Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs 'expected' to go after Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Jackson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#15 : March 08, 2012, 01:36:21 AM

Nobody knows what the Bucs will really do. It is easy to sit here and whine that we won't get anyone big, but you may be suprised. But even if we don't, it isn't the end of the world. "Big" FAs usually don't turn out like planned.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 08, 2012, 01:40:41 AM

I don't see how anyone (after 6 seasons of non FA spending) can say the Glazers shouldn't spend.

Even the media is getting into it. They are probably thinking with all this capspace every season, that sooner or later they'll have to spend.

BTW if anyone thinks any of our guys can be, or are VJax like, or that any WR FA is comparable, they're nuts.

There is a reason good players make big money in the NFL. The Bucs should use the philosophy once in awhile.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 08, 2012, 02:40:02 AM

I'm not sure why anyone takes what the media says about the Bucs seriously either way (they will spend/they won't spend)
If this offseason (so far) has shown us anything it's that the media has less than no clue what goes on behind closed doors at OBP.

Bucs fans should have their own wish lists but not expect any specific players, expect a position to be addressed but don't put any stock into any one player being signed/looked at until it actually happens.

Remember this is a Mike Sherman coached team.  :-)

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 08, 2012, 02:47:24 AM

Excited for the FA period to finally be starting soon. Been a boring offseason.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 08, 2012, 03:47:50 AM

Unless the Bucs plan on not re-signing Barber, I don't see how Finnegan is a fit. He was used in the slot by Tennessee like Barber. Plus, Tennessee didn't even attempt to make him any kind of offer. He was told that there was no interest. If that doesn't send up some kind of red flags, I don't know what does. Teams just do not let decent CB's get away without putting up some kind of fight.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 08, 2012, 09:26:21 AM

Finnegan, Jackson, Nicks and Henderson.   FA done.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 08, 2012, 09:34:45 AM

Expected by who exactly? I'm not "expecting" us to do much more than throw some bait out towards these guys. I think we'll make a move just not on these guys. At least that's how I feel right now.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 08, 2012, 09:36:24 AM

Because Bucs fans expectations have been torched the past few years by our team, I will withhold any excitement until the ink is dry on the contract.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 08, 2012, 09:38:09 AM

"Expected"
As optimistic and good as I feel about free agency this year, seeing stuff like this brings back the sting of last years flop.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 08, 2012, 09:45:35 AM

Because Bucs fans expectations have been torched the past few years by our team, I will withhold any excitement until the ink is dry on the contract.

I can wholeheartedly agree with that. ..Remember Nike's "Chimp" Kelly? I do.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 08, 2012, 09:54:50 AM

Yeah I do. I said from the get go Bucs were going after Kelly. Excited one day and pissed the next. I like Schiano to but I wanted Chip Kelley.

This next week is gonna kill me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 08, 2012, 09:59:01 AM

Unless the Bucs plan on not re-signing Barber, I don't see how Finnegan is a fit. He was used in the slot by Tennessee like Barber. Plus, Tennessee didn't even attempt to make him any kind of offer. He was told that there was no interest. If that doesn't send up some kind of red flags, I don't know what does. Teams just do not let decent CB's get away without putting up some kind of fight.
personally I feel Barber needs to retire or shouldn't be offered a new contract.  but if Finnegan not being resigned by the Titans is a red flag a younger Carr not being resigned by the Chiefs has to be an even bigger red flag by that logic.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 08, 2012, 10:03:36 AM

Save me a seat in the ER Buc-brother.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 08, 2012, 10:12:16 AM

Disagree.   So Mario has red flags because the Texans are letting him go?  No way, its about the $$$$$.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 08, 2012, 10:30:38 AM

Save me a seat in the ER Buc-brother.
Agreed. No matter how optimistic I am, there is the definite memories of year past. In a week we could be happy or very sad and beside ourselves. I still think we'll make some good things happen, but you never know until the check is signed.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs 'expected' to go after Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Jackson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools