Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 44

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 09, 2012, 11:56:10 PM

According to Mark Long of the Associated Press, the Jaguars will "not" pursue Tim Tebow as long as Gene Smith is the team's GM.

In other words, Smith isn't a Tebow "believer." Following news of Friday's Peyton Manning visit with the Broncos, speculation has been rampant that Denver might deal Tebow to Jacksonville. New Jags owner Shahid Kahn did say recently that he "would have drafted" Tebow in 2010, but that doesn't mean a thing because he doesn't have personnel say. Smith calls all of the shots.

Source: Mark Long on Twitter Mar 9 - 3:00 PM

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 10, 2012, 12:06:57 AM

Not shocked only his stupid fans think he is good no one in the NFL however

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 10, 2012, 12:38:52 AM

LOL

Elway putting on a full court press looking for a QB.   Timbow's ego is going to get bruised.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : March 10, 2012, 09:52:38 AM

New Jags owner Shahid Kahn did say recently that he "would have drafted" Tebow in 2010, but that doesn't mean a thing because he doesn't have personnel say. Smith calls all of the shots.

uh huh...   right...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 10, 2012, 10:30:29 AM

New Jags owner Shahid Kahn did say recently that he "would have drafted" Tebow in 2010, but that doesn't mean a thing because he doesn't have personnel say. Smith calls all of the shots.

uh huh...   right...

Kahn could just fire Smith, or just tell him to GTFO of the way.

IDK what Michel's trying to say here. Is Dominik "stopping" the Glazers if they want someone? lol.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 10, 2012, 10:33:06 AM

Is Dominik "stopping" the Glazers if they want someone? lol.

Dominik in a meeting with the Glazers.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 10, 2012, 10:42:11 AM

TAMPA --

Romy Camargo was talking to his wife Friday afternoon when, out of the blue, he brought up the gift he most wanted to get one day: a football autographed by one of his heroes, former University of Florida and current Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

He didn't know it at the time, but Camargo was thinking too small.

Fast-forward a few hours. Camargo and his wife, Gabriela, were waiting in the lobby of the A La Carte Pavilion with Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee and Edward DeBartolo Jr. DeBartolo was hosting the 9th Annual All Star Charity Gala, which raises money for the DeBartolo Foundation.

He and DeBartolo also were serving as decoys for the surprise to come.

Minutes later, the country's most talked-about football player walked in the door. He looked around and spotted the guy he'd come to see: Camargo.

Camargo kept his cool, though he admitted later he was shocked when he realized his idol was there to spend time with him.

"That was awesome," Camargo said. "He's a humble guy. He believes in what he does. When you believe in what you can do, you end up doing it.

"That's why I believe that I'm going to get up out of the chair even if it takes me the rest of my life.''

Camargo, a U.S. Army Chief Warrant Officer 3, was shot in the neck by snipers in September 2008 as he served with fellow Green Berets in a combat mission in the mountains near Kandahar, Afghanistan. The bullet left him paralyzed from his shoulders down.

He was on his third tour in Afghanistan when he was shot.

Tebow, who is adored by millions of football fans for his perseverance, determination and Christian faith, said it was an honor to meet a hero.

"For me, it's humbling," said Tebow, who won the national championship and Heisman Trophy while quarterback of the University of Florida Gators.

"I do nothing special," Tebow said. "Athletes do nothing special. We play a silly game. Here's someone who put his life on the line for our country. "That's a real hero. That's someone doing something important with his life. It's a true inspiration to me."

The meeting was set up after DeBartolo's representatives contacted Tebow's representatives. Tebow said he knew right away when he heard the story that he wanted to meet Camargo, 36.

The two spent nearly 15 minutes talking about, a variety of topics, including Camargo's rehabilitation and his 4-year-old son.

Tebow, a native of Jacksonville, told Camargo that it was good to be back in the Sunshine State and that he was familiar with Tampa. His mother grew up in Tampa and his grandmother who recently died was in Tampa, he said.

"It's great to be back in Florida," Tebow said to Camargo, who is from New Tampa. "You get off the plane and you feel the humidity."

Tebow also invited Camargo and his family to a Broncos home game next season.

"We would love to have you," Tebow said.

Gabriela said she knew of the surprise for three days and it wasn't easy to keep a secret.

Already a Tebow fan, she was thrilled to meet Tebow and even more thrilled for her husband.

"It's just a pleasure for us to meet him," Gabriela said. "I know he's very excited and happy. I know he didn't expect it."

As have many others, Camargo said meeting Tebow served as an inspiration.

"It just makes me want to work harder and keep the faith," Camargo said.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 10, 2012, 10:42:28 AM

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 10, 2012, 10:45:51 AM

Tebow should be a Buc.   What a class act.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 10, 2012, 10:52:04 AM

if Tim Tebow were our QB not only would we instantly have 15,000 extra season ticket holders and RJS would probably sell out but we would have national attention and nationally televised games....and he would have one of the top selling jerseys in the country....money in the bank for the Glazers.  just saying.....

plus he drinks this stuff and not Coca-Cola

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 10, 2012, 10:53:14 AM

That settles it.   No more Coke.   I'm going with FRS.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 10, 2012, 10:55:05 AM

Coke isn't good for you.  no wonder Tebow avoids the stuff.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 10, 2012, 11:02:24 AM

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#13 : March 10, 2012, 11:04:20 AM

and we would picking 1st overall.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 10, 2012, 11:11:37 AM

as opposed to 5th?  We'd be better off.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 44
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools