Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The one need nobody is talking about « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wolfet

Pro Bowler
: March 10, 2012, 06:21:51 PM

It is easy to get caught up in the #1 WR argument, and most secondary FA or above could have a case made for them to be added to our back 7.  The one need that seems to continually get ignored is NT.  I love Briand Price and Gerald McCoy, but to keep these guys fresh for the passing downs.  We really need a blocker eating montster that does not get pushed around to rotate in on 1st and 2nd downs.  Maybe John McCargo is the planned rotational NT or Frank Okam is definately big, but I think we have lacked a true NT to stop the running game.  Miller looked like he was on skates at times the past two year.    I have no doubt that Price and McCoy duo are fine against pass happy teams like the Saints, but who doesn't remember the Houston game last year.  Yes, there were a lot of missed tackles in the secondary but the RB wasn't touched half the time before he got there.  We need a real clogger and there are a couple of good options that won't break the bank to come in and play some against the run.  Is there anyone that fits the mold that you think should be brought in?

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 10, 2012, 06:33:31 PM

No. Just no.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 10, 2012, 06:41:55 PM

I happen to be of the unpopular belief that Brian Price is a bust . I don't believe you can tear both hamstrings completely off the bone and shatter your pelvis and ever be the same. It's going to be an issue for him the rest of his most likely short career.

I hope I'm wrong , but I wouldn't be against bringing in someone who can play nose tackle an stuff the run at all.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#3 : March 10, 2012, 06:42:42 PM

Bucfan 40- Why not?  I am not saying that we do not need other parts as well. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 10, 2012, 07:03:38 PM

D-Line is the least of our problems right now.  Almost every other unit on the team, other than the kicking game, needs a upgrade.  D-line?  Not so much IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 10, 2012, 07:08:40 PM

Just because the DLine is decent doesn't mean it couldn't use some love, and getting someone there to help doesn't really preclude getting help elsewhere. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 10, 2012, 07:14:51 PM

Just because the DLine is decent doesn't mean it couldn't use some love, and getting someone there to help doesn't really preclude getting help elsewhere.

Unless your suggesting Mario, I think the picks or FA pickups would be better value at other positions.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#7 : March 10, 2012, 07:15:11 PM

The run D has been bad for 3 years.

Only one position hasn't been completely overhauled.

LB

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#8 : March 10, 2012, 09:49:40 PM

I think we could get a quality FA that does not break the bank.  Run Defense and interceptions start with the Dline.  Look at the Giants.  Everyone wants Patrick Willis, but Spoaga plays very well in front of him.  Ray Lewis has Terrence Cody.  My point is that Price is playing out of position and we could use someoneto keep blockers form the second level if we are going to return to a dominate defense.  It will only make whoever are LB's are look even better.  Right now we are one injury away from Miller, Okam, or McCargo being in the starting line up to anchor the interior of the line.  That could be a huge problem.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : March 10, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

I think we could get a quality FA that does not break the bank. 

Who cares if they break the bank?   Why be frugal?    They have a ton of cap room!   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 10, 2012, 09:55:20 PM

The DL is decent?  32 in the league against the run and 32 in the league in sacks. 

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#11 : March 10, 2012, 09:55:21 PM

Sooo true, but we have a lot of holes to plug.   I hope we do not carry a ton of cap into next year.  Somehow the teams that spend big seem to always be able to do so.

bucboi813

Starter

#12 : March 10, 2012, 11:00:40 PM

trade glassy mccoy to the rams milleer to a 3-4 team and draft poe move back a couple spots to maybe 7 and geter done,

Live free or die trying

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 10, 2012, 11:05:22 PM

trade glassy mccoy to the rams milleer to a 3-4 team and draft poe move back a couple spots to maybe 7 and geter done,

Poe will be the defensive version of Troy Williamson...does well at a track meet....and rides that success all the way until training camp starts...there are 40+ other players who could help this team more than Poe in this draft.

That being said...Paul Soliai would be a decent signing, IMO.
: March 10, 2012, 11:07:10 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 10, 2012, 11:30:30 PM

You are the dumbest poster on this forum. You honestly should be banned for your IQ level, spelling, punctuation and the dumb ass proposals you post.

But we do desperately need to add another good DT or two to the rotation with the way that McCoy and Price have been injured. This has definitely been overlooked by many on this board. Roy Miller and Frank Okam are about as bad as it gets in the NFL as far as DT's go. We also need one more DE for the rotation.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The one need nobody is talking about « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools