Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finnegan seeking 10 mil per « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Genesis8510

Starter
« #30 : March 06, 2012, 12:34:27 PM »

10 million?? thats it! Sold! Instant credibility in the back end.

TowMater69

Second String

« #31 : March 06, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »

Asomugha signed a 5 year/$60 million ($25M signing bonus) contract last year.  Jonathan Joseph was 5/$48 ($12.5 s.b.) so it looks like Carr and/or Finnegan are in the Joseph range. . .

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #32 : March 06, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

10 million per year? No problem

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 06, 2012, 03:00:16 PM »

IMO, Carr is better than Finnegan but in reality they are two different types of CB's with two different playing styles.

The real question is, would you rather pay a 28 yr old Finnegan 10 mil a year or trade a 2nd (hopefully more like our 3rd) to the Eagles and pay Jackson that kind of money. We can still draft Claiborne if available and even still look at Carr. Jackson is younger and a better and more versatile player at his position.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 06, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »

Carr is worth it. Not Finnegan.

bamabucs

Second String

« #35 : March 06, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »

Finnegan is clearly the better all around corner. Anyone that gets to watch Titans football as much as I do knows how well he also does against the run. Also 28 is not old for CBs people. Finnegan easily has good 4 years left in his tank.

bamabucs

Second String

« #36 : March 06, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »

Carr is worth it. Not Finnegan.

And why would that be? Coverage wise both are solid, but Finnegan brings some attitude to our defense. Also he is a vocal leader unlike Carr.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #37 : March 06, 2012, 03:19:45 PM »

Cowboys will bid , but they are in love with Carr. I could see us coming out on top in this bidding war. The question is will we do what is necessary?

would that give big contracts to newman, jenkins, and carr/finnegan?

I thought the Cowboys were cutting Newman? and I really don't see the Cowboys having the cap room to outbid us if we really want Carr.

Now that they have tagged Spencer..they have very little $ to work with and they probably will work out a deal with Robinson before next week. Dallas is goin to have to do a lot of cutting or restructuring to even want to compete for one big FA...they also have very little depth behind their starters and will still need some $ sign their draft picks...Tha' Boys most likely wont run after any big names...that my prediction.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 06, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »

Cowboys will bid , but they are in love with Carr. I could see us coming out on top in this bidding war. The question is will we do what is necessary?

would that give big contracts to newman, jenkins, and carr/finnegan?

I thought the Cowboys were cutting Newman? and I really don't see the Cowboys having the cap room to outbid us if we really want Carr.

Now that they have tagged Spencer..they have very little $ to work with and they probably will work out a deal with Robinson before next week. Dallas is goin to have to do a lot of cutting or restructuring to even want to compete for one big FA...they also have very little depth behind their starters and will still need some $ sign their draft picks...Tha' Boys most likely wont run after any big names...that my prediction.
I have to say I agree. Unless they make some space by releasing someone.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #39 : March 06, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »

They can release Newman and gain $6 million quick.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 06, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »

The Titans will not offer free agent Cortland Finnegan a contract before the start of free agency.

The team recently informed Finnegan of its decision. "It is bittersweet," Finnegan said. "For six years I played in the Titans organization. But they wanted to move on ... I don’t know why, and I don’t know what else a guy could do career-wise and in the community. But that’s part of the business, and you have to move on." The "why" is because the Titans have depth at corner, and are unwilling to pay Finnegan the $10 million per season he is reportedly seeking. NBC Sports' Gregg Rosenthal reported Monday the Vikings, Bears, Bucs, and Cowboys are all expected to be in the mix for Finnegan.

Source: Nashville Tennessean Mar 6 - 10:02 AM

Done. Sign here Mr. FInnegan...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #41 : March 06, 2012, 04:47:04 PM »

guy has character issues - do we even want him?

I would really like to know what those character issues are. I am quite sure I will never see a reply to this.

Quite sure, huh?
Dirty player. We've already got Talib.
Fines and suspensions=character issues.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/528985-cortland-finnegan-the-20-dirtiest-players-in-sports-today

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #42 : March 06, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »

Finnegan is a walking sack of crap mouth. He got his Dre Beatz.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 06, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »

morgan - did you take a look at the list of players that gabe sandilivar put up?  i would take most all of them.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #44 : March 06, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »

No way would I give up a draft pick this year for any player.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finnegan seeking 10 mil per « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools