Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN Sports Science: Trent Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 06, 2012, 05:36:14 PM

And the Bucs turned the ball over more than any team in the NFL last season lead by a QB who had the second most INT's, so I'm not seeing how that helps your argument.

and freeman had the least amount of INT's the year before...so what gives?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#31 : March 06, 2012, 05:40:03 PM

I saw this when it aired and noticed how compact and knotted he looked. Just a different sort of "look". Real mean looking. Buying into his hype means you have to compare him to Adrian Peterson. And with him having to theoretically split carries with Blount...be fun to have that problem. Guy is going to be good.

But Claiborne has to be the guy. Unless Free Agency is kind, Claiborne is needed. But the Bucs land Finnegan, and Richardson becomes a 20 percenter. At that point you think long and hard about Trent. You have wiggle room with Carr or Finnegan.

Wont be disappointed with Claiborne if he is the guy....or Blackmon. First year honestly where I dont see us looking at any bums for the pick....Richardson/Claiborne/Blackmon will all be top notch guys at the next level

However in terms of a DB I think the class is pretty deep...while I dont think you will find a Claiborne type in the second round...I dont think you find a Richardson either...however I think if Alfonzo Dennard or Alshon Jeffery falls to the second which is a great possibility we would be able to justify picking up Richardson @5 then taking either one of those two cats and still fill  a hole with a quality player

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 06, 2012, 05:42:44 PM

And the Bucs turned the ball over more than any team in the NFL last season lead by a QB who had the second most INT's, so I'm not seeing how that helps your argument.

NFL = what have you done for me lately?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#33 : March 06, 2012, 05:43:42 PM

Imho, we are far more deficient at WR than we are at RB.  Given the choice between Blackmon and Richardson, I would choose Blackmon for this team at this time.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 06, 2012, 05:51:31 PM

Also, Carolina had the #18 total defense that year, which contributed to giving up 27 points to the Cardinals in the first half of that game and only being able to run the ball 15 times. Until the Bucs can fix the #30 total defense, they're not going to have many opportunities to run the ball.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 06, 2012, 05:54:18 PM

no sense to me debating 2012 when only considering what happened in 2011.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 06, 2012, 06:00:55 PM

no sense to me debating 2012 when only considering what happened in 2011.
The jury is still out on Freeman, but you certainly can't debate the Bucs defense has been horrible for a number of years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 06, 2012, 06:03:17 PM

you can debate our schedule, but in 2010 the Bucs were top 15 in total defense and top 10 in points allowed.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 06, 2012, 06:13:43 PM

you can debate our schedule, but in 2010 the Bucs were top 15 in total defense and top 10 in points allowed.
When you finish with those numbers while being #28 against the run and #30 in sacks, are you more inclined to think it was luck or skill?

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 06, 2012, 06:36:02 PM

How does this help us? Carolina has two great backs and they still suck. The NFL's leading rusher was on a bottom seven team. What exactly happend to Duckett and Dunn the year that Vick got hurt?

Listen, if we were one piece away or didn't already have one of the best backs in the NFL (contrary to our previous coaching staff's believes, Blount is just that), I'd be fine with this pick. But picking Richardson maybe makes us a 6 win team instead of a 4 win team.

I mean, what game this year does having Richardson win? I just don't see it. He and Blount are both physical runners who are unstoppable at the second level.

I have come around more to the idea of him being a great player, but can't fathom why this pick makes sense for us.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 06, 2012, 06:36:42 PM

i really dont know.  i think it was a combination of having some young talent who believed in what they were doing...against an easier schedule.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 06, 2012, 06:46:38 PM

Imho, we are far more deficient at WR than we are at RB.  Given the choice between Blackmon and Richardson, I would choose Blackmon for this team at this time.
Seriously?  Blount and...

gone

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 06, 2012, 06:48:01 PM

I keep throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening.

You're doing it wrong.  Get a roll of quarters and throw it REALLY hard.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#43 : March 06, 2012, 06:55:03 PM

i really dont know.  i think it was a combination of having some young talent who believed in what they were doing...against an easier schedule.
that plus one of the hardest schedules this year

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 06, 2012, 06:57:09 PM

Richardson is a bigger version of Walter Peyton with his versatility and attitude.  Not quite a fast a Walter.   Perfect fit for the Bucs. IMO
Huge praise there but I think he is destined to be a top 3 back in this league.
For about 4 years and then he is done.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN Sports Science: Trent Richardson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools