Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers | LeGarrette Blount receives tender offer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

derekmitchellmay

Second String

: March 07, 2012, 06:03:57 PM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have tendered a contract to exclusive rights free-agent RB LeGarrette Blount. The tender is a one-year offer worth $540,000.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1oTV4x5KH

An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience. If his former club makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit.

He is either not part of "the plan" or he is going to have to play his ass off to get a contract.

Either way we'll know where he fits in the puzzles this year.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 07, 2012, 06:10:13 PM

Whoa....this is kinda interesting....not that he should've garnered Arian Foster money but I expected a little better than that....tells me they're not yet sold on him.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 07, 2012, 06:12:06 PM

they're not going to pay him any more than they have to at this point.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 07, 2012, 06:13:35 PM

but what if he decides not to sign it?  Can he force the Buc's hand or is he expendable?

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 07, 2012, 06:14:02 PM

Wait a second our ALL WORLD RB isn't getting paid like one?  Must be olsen's fault!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 07, 2012, 06:18:16 PM

when does he have to make a decision by?  if he waits until the draft he might force the Bucs to take a RB high.  If we don't really address the position and then he refuses it we are screwed.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 07, 2012, 06:19:25 PM

If his receiving and blitz pickups don't improve this season, I imagine it will be his last in a Bucs uniform.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 07, 2012, 06:19:55 PM

Whoa....this is kinda interesting....not that he should've garnered Arian Foster money but I expected a little better than that....tells me they're not yet sold on him.
It tells me that this is a business and you don't pay an employee anymore than you have to when you have all the leverage.

Just another everyday type of move.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 07, 2012, 06:22:39 PM

when does he have to make a decision by?  if he waits until the draft he might force the Bucs to take a RB high.  If we don't really address the position and then he refuses it we are screwed.
Then he won't be able to play in the NFL.

If he sits out it doesn't do anything, he doesn't gain another year of service, which would intern make him an EFA again.

He has absolutely no leverage.

Whether he signs or not we will be adding another RB to the stable.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#9 : March 07, 2012, 06:24:38 PM

Wait a second our ALL WORLD RB isn't getting paid like one?  Must be olsen's fault!

Look, its undeniable that the guy came in, and during his first 10 weeks of starting in the NFL he was the most productive running back in the league...

The guy has skill - sure some fans reach for hyperbole when describing him, but c'mon... you have eyes, you've seen his runs...

snicker24

Starter
#10 : March 07, 2012, 06:27:09 PM

If true this is rather shocking. Dominik tends to overspend and he freaking gave Tanard a contract extension and pay raise one game after returning from suspension. Its looking like the Bucs will be taking a running back in the first three rounds given this demonstration of minimal support.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 07, 2012, 06:28:29 PM

Look, its undeniable that the guy came in, and during his first 10 weeks of starting in the NFL he was the most productive running back in the league...

The guy has skill - sure some fans reach for hyperbole when describing him, but c'mon... you have eyes, you've seen his runs...
I've seen his HIGHLIGHTS and yes they are impressive runs but the guy lacks effort/poor work ethic, dances in the holes, lacks vision, no homerun threat, can't catch, can't block, and FUMBLES the ball!!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 07, 2012, 06:30:31 PM

If he sits out it doesn't do anything, he doesn't gain another year of service, which would intern make him an EFA again.

but what if its a 3rd down back unable to carry the load or some late round pick?  without any kind of running game this team would be in serious trouble.  People will get fired.  He might not have great leverage but he has some.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 07, 2012, 06:32:41 PM

It tells me that this is a business and you don't pay an employee anymore than you have to when you have all the leverage.

Just another everyday type of move.

Your logic is sound....I expected a little better deal but it does indicate a different tone is being set and I don't dislike it.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 07, 2012, 06:35:15 PM

but what if its a 3rd down back unable to carry the load or some late round pick?  without any kind of running game this team would be in serious trouble.  People will get fired.  He might not have great leverage but he has some.
No way the team just adds a 3rd down back. We will be adding a back capable of 3rd down, however I doubt they will be limited to just 3rd down.

Martin / Miller / Wilson all would be more complete backs.

Either way, options will be readily available to replace Blount.

I don't even remember a ERFA ever holding out.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers | LeGarrette Blount receives tender offer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools