Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skins trade for 2nd pick!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 09, 2012, 10:48:28 PM

I hate the skins!!! smh damn

Since Snyder bought the Redskins, the team has had a losing record (91-117 through the end of the 2011 season). Under Snyder's ownership the Redskins have made the playoffs only three times. In comparison, under the Glazer ownership, the Bucs have made the playoffs seven times and won a Super Bowl. They have also gone through seven head coaches in 13 seasons. In October 2009, several articles in Washington area newspapers criticized Snyder, alleging that his managerial style was partly to blame for the Redskins' on-field struggles. A November 2009 article in the Wall Street Journal also questioned whether Snyder's leadership style had alienated the Redskins fan-base, questioning "Are the Redskins Losing Washington?" The article quotes from a Harris Interactive poll showing that whereas the Redskins in 2003 were the 6th most popular NFL team nationally, by 2009 they had fallen to No. 17.

After a 3-7 start to the 2009 Washington Redskins season, criticism of Snyder and his general manager, Vinny Cerrato, escalated, while sportswriters referred to the pair as "Dumb and Dumber". Fans and football analysts have criticized the revolving-door of Redskins head coaches employed since Snyder bought the team, as well as Snyder and Cerrato's pattern of hiring expensive free agents and trading away draft picks for older players instead of recruiting young talent through the NFL draft. Vinny Cerrato resigned in December 2009.

Under Snyder, the Redskins have also sued season ticket holders who were unable to pay during the 2008-2009 U.S. recession. Snyder did this despite his claim that there are over 200,000 people on the season ticket waiting list.

Part way through the 2009 season, Snyder banned all signs from FedEx Field, leading to further fan discontentment.

Redskins fans have also expressed discontentment about rising ticket and parking prices, and Snyder's policy of charging fans for tailgates in special areas of the stadium lot.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 09, 2012, 10:48:54 PM

Wow if RG3 doesn't pan out they will be set back for a very very long time.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : March 09, 2012, 10:49:07 PM

Damn.. the Rams got lucky. Bucs just outside the action.... as always.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 09, 2012, 10:49:18 PM

Ok .....so they are set for RG III, now we have to hope someone wants to trade up to #5 for Tannehill.  Whoever does not get Peyton or Flynn.

Not likely.

Miami is most likely to land Manning, or they can sit tight to watch Tannehil drop to them.  Skins and Rams have thwarted most trade down plans for Bucs. >.<

Seattle could trade up to #5 if they dont land a free agent QB.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 09, 2012, 10:49:30 PM

All will be forgiven if they can land V-Jack and RG3.  That would turn around that team in a hurry into a contender.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 09, 2012, 10:51:49 PM

I hate the skins!!! smh damn

Since Snyder bought the Redskins, the team has had a losing record (91-117 through the end of the 2011 season). Under Snyder's ownership the Redskins have made the playoffs only three times. In comparison, under the Glazer ownership, the Bucs have made the playoffs seven times and won a Super Bowl. They have also gone through seven head coaches in 13 seasons. In October 2009, several articles in Washington area newspapers criticized Snyder, alleging that his managerial style was partly to blame for the Redskins' on-field struggles. A November 2009 article in the Wall Street Journal also questioned whether Snyder's leadership style had alienated the Redskins fan-base, questioning "Are the Redskins Losing Washington?" The article quotes from a Harris Interactive poll showing that whereas the Redskins in 2003 were the 6th most popular NFL team nationally, by 2009 they had fallen to No. 17.

After a 3-7 start to the 2009 Washington Redskins season, criticism of Snyder and his general manager, Vinny Cerrato, escalated, while sportswriters referred to the pair as "Dumb and Dumber". Fans and football analysts have criticized the revolving-door of Redskins head coaches employed since Snyder bought the team, as well as Snyder and Cerrato's pattern of hiring expensive free agents and trading away draft picks for older players instead of recruiting young talent through the NFL draft. Vinny Cerrato resigned in December 2009.

Under Snyder, the Redskins have also sued season ticket holders who were unable to pay during the 2008-2009 U.S. recession. Snyder did this despite his claim that there are over 200,000 people on the season ticket waiting list.

Part way through the 2009 season, Snyder banned all signs from FedEx Field, leading to further fan discontentment.

Redskins fans have also expressed discontentment about rising ticket and parking prices, and Snyder's policy of charging fans for tailgates in special areas of the stadium lot.

Peyton may have have told them thanks but no thanks, so they were desperate to make this move.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#21 : March 09, 2012, 10:55:54 PM

I have never been a Redskins fan. That 2005 playoff loss just cemented it. I really want to root for RG3, I really wish the Bucs would have had the fire power to get up there and get him. Trade Freeman for a 3rd or 4th. But ohh well.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 09, 2012, 10:57:03 PM

Browns fans must be really upset right now..

Tampafan8251

Starter
#23 : March 09, 2012, 10:57:04 PM

DTG haven't heard from you in a few weeks, hearing anything new regarding free agency? from your sources

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 09, 2012, 10:58:36 PM

wow.  3 1st rd picks!!!!???  Thats a kings ransom and a no brainer for the Rams.  As for the skins.......if this doesn't pan out it will hurt them for years to come.  I'm sorry, I dont think any rookie is worth that that price.  As someone noted above, it would be cheaper(in terms of draft picks) to trade for a franchise tagged QB like Brees than do this.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 09, 2012, 11:02:00 PM

We'll still get a good player at 5, I know it.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#26 : March 09, 2012, 11:03:40 PM

A lot to give up...

Jaggerace

Rookie

#27 : March 09, 2012, 11:06:07 PM

Two observations here...

1. Browns fans are pissed
2. Pressure is now on RG3, if he doesn't pan out, he'll be a bigger bust than Leaf was.

Jaggerace

Rookie

#28 : March 09, 2012, 11:07:45 PM

Or and thought of a third...

3. Snyder will pay whatever price to get whoever he wants, and according to his history,  it's not lookin bright for RG3

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 09, 2012, 11:13:13 PM

Even now...Raheem screwed us. I blame Raheem. We could have had 4 picks....nah...we decided to barely beat the vikings and colts instead.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skins trade for 2nd pick!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools