Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers | LeGarrette Blount receives tender offer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

-ts

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 07, 2012, 06:37:01 PM

BTW... last year Arian Foster was an ERFA... if he didn't hold out, I think we can assume Blount won't.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/31/no-holdout-for-arian-foster/

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 07, 2012, 06:38:02 PM

then you are pretty much committing our 2nd round to a RB if one of those guys is the target.  I don't know if Dominick is.  Not saying I am opposed to taking a RB high myself.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 07, 2012, 06:38:41 PM

Texans had another good back in their stable.  we don't at this point.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 07, 2012, 06:41:10 PM

then you are pretty much committing our 2nd round to a RB if one of those guys is the target.  I don't know if Dominick is.  Not saying I am opposed to taking a RB high myself.
Maybe. Maybe not.

I could definitely see 1 of those 3 atleast falling to the 3rd.

Could also see the addition of a vet FA RB instead. So many options.

Again Blount is coming off a year where he underachieved and proved he still has no business being a blocker or a receiver. Arian Foster was coming off a stud season in which he proved himself to be an elite complete back.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 07, 2012, 06:42:40 PM

Not sure I like this move, but I wonder what talks have gone on with his agent.  Are we far enough apart on his potential value that we are just standing by for the year?  Thats the only way this makes sense to me, they have to know he's legitimately worth more than that to keep around even if they aren't sold on him as the future.  Does he become UFA next year?  If so we may have screwed ourselves royally. 

-ts

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 07, 2012, 06:44:05 PM

Texans had another good back in their stable.  we don't at this point.
A good back who had not played a down in the NFL and lost an entire season due to injury his rookie year.

Hardly the leverage that would make Foster worry.

Fact is ERFA's really don't have many options. 2 years in the league of being a decent back that can't be on the field in passing situations is not going to get anyone calling in the trade offers.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 07, 2012, 06:46:43 PM

make the guy happy since its only a one year commitment.  That's my opinion.  A $1 mil tender isn't going to affect our cap situation.  He probably only has 5-6 years to make a living in the NFL.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 07, 2012, 06:49:54 PM

make the guy happy since its only a one year commitment.  That's my opinion.  A $1 mil tender isn't going to affect our cap situation.  He probably only has 5-6 years to make a living in the NFL.
Do you even know what the tenders are?

I believe that is the only tender available. It isn't like you are putting different tenders on players to protect them with picks. An ERFA doesn't have the right to negotiate with other teams. Therefore the only tender is what they offered.

Hence why Foster played for 500k last year.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 07, 2012, 06:53:56 PM

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (ERFA)

An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience. If his former club makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit.

There is no other tender. It is the 3rd yr minimum... or nothing.

Unless you negotiate a real contract. That is the only tender.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 07, 2012, 06:55:48 PM

didn't know that.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 07, 2012, 06:56:06 PM

they're not going to pay him any more than they have to at this point.

Exactly.  Too many are reading way too much into this.

He is an Exclusive Rights FA.   Nobody (not just the Bucs) pays an ERFA what they deserve because there is NO way he or any other team can do anything about it.  If he doesn't sign it, he doesn't play AND he doesn't receive a year of eligibility.   Arian Foster was only given $525,000 as a ERFA too and it didn't mean the Texans didn't want him.  This is typical for ERFA in the NFL.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 07, 2012, 06:57:32 PM

they're not going to pay him any more than they have to at this point.

Exactly.  Too many are reading way too much into this.

He is an Exclusive Rights FA.   Nobody (not just the Bucs) pays an ERFA what they deserve because there is NO way he or any other team can do anything about it.  If he doesn't sign it, he doesn't play AND he doesn't receive a year of eligibility.   Arian Foster was only given $525,000 as a ERFA too and it didn't mean the Texans didn't want him.  This is typical for ERFA in the NFL.
Thank You!

Well said. That is the only tender. It is 3rd year min... or nothing.

I have never heard of an ERFA holding out.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 07, 2012, 06:59:30 PM

pretty crappy deal the players union agreed to then.  but what do I care.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : March 07, 2012, 07:16:57 PM

They pay Quincy Black over 5 million a year.  They pay Zuttah 4 million a year.   They paid Lumpkin almost 2 million a year and Graham over 2 million a year.    They offer Blount 0.54 million a year.   

Dom must think Blount is little better than a scrub.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 07, 2012, 07:20:05 PM

Wait a second our ALL WORLD RB isn't getting paid like one?  Must be olsen's fault!

Look, its undeniable that the guy came in, and during his first 10 weeks of starting in the NFL he was the most productive running back in the league...

The guy has skill - sure some fans reach for hyperbole when describing him, but c'mon... you have eyes, you've seen his runs...
I've seen his HIGHLIGHTS and yes they are impressive runs but the guy lacks effort/poor work ethic, dances in the holes, lacks vision, no homerun threat, can't catch, can't block, and FUMBLES the ball!!
Lacks effort....we must be watching two different backs.  I'm pretty sure he lead the league in yards after contact and broken tackles the year before last, not sure how he fairer last year, but I can count eight broken tackles in one run.  As far as homerun threat, again, we must be watching 2 different backs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers | LeGarrette Blount receives tender offer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools