Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Don’t Believe the Nicks Hype” « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : March 13, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »

“Don’t Believe the Nicks Hype”

Posted on March 13, 2012 8:46 am by The Commish

By: Justin Pawlowski

Late last night, Saints OG Carl Nicks tweeted out that he had just received a “respectable” offer from the Saints.

As fans everywhere scurried, I was told by my source to “not believe the hype” surrounding this news.

Despite Nicks receiving a “respectable” offer from the Saints, Nicks is still looking to be the highest paid guard in the NFL, so “respectable” just won’t be enough.

Nicks is a 2-time All-Pro guard and has gained the reputation as one of the best guards in the NFL.

With the Saints having some issues with the salary cap, and their impending punishment for their bounties, it would be a surprise for Nicks not to test free agency beginning today at 4:00.

Nicks will be one of the top targets for the Buccaneers who have the 3rd most cap room in the NFL.  According to my source, the Buccaneers do not believe the hype of this latest offer by the Saints and still plan to go after Nicks as one of their top priorities.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 13, 2012, 12:02:57 PM »

Replacing Faine/Larsen and Trueblood will do wonders for this offense.

LGB won't have to break 8 tackles in the backfield on every play.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 13, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

Would love Nicks.  However I am a little apprehensive considering the last Saints Pro Bowl OL we got in FA didn't exactly live up to his hype...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 13, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »

Replacing Faine/Larsen and Trueblood will do wonders for this offense.

LGB won't have to break 8 tackles in the backfield on every play.

LOL

That would be even funnier, if it was not true.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 13, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »

Would love Nicks.  However I am a little apprehensive considering the last Saints Pro Bowl OL we got in FA didn't exactly live up to his hype...
Big difference between being a one-time Pro Bowl alternate anbd two-time all-pro.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 13, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »

Peace out Faine.

MarineBuc

Starter

« #6 : March 13, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »

The Saints have $5M in cap space...I thought this was pretty fishy this morning when I read it on Twitter.

Twitter is really adding a whole new dynamic to Free Agency

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 13, 2012, 12:47:30 PM »

Quote from: MarineBuc
The Saints have $5M in cap space...I thought this was pretty fishy this morning when I read it on Twitter.

Was that before or after Colston? I just heard they got him a 5 year deal from Glazer. I don't see a Nicks deal being struck by 4pm today. (or at all for that matter)

MarineBuc

Starter

« #8 : March 13, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »

Was that before or after Colston? I just heard they got him a 5 year deal from Glazer. I don't see a Nicks deal being struck by 4pm today. (or at all for that matter)

BEFORE the Colston deal...

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 13, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »

Nicks or Grubbs would make me happy.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #10 : March 13, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »

BEFORE the Colston deal...

Ouch. Yeah... Definitely Ouch.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #11 : March 13, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »

Quote from: Bucko40
Nicks or Grubbs would make me happy.

You're not alone...

... Sign Nicks and I think I may climax.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #12 : March 13, 2012, 01:23:36 PM »

Nicks Tweet is a sign he expects to leave th Saints, not stay with them.  He is trying to gain leverage with whatever ever non-Saints team(s) he is negotiating with

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 13, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »

Says the guy who said that the Lofton deal was 100% done.
« : March 13, 2012, 09:44:15 PM chace1986 »

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 13, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »

I warned people when Faine was signed that he wasn't what so many fans here thought he was.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Don’t Believe the Nicks Hype” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools