Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 44

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 10, 2012, 11:26:33 AM

Shahid Kahn could be another Jerry Jones for all we know. To say his opinion doesn't matter because the GM makes all the decisions seems a bit naive to me. If the new owner is a fan of Tebow, then there is a decent chance he could end up there.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 10, 2012, 12:01:41 PM

Naive - a nice term.  If the owner TELLS his GM he wants a player the GM will get the player assuming he wants to keep his job - don'tchathink?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 10, 2012, 12:06:07 PM

Nice S & B - perfect response

And Tebow is simply a helluva a man. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 10, 2012, 12:44:18 PM

Naive - a nice term.  If the owner TELLS his GM he wants a player the GM will get the player assuming he wants to keep his job - don'tchathink?

I would think. It's possible Khan will be a completely hands off owner that only makes decisions in hiring the front office, but is entirely hands off when it comes to running the team....but I really doubt it. If the Broncos end up signing Manning (highly doubt it) and they then put Tebow on the trade block, I think there is a very good chance he goes to Jax. Khan is a smart business man and he knows the following Tebow already has there. It would have an immediate and huge effect on their attendance, and jersey sales. Probably wouldn't last long, but for a year or two it would be a big boost to the Jax profit margin.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 10, 2012, 02:58:47 PM

Is Dominik "stopping" the Glazers if they want someone? lol.

Dominik in a meeting with the Glazers.

That's funny as heck.

But let's be fair now. Isn't that what GM's are there for?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : March 10, 2012, 03:09:05 PM

Talib could learn a thing or two from Tebow - how to be a professional athlete and how to act accordingly.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 10, 2012, 03:11:04 PM

Photo op.

Shame on Tebow for using that guy for positive media.

(see what I did there?)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : March 10, 2012, 03:15:40 PM

Considering how popular and famous Tebow is right now, the last thing he needs is another photo op.     The dude has papparazzi following him around constantly.     

It's a shame the NFL doesn't have more good character guys like Tebow.     By being of such high character though, he's missing out on attending some basketball games with Raheem Morris.   But I doubt he'd even want to go to a basketball game with Raheem Morris anyway.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 10, 2012, 03:37:34 PM

Considering how popular and famous Tebow is right now, the last thing he needs is another photo op.     The dude has papparazzi following him around constantly.     

It's a shame the NFL doesn't have more good character guys like Tebow.     By being of such high character though, he's missing out on attending some basketball games with Raheem Morris.   But I doubt he'd even want to go to a basketball game with Raheem Morris anyway.
Rah has been fired for about 2 months now and no one is protecting Talib. Time to move on. Find someone else to hate on. Its getting old.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 10, 2012, 03:57:05 PM

Rah has been fired for about 2 months now and no one is protecting Talib. Time to move on. Find someone else to hate on. Its getting old.

Yea seriously. Morris is old news. Nobody cares about him anymore.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 10, 2012, 04:31:08 PM

I read that article this morning and much to my surprise my eyes got misty thinking what a lift that was for that soldier. 

I agree we would fill the stadium if Tebow were here.  He has that intangible quality that draws people.  I honestly think he might run for President one day.  First the Senate, then for the top job.  At least he won't have to be criticized for his throwing motion then....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 10, 2012, 04:42:06 PM

and we would picking 1st overall.

You already stuck your foot in your mouth with that line when Denver made Tebow their starter:

Looks like we know who will be picking Andrew Luck next April....

The Broncos have just made the first push for the number 1 overall pick.

No need to swallow that foot anymore.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 10, 2012, 06:54:12 PM

He was at the Renaissance hotel last night. I missed him, but my friend walked right him and Riley Cooper. Pretty jealous, lol

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 10, 2012, 07:25:26 PM

Well the dude spent many millions on the team, I would guess he could get a player he wanted, as long as he is signing the checks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 10, 2012, 07:34:46 PM

Not shocked only his stupid fans think he is good no one in the NFL however

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 44
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools