Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs 'expected' to go after Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Jackson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 08, 2012, 12:47:23 AM

2012 NFL Free Agency: Bucs 'expected' to go after Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Jackson

Mar 7, 2012 4:00 PM EST

John Russell - AP
 Cortland Finnegan, bottom, tackles New Orleans Saints receiver Robert Meachem (17) during the first quarter of their NFL preseason football game at LP Field in Nashville, Tenn., Thursday, Sept. 2, 2010.

Free agency will start in eight days, and that means we'll see plenty of rumors between now and then. In fact, the rumors have already started: according to Gregg Rosenthal, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are 'expected' to be among the favorites for cornerback Cortland Finnegan's services. Similarly, Jason Cole reports that the Bucs are among six teams expected to make a run at wide receiver Vincent Jackson.

Both players would represent a massive upgrade for the team at their respective positions. Vincent Jackson is the top receiver likely to hit the market - a big-bodied receiver with reliable hands who consistently produces big plays. Cortland Finnegan is a tough cornerback with excellent skills in coverage, who also has the strength and tenacity to hold up as a tackler against the run.

But will the Bucs really go after these players? Keep in mind that these reports talk about outside expectations, not actual inside information. One thing at least strongly points to a spending spree, though: this is the first time in years the Bucs have stated that they will be active in free agency This has been the main message this offseason: the Bucs will be active in free agency. Whether they'll get the right players is the question.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/3/7/2849983/2012-nfl-free-agency-bucs-expected-to-go-after-cortland-finnegan

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 08, 2012, 12:50:26 AM

Same ole same ole.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#2 : March 08, 2012, 12:51:28 AM

I "expect" them too as well.

They actually have to do it. And then they actually have to get them to sign.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 08, 2012, 12:53:27 AM

Wasn't there something that said we were expected to go after Aso last year? I'm not buying any of this crap anymore. Not until they actually sign these guys.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 08, 2012, 12:58:50 AM

A lot of people "expect" them to use their cap room and so they're tossing out the biggest names. Let's face it pick ANY top end FA and we need him because there are no spots we really have "the guy".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 08, 2012, 01:00:42 AM

Precisely. Which is why "Pay Da Man!" has been my mantra regarding guys like Carr, Nicks, Williams, Jackson...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 08, 2012, 01:02:05 AM

A lot of people "expect" them to use their cap room and so they're tossing out the biggest names. Let's face it pick ANY top end FA and we need him because there are no spots we really have "the guy".

They expect them to sign the big name guy every year. This year has been no different. In fact every teams fans are hoping to sign the big namer. They all make lists and are just as upset as everyone else when they don't sign them. I just choose not to buy into it anymore.
: March 08, 2012, 01:04:39 AM BucBalla85

bucboi813

Starter

#7 : March 08, 2012, 01:03:20 AM

carr porter garcon williams  eddie royal maybe peyton trade freeman or get rg3

Live free or die trying

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 08, 2012, 01:05:13 AM

They expect them to sign the big name guy every year. This year has been no different.

I suspect we still see no big name guy. I think we might see Garcon but not Jackson. Porter and not Finnegan.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 08, 2012, 01:08:16 AM

carr porter garcon williams  eddie royal maybe peyton trade freeman or get rg3

See now I already know this dudes going to be upset because no way Peyton comes here and they trade Freeman. No way it happens. People need to be a little more realistic with this stuff and maybe there wont be so many people crying on here.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 08, 2012, 01:09:02 AM

They expect them to sign the big name guy every year. This year has been no different.

I suspect we still see no big name guy. I think we might see Garcon but not Jackson. Porter and not Finnegan.
So by that idea, I am going to assume we overpay for mid tier talent. Classic! 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 08, 2012, 01:13:34 AM

So by that idea, I am going to assume we overpay for mid tier talent. Classic!

Probably what's going to happen boid. Haven't you learned anything the last few free agency?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 08, 2012, 01:19:39 AM

Damn....that is depressing.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 08, 2012, 01:22:06 AM

Damn....that is depressing.

Not so sure, maybe let the feeding frenzy go over the top guys and have a chance to get people who upgrade the team but do so at a more reasonable price. It isn't necessarily a bad way to go.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#14 : March 08, 2012, 01:23:51 AM

An upgrade is an upgrade.

some upgrades are just better than others

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs 'expected' to go after Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Jackson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools