Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Peyton Manning Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 06, 2012, 07:02:36 PM

Manning to Arizona.

jlr0714

Starter
#16 : March 06, 2012, 07:04:54 PM

Peyton is all about winning...so the 49er idea makes good sense.  While Alex Smith had a good year (and a dream game against the Saints), imagine that team with Peyton at the helm.   The Jets will want him, but I can't see him playing in the same city with Eli, nor for Ryan.   The Skins, Dolphins and Chiefs are all more than just a QB away.   Peyton has to know he only has a couple years at best...he's going to want to have a shot at the Lombardi.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 06, 2012, 07:05:13 PM

Let the circus begin. I hope the Jets get him and then he can't play. LOL.  :o

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : March 06, 2012, 07:07:31 PM

Is it smart to cut arguably the best QB ever for an unproven rookie ?? I don't care how good most people think Luck is SUPPOSED to be , this is a pretty ballsy move.

It is when his ability to come back from spine surgery comes into question - especially with a $28 mil payday.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 06, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Peyton is all about winning...so the 49er idea makes good sense.  While Alex Smith had a good year (and a dream game against the Saints), imagine that team with Peyton at the helm.   The Jets will want him, but I can't see him playing in the same city with Eli, nor for Ryan.   The Skins, Dolphins and Chiefs are all more than just a QB away.   Peyton has to know he only has a couple years at best...he's going to want to have a shot at the Lombardi.
Soon as I heard the drama regarding the release of Manning, the 9ers popped right into my head. It is his BEST chance. Great defense. Amazing TE. Decent receiving group. Stud Oline. Reliable run attack. All they need is precision that Peyton would bring. Peyton and Harbaugh is a match made in heaven.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 06, 2012, 07:20:19 PM

That's my guess to.

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 06, 2012, 07:22:02 PM

Jets makes a lot of sense, Sanchez has cost them a couple pf good chances.  My dark horse is Denver.  Elway is looking for someone other thanTebow, and Peyton might be the only excuse he could get, and having Timmy learn behind him could give them time to either actually teach him how to complete a forward pass or declare him unteachable.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 06, 2012, 07:24:31 PM

If Luck falls short of any expectations and Manning plays well after all, the Colts will be looking like damn fools. :P

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 06, 2012, 07:24:36 PM

A HEALTHY Peyton is all about winning...so the 49er idea makes good sense SO LONG AS HE IS HEALTHY.  While Alex Smith had a good year (and a dream game against the Saints), imagine that team with A HEALTHY Peyton at the helm.   The Jets will want him, but I can't see him playing in the same city with Eli, nor for Ryan.   The Skins, Dolphins and Chiefs are all more than just a QB away.   Peyton has to know he only has a couple years at best...he's going to want to have a shot at the Lombardi.

Left part of the equation out ^^^^^  One could even add to that healthy at the begining of the season.  I don't see the 9ers displacing Smith.  What would they do, sit him for a year or two and then say, "okay, he's gone now."

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 06, 2012, 07:31:38 PM

A HEALTHY Peyton is all about winning...so the 49er idea makes good sense SO LONG AS HE IS HEALTHY.  While Alex Smith had a good year (and a dream game against the Saints), imagine that team with A HEALTHY Peyton at the helm.   The Jets will want him, but I can't see him playing in the same city with Eli, nor for Ryan.   The Skins, Dolphins and Chiefs are all more than just a QB away.   Peyton has to know he only has a couple years at best...he's going to want to have a shot at the Lombardi.

Left part of the equation out ^^^^^  One could even add to that healthy at the begining of the season.  I don't see the 9ers displacing Smith.  What would they do, sit him for a year or two and then say, "okay, he's gone now."
They would have mercifully ended their fans displeasure of the Ongoing Smith Experiment. They would EMBRACE Manning. And they would let Colin Kapernick (sp) study under PM for a few seasons.

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 06, 2012, 07:34:49 PM

I agree Manning to the 49ers makes the most sense.

#Mikey2Quarters

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 06, 2012, 07:46:07 PM

Chiefs have a legit starting QB last season they win the division by 3 games.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 06, 2012, 07:46:44 PM

I agree Manning to the 49ers makes the most sense.

Not really . ALex SMith had a great season , the 49ers are believers in him now.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 06, 2012, 07:49:25 PM

The big if is - Is Peyton healthy?  If not, no one is buying.  If so, surely the niners, and several other teams are going to be interested. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

freddy

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 06, 2012, 07:52:14 PM

I agree with Manning to Arizona
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Peyton Manning Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools