Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson is a Buccaneer, 5-yr $55.55M/$26M guaranteed « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#120 : March 14, 2012, 06:45:07 PM

without reading the 8 pages of thread...what's the deal with the 555555555555555?

The code is that it's all about #5 .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#121 : March 14, 2012, 06:54:22 PM

Jackson had 68 receptions because there were so many targets to throw to in San Diego...ahhh....never mind...Jeebus...

gump

Starter

#122 : March 14, 2012, 07:37:03 PM

Here's a post from an educated Chargers fan:

Bucs fans, here's what you're getting.

- An extremely hard worker. VJax is a physical beast, and is always in great shape.
- An excellent locker room guy. He's not a leader, but there hasn't been one bad word about Jackson from teammates in the 7 years he was here, including the year he held out for 10 games. He's respected and well liked.
- In general, he's a smart dude. His dad was the principal of his HS and he had over a 4.0 in high school, so he's what most of us would call a "good kid".
- Any reports/stories of him being a head case are way off base. The guy made a couple of poor decisions getting behind the wheel after a few beers, and paid for it. While none of us condone that behavior, VJax isn't out flashing guns in clubs and getting into fights.
- On the field, Jackson has great hands and catches almost everything that he has a shot at. He's a deep ball magnet.
- On the downside, VJax almost never "takes over" a game. He may catch a couple of long ones, but he's more Lee Evans than TO. He won't dominate to the point where he can't be stopped. I can't remember a single catch where he juked more than one defender on a short pattern and went the distance. He's somewhat 1 dimensional, which is fine but is somewhat misleading when you see his frame and think he should be catching 10-12 balls a "taking over".

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#123 : March 14, 2012, 07:39:07 PM

Heard his interview on WDAE this afternoon. He's very intelligent and well spoken - kind of like Ronde Barber. Was really impressed after listening to him.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#124 : March 14, 2012, 07:39:38 PM

I don't think we need V-Jax to catch 90 passes. We still have Mike Williams and some other talented WRs. We need him to be a big threat, give us some big plays and make things easier on everyone else.

A big problem with our offense is we just lacked a WR who was a big vertical threat down the field, Vincent gives us that. He doesn't need to be Calvin Johnson.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#125 : March 14, 2012, 07:42:07 PM

Williams and Benn were probably the happiest Bucs other than Freeman to see him signed.  Everyone, even the TE, RBs should be better if he plays to his potential and stays healthy.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#126 : March 14, 2012, 07:47:22 PM

Jackson is a playmaker 68 rec will be good enough with the other weapons.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#127 : March 15, 2012, 12:38:12 AM

Jackson had 68 receptions because there were so many targets to throw to in San Diego...ahhh....never mind...Jeebus...

Last year, with all those targets...
Roddy White had 100 receptions
Marques Colston had 80
Welker had 122
Cruz had 82
Nicks had 76
Jennings had 67 (and missed 3 games).

As the only real weapon, and a much worse QB...
Bowe had 81
Harvin had 87
Fitzgerald had 80
Lloyd had 70
Steve Smith had 79
Marshall had 81
Steve Johnson had 76

How about guys that really aren't that good...
Crabtree had 72
Nate Washington had 74
Mike Williams had 65
Darius Heyward-Bey had 64
Greg Little had 61

All of those guys are either in similar situations or worse and put up more receptions last year than Vincent Jackson.  Why is that?  Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good WR, but let's not make him out to be more than what he really is, even though he's paid more than what he really is.  He's not as good as Jennings, Bowe, Maclin, or Brandon Marshall.  Basically, that puts him in the 3rd/4th tier of #1 WR's.
: March 15, 2012, 12:41:36 AM TBayXXXVII
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson is a Buccaneer, 5-yr $55.55M/$26M guaranteed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools