Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New York Daily News....Manningham is "probably" going to sign with Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 12, 2012, 04:47:04 PM

I'm guessing (OK, maybe hoping) that this doesn't happen. With the Dallas-Washington ruling, our situation just changed. IMHO it became a lot easier to get V-Jax. If you're gonna get Tolbert and Finnegan too (and possibly Oline and LB help) then Manningham isn't possible, or even preferable.
I'm thinking Manningham was option 1 under the assumption VJax would go to Dallas or Washington. Now we can be more aggressive.

In Verner We Trust

Jutt

Starter
#31 : March 12, 2012, 07:03:14 PM

This team needs a deep threat number 1 WR and Manningham is neither.

I wouldn't say need. Having a "#1receiver" is one of the most pointless and overrated things said on this board. You can't sit there and say that having Manningham wouldn't be beneficial to our WR corps

My problem with Manningham is he has the same skill set as Williams, Benn, and Briscoe and the team needs a deep threat WR who can take the top off coverages. Manningham is a decent WR but he simply is not needed here.

A lot of you guys keep saying hes the same type of receiver as Williams...i wonder if you guys have watched any Giants games. MM is much faster than Williams. He absolutely can go deep....not sure why the complaints.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 12, 2012, 07:06:04 PM

I wouldn't say need. Having a "#1receiver" is one of the most pointless and overrated things said on this board. You can't sit there and say that having Manningham wouldn't be beneficial to our WR corps

My problem with Manningham is he has the same skill set as Williams, Benn, and Briscoe and the team needs a deep threat WR who can take the top off coverages. Manningham is a decent WR but he simply is not needed here.

A lot of you guys keep saying hes the same type of receiver as Williams...i wonder if you guys have watched any Giants games. MM is much faster than Williams. He absolutely can go deep....not sure why the complaints.

We all have v-jax colored glasses on right now ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BCB

Rookie
#33 : March 12, 2012, 07:54:31 PM

This would be worse than resigning Michael Clayton

We have no need for a #3 possesion receiver.
"His 2009 and 2010 season both had plenty of good associated with them and his ability after the catch is second to none. In those two seasons he forced 28 missed tackles, while also having the 2nd highest catch rate on passes thrown more than 20 yards in 2010."

Yea.  Possession receiver. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 12, 2012, 07:54:47 PM

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!

BCB

Rookie
#35 : March 12, 2012, 07:56:12 PM

People are judging him based on fantasy stats rather than his true skill set.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 12, 2012, 07:56:31 PM

Much faster?? Williams runs a 4.53 40 yard dash while Manningham runs a 4.42. Again we need a receiver to take the top off coverages like Galloway use to and Manningham just isn't that type of guy plus he drops way to many passes.

BCB

Rookie
#37 : March 12, 2012, 08:01:48 PM

Much faster?? Williams runs a 4.53 40 yard dash while Manningham runs a 4.42. Again we need a receiver to take the top off coverages like Galloway use to and Manningham just isn't that type of guy plus he drops way to many passes.

that IS considerably faster.  And, while he had a rough year last year with drops he had previously been extremely sure handed when healthy.  12th best catch rate in the league in 2010.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 12, 2012, 08:07:04 PM

Manningham and Garcon, Benn and Williams, Parker and Stroughter.

Meh...could be worse.  Go look at the current depth chart...

I am no Manningham fan at all though.  Unless he signs.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 12, 2012, 08:33:24 PM

that IS considerably faster.  And, while he had a rough year last year with drops he had previously been extremely sure handed when healthy.  12th best catch rate in the league in 2010.

Manningham has always had problems with drops dating back to his days at Michigan and according to Football Outsiders Manningham was 22nd in catch rate in 2010

Jutt

Starter
#40 : March 12, 2012, 08:46:58 PM

Thats actually a significant time faster...ANND. 40 times dont mean sh1t dude, especially when were talking about game speed.. Manningham has made big plays throughout his career. Im just gonna go ahead and assume now you dont know wtf youre talking about. 

thanks for the stats above...pretty much put more fluidity to my argument
: March 12, 2012, 08:52:42 PM Jutt

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 12, 2012, 09:09:07 PM

Thats actually a significant time faster...ANND. 40 times dont mean sh1t dude, especially when were talking about game speed.. Manningham has made big plays throughout his career. Im just gonna go ahead and assume now you dont know wtf youre talking about. 

thanks for the stats above...pretty much put more fluidity to my argument

Really, I don't know what im talking about but you think Manningham is a deep threat? Ok, whatever makes you feel better. SR has even said that Manningham has a similar skill set as the WR's the bucs already have and that we would better fitted going after V-Jax or Garcon so I'll take their word over yours.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 12, 2012, 09:13:06 PM

Manningham has always had problems with drops dating back to his days at Michigan and according to Football Outsiders Manningham was 22nd in catch rate in 2010

He just strikes me as the type of player that makes the hard catch look easy and the easy catch look hard.
Pass.

Turn the page.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 12, 2012, 11:25:58 PM

This would be worse than resigning Michael Clayton

We have no need for a #3 possesion receiver.
"His 2009 and 2010 season both had plenty of good associated with them and his ability after the catch is second to none. In those two seasons he forced 28 missed tackles, while also having the 2nd highest catch rate on passes thrown more than 20 yards in 2010."

Yea.  Possession receiver.

Heres 2 questions that will answer why he isnt worth bringing here.

Would he have better stats with Manning or Freeman throwing him the ball?

Was he open more often do to Hicks and Cruz?

There is no way he will be a better player here with our QB and our WRs.  He isnt a #1, he is good at being a #3 with a top 3 QB throwing him the ball and BETTER WRs around him.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 12, 2012, 11:38:04 PM

He just strikes me as the type of player that makes the hard catch look easy and the easy catch look hard.
Pass.

Agree    ^^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New York Daily News....Manningham is "probably" going to sign with Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools