Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Minimum Amount of Compensation for #5 Pick in Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

watson

Hall of Famer
: March 05, 2012, 09:25:31 AM

Sitting at #5, the Bucs may be in a position to deal their draft choice to other teams.  Since most draft experts believe that Luck, RGIII and Kalil  will be off the board for sure before the Bucs pick, and there is a good chance that Claiborne is also gone, it would be seem to be a good move for the Bucs to trade their choice for additional picks.  What is the minimum amount of picks and in which rounds does everyone think would make this the right move for the Bucs?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 05, 2012, 09:37:14 AM

1st, 2nd, possibly 3rd depending on how high the 1st is.  Or the Bucs can trade their 1st and 2nd for a team with two 1sts and their 2nd rounder.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 05, 2012, 09:45:53 AM

if we trade back and still stay in the top 10 i'd be fine with a 2nd.  any lower though and I'd want an additional 3rd.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 05, 2012, 09:49:32 AM

but if we traded with say Washington who were targeting Tannenhill and could still get the guy we wanted at #6 even recouping our 4th would be worth it.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 05, 2012, 10:12:26 AM

If we find a way to trade back I'll eat my socks.....and post photos....

Outside the top 3 I don't see anyone worth what it would take to trade up for. Tannehill, Blackmon, Claiborne, Richardson....none of them are worth multiple picks...

smithcar

Starter

#5 : March 05, 2012, 10:13:10 AM

it is very unlikely we will get great trade offers for the 5th pick, both QB's will be gone and other QB needy teams will have signed one in FA.  The only way I see us trading the pick is if the two players we really want go 3 and 4 which is unlikely.  The 5th pick this year isn't going to garner much interest unless something crazy happens on draft day, and it might this year with the rookie wage scale in place.  We can use some additional picks but I think we would be lucky to get much more than the teams 1st and 2nd unless they are at the bottom of the round or don't have a 1st round pick then things could get dicey.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 05, 2012, 10:19:20 AM

If we find a way to trade back I'll eat my socks.....and post photos....

Outside the top 3 I don't see anyone worth what it would take to trade up for. Tannehill, Blackmon, Claiborne, Richardson....none of them are worth multiple picks...
You've been bookmarked.

Ju1ce

Starter

#7 : March 05, 2012, 10:25:23 AM

This guy...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 05, 2012, 11:05:05 AM

The Chargers got a kings ransom for moving back ONE spot years ago in that Ryan Leaf deal.  IIRC it was three or four picks.

magicbuc

Second String
#9 : March 05, 2012, 11:32:26 AM

way too many variables in your question.  I like the trade value chart to try to figure out what additional picks the Bucs could get for the #5 pick.  It is all dependent on which team is moving up to that spot.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

acacius

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 05, 2012, 11:45:52 AM

The Chargers got a kings ransom for moving back ONE spot years ago in that Ryan Leaf deal.  IIRC it was three or four picks.
That was a pretty hugely different situation.  The Julius Jones trade seems like a better one to look at if we're going to fantasize about the team pulling off a big trade.

CJBROOKS09

Second String
#11 : March 05, 2012, 12:02:06 PM

The other team's 1  and 3 this year and a 2 next year.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 05, 2012, 12:07:15 PM

For a  #5 pick. The other teams first and second.

Or that team's next year first and this year second.

britbuc14

Starter

#13 : March 05, 2012, 02:45:37 PM

This guy...

i never agreed with the decision to allow X-Men to play football

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 05, 2012, 03:17:13 PM

.......  Or the Bucs can trade their 1st and 2nd for a team with two 1sts and their 2nd rounder....

yeah...which team of crackheads would agree to that?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Minimum Amount of Compensation for #5 Pick in Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools