Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finnegan seeking 10 mil per « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : March 06, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »

The Titans will not offer free agent Cortland Finnegan a contract before the start of free agency.

The team recently informed Finnegan of its decision. "It is bittersweet," Finnegan said. "For six years I played in the Titans organization. But they wanted to move on ... I don’t know why, and I don’t know what else a guy could do career-wise and in the community. But that’s part of the business, and you have to move on." The "why" is because the Titans have depth at corner, and are unwilling to pay Finnegan the $10 million per season he is reportedly seeking. NBC Sports' Gregg Rosenthal reported Monday the Vikings, Bears, Bucs, and Cowboys are all expected to be in the mix for Finnegan.

Source: Nashville Tennessean Mar 6 - 10:02 AM

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 06, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »

Buccaneers seeking less

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 06, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »

See, Glazerhousers aren't spending money on these guys - as usual.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 06, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »

He's worth that. The question is, will we pay it, and even if we do, is he willing to sign with a team that's rebuilding. He is 28 years old, after all.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 06, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »

guy has character issues - do we even want him?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 06, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »

Yes.

bamabucs

Starter

« #6 : March 06, 2012, 10:53:37 AM »

I would really like to know what those character issues are. I am quite sure I will never see a reply to this.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 06, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »

Quote from: bamabucs
I would really like to know what those character issues are. I am quite sure I will never see a reply to this.

I don't know much about him beyond some on-field discipline issues. My thoughts are that this is what Morgan was eluding to.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 06, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »

Finnegan is really a punk on the field. Off the field on the other hand I cant recall reading anything bad about him.

I would be excited if we signed Finnegan but Carr is my first choice of the free agent cornerbacks.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

« #9 : March 06, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »

If Dom could some how land both Finnegan and Carr in FA, that would be amazing on his part.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

TSKAD72

Starter
« #10 : March 06, 2012, 11:24:36 AM »

That's just flat out incorrect. Finnegan is a model teammate and is active in the community. He talks a lot of junk on the field, trying to get in his opposition's head. That's his game. He's not a problem in the locker room, is a very coachable player (according to Jeff Fisher), and, something that may stand out the most in this day and age, he actually played hard in his final contract year and didn't spend the whole year whining about his contract or acting out. He kept his mouth shut and played. No arrests, no off the field problems, nothing of the sort.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 06, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »

Finnegan's (according to him) antics have supposedly calmed down since the birth of his child.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 06, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »

If Dom could some how land both Finnegan and Carr in FA, that would be amazing on his part.

Whoa lets start slow now. Lets see if he can sign one of them. Or if we really want to take baby steps here lets see if he can sign any free agent.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

« #13 : March 06, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »

Whoa lets start slow now. Lets see if he can sign one of them. Or if we really want to take baby steps here lets see if he can sign any free agent.

Lol.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

bucs449

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 06, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »

Give me Carr over Finnegan!!!! Carr is one of the best, most underrated corners in the league!!!!
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finnegan seeking 10 mil per « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools