Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN Sports Science: Trent Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 06, 2012, 03:08:22 PM

Richardson is a bigger version of Walter Peyton with his versatility and attitude.  Not quite a fast a Walter.   Perfect fit for the Bucs. IMO
Huge praise there but I think he is destined to be a top 3 back in this league.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 06, 2012, 03:17:49 PM

I don't see how anyone could be upset with us picking Richardson at 5. The more I see of him, the more I warm up to it. Plus, look at his highlights and look at the Bucs last year. We would set a record for missed tackles in a game playing against him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 06, 2012, 03:20:00 PM

I saw this when it aired and noticed how compact and knotted he looked. Just a different sort of "look". Real mean looking. Buying into his hype means you have to compare him to Adrian Peterson. And with him having to theoretically split carries with Blount...be fun to have that problem. Guy is going to be good.

But Claiborne has to be the guy. Unless Free Agency is kind, Claiborne is needed. But the Bucs land Finnegan, and Richardson becomes a 20 percenter. At that point you think long and hard about Trent. You have wiggle room with Carr or Finnegan.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 06, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

I saw this when it aired and noticed how compact and knotted he looked. Just a different sort of "look". Real mean looking. Buying into his hype means you have to compare him to Adrian Peterson. And with him having to theoretically split carries with Blount...be fun to have that problem. Guy is going to be good.

But Claiborne has to be the guy. Unless Free Agency is kind, Claiborne is needed. But the Bucs land Finnegan, and Richardson becomes a 20 percenter. At that point you think long and hard about Trent. You have wiggle room with Carr or Finnegan.

Pick up Carr/FInnegan, draft Richardson (or maybe trade down and still draft Richardson), use a 2nd rounder on the kid from UCF if he's still there. That's not a bad deal.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 06, 2012, 03:46:35 PM

Only burger I have with Trent is the lackluster play of the entire offensive line, and he needs a better FB. Oh yeah, the knee surgery no matter how minor is a surprise. A nasty one.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 06, 2012, 04:01:32 PM

I remember the days Carolina was running all over people. Imo, having him and Blount would be scary for defenses. I could care less if we ran every down, just so long as the chains keep moving. Not to mention, it would be nice to have a little bit of depth. Afterall, a sound running game and a stout defense helps greatly in winning in PO or SB's. At the very least, they would have the running game locked up (like they (Schiano) wants).
Carolina ran all over the Bucs and other bad teams in the regular season. When they played against a good team in the playoffs with a good passing attack, Arizona, they got behind early, only ran 15 times, and lost by 20 points.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 06, 2012, 05:18:33 PM

I remember the days Carolina was running all over people. Imo, having him and Blount would be scary for defenses. I could care less if we ran every down, just so long as the chains keep moving. Not to mention, it would be nice to have a little bit of depth. Afterall, a sound running game and a stout defense helps greatly in winning in PO or SB's. At the very least, they would have the running game locked up (like they (Schiano) wants).
Carolina ran all over the Bucs and other bad teams in the regular season. When they played against a good team in the playoffs with a good passing attack, Arizona, they got behind early, only ran 15 times, and lost by 20 points.
Delhomme sucked so they had no chance. He turned the ball over like 5 times that game.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 06, 2012, 05:22:16 PM

Delhomme sucked so they had no chance. He turned the ball over like 5 times that game.

If that team had a decent QB, they might have been unstoppable.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 06, 2012, 05:23:47 PM

And the Bucs turned the ball over more than any team in the NFL last season lead by a QB who had the second most INT's, so I'm not seeing how that helps your argument.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#24 : March 06, 2012, 05:27:44 PM

What I'm about to say is no way a knock on Richardson

But that was one of the least impressive Sport Sciences I've seen

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#25 : March 06, 2012, 05:31:09 PM

And the Bucs turned the ball over more than any team in the NFL last season lead by a QB who had the second most INT's, so I'm not seeing how that helps your argument.
Partly because our run game was ineffective and underutilized.  I'm not saying that we have to take TR at #5, but we do have to find a way to improve the run game and help Freeman out.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 06, 2012, 05:32:24 PM

When you look up the words  Pro Back someone with his size speed vision and just "IT" factor pops up

He isnt a Cadillac Williams or a Marshawn Lynch that had hype but never really deserved a first round score....he is more in the league of Tomlinson and Peterson in just flat out skills and ability

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 06, 2012, 05:33:37 PM

Better than Ingram...and he was better than Ingram when Ingram was the Heisman trophy winner

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 06, 2012, 05:34:13 PM

1. There was no argument, just stating the obvious. Delhomme is horrible.
2. Your comparing a veteran QB to a now 3 year starter(stretch) considering we haven't seen enough of what type of QB he is.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 06, 2012, 05:34:26 PM

I keep throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN Sports Science: Trent Richardson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools