he's had his own chances - but he is a fearsome run blocker. Since Rutgers wants to run a 1950's offense he'd be perfect.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martellus Bennett tweeting about being a Buc « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools