Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs 'expected' to go after Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Jackson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 08, 2012, 10:33:19 AM

Because Bucs fans expectations have been torched the past few years by our team, I will withhold any excitement until the ink is dry on the contract.

I can wholeheartedly agree with that. ..Remember Nike's "Chimp" Kelly? I do.
This next week is gonna kill me.

Save me a seat in the ER Buc-brother.
Agreed. No matter how optimistic I am, there is the definite memories of year past. In a week we could be happy or very sad and beside ourselves. I still think we'll make some good things happen, but you never know until the check is signed.

I still think I should go take a preemptive poo on Brian's limo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 08, 2012, 10:38:15 AM

These are exactly the kind of guys you SHOULDN'T sign.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 08, 2012, 10:46:34 AM

Because Bucs fans expectations have been torched the past few years by our team, I will withhold any excitement until the ink is dry on the contract.

I can wholeheartedly agree with that. ..Remember Nike's "Chimp" Kelly? I do.
This next week is gonna kill me.

Save me a seat in the ER Buc-brother.
Agreed. No matter how optimistic I am, there is the definite memories of year past. In a week we could be happy or very sad and beside ourselves. I still think we'll make some good things happen, but you never know until the check is signed.

I still think I should go take a preemptive poo on Brian's limo.
All options are being considered at this time.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Bookert1905

Starter
#33 : March 08, 2012, 10:49:12 AM

Who are yours JC? Mccown and Stovall?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 08, 2012, 10:57:32 AM

Yea...because who wants proven quality veteran talent to come in and take PT away from our young potentially average guys...that would be idiotic.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 08, 2012, 11:09:45 AM

Who are yours JC? Mccown and Stovall?

Carl Nicks, Brandon Carr, Manny Lawson and workout a trade for Mike Wallace.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 08, 2012, 11:12:15 AM

Yea...because who wants proven quality veteran talent to come in and take PT away from our young potentially average guys...that would be idiotic.

There are players you don't give money to. These are two of them.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 08, 2012, 11:28:57 AM

I "expect" to be disappointed and baffled, again.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 08, 2012, 11:43:13 AM

Beggars can rarely afford to be choosers...we are desperate for talent...at this point..I don't see how we as fans can snub our noses at any guys who represent a sizable upgrade...regardless of $

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : March 08, 2012, 12:18:54 PM

destinedbuc

Rookie
#40 : March 08, 2012, 12:31:30 PM

One thing I think some fans overlook is FA's may actually want to come here this yr with the staff we have in place. We have a bunch of experience not to mention like 5 or 6 super bowl rings with the coaches. Finnagin sounded very happy at an opportunity to come here and well informed on Schiano. Plus we have an up and coming d line and strong armed qb not to mention the nice payday that come with it. An added bonus is NO crumbling and the division being wide open

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 08, 2012, 12:36:17 PM

I wouldn't automatically say FA's would want or not want to come here...

The staff has to sell it right... and we don't know what their approach is going to be...  they have to take a less reserved approach than they have in recent years.   Mark?   are you reading this?   ;)

I definitiely think that large guaranteed money should be on the table for Finnegan, Jackson and Nicks.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 08, 2012, 02:20:31 PM

If this team is going to avoid more blackouts, and Dominik is going to keep his job, the Bucs HAVE to target any FA available that fits a need on this roster. I expect at least two big names to sign with the Bucs. There is a lot of young talent already here. It's not like we're starting over from scratch like we were in 2009. Tampa Bay has great weather, facilities, and no state tax. The coaching staff is experienced and large enough to take care of any situation. They're good enough to win a few more games with the roster we had last year. Free agency and the draft will only help. The NFCS has always been a roller coaster division, and the Saints are imploding even before the off-season programs start. The fowlgoons choke when they reach the playoffs, and Carolina is rebuilding. The Bucs beat the two best teams in the division with what is surely much worse than they will field in 2012. It's not really that much of a stretch that they could do it again, or even more. Some FAs will recognize an opportunity to be a part of a franchise on the rise. Hopefully Schiano won't be signing anyone out of the geriatric ward. Upgrades are upgrades. They don't all have to be pro-bowlers. The playoffs are reachable. The SB probably is not. I expect this team to be competitive and respectable. Anything more is just gravy. The intelligent FAs will consider the opportunity, and not just the money.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 08, 2012, 02:22:21 PM

What would be interesting Sparky is lets say they do go out in free agency and honor these lists that we see every day on here. Would that really make fans come back out again?? Would be interesting to see. These problems really could be financial.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 08, 2012, 02:41:04 PM

We'll get a clue next week. Dominik HAS to do something that gets the fans excited.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs 'expected' to go after Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Jackson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools