Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs may sign another player before the night is out « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Ma5o

Rookie

#90 : March 14, 2012, 01:05:37 AM

Look how good New England, Green Bay, and the Giants secondary was. DB is not a top priority when you have a player like T Rich on the board.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#91 : March 14, 2012, 01:05:47 AM

Richardson would be better than Blount on day 1

More versatile day 1. Better? That's questionable. Better long term but maybe day 1 is a stretch.

What do you think Blount does better than TRich??
Drag Polamalu's face in the dirt for 5 yards, play of the year, 5 yards a carry in his rookie season while breaking 1000 yards and not starting the first quarter of the season, has Rodgers endorsement as the best RB after Peterson. Blount's running game will be better than it was in 2010 and I'm willing to bet his all around game will be better to. TRich is not going to average 5 yards a carry in his rookie season like Blount did. Now if Richardson is brought it to form a monstrous duo with Blount I'm all for that concept, but it just makes more sense to take Martin in the second. Unless you think Blount sucks and his rookie season was a fluke or somehow not good enough. If they Bucs sign Nicks, Blount will be everyone's favorite player you can quote me on that.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#92 : March 14, 2012, 01:08:25 AM

Bucs still grinding away on a deal with top guard Carl Nicks. Sounds like they will burn the midnight oil to get it done #freeagency  Jason La Contara

Ma5o

Rookie

#93 : March 14, 2012, 01:08:53 AM

More versatile day 1. Better? That's questionable. Better long term but maybe day 1 is a stretch.

Drag Polamalu's face in the dirt for 5 yards, play of the year, 5 yards a carry in his rookie season while breaking 1000 yards and not starting the first quarter of the season, has Rodgers endorsement as the best RB after Peterson. Blount's running game will be better than it was in 2010 and I'm willing to bet his all around game will be better to. TRich is not going to average 5 yards a carry in his rookie season like Blount did. Now if Richardson is brought it to form a monstrous duo with Blount I'm all for that concept, but it just makes more sense to take Martin in the second. Unless you think Blount sucks and his rookie season was a fluke or somehow not good enough. If they Bucs sign Nicks, Blount will be everyone's favorite player you can quote me on that.

You forgot to mention those excellent blocking and receiving skills that will compliment the offense...

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#94 : March 14, 2012, 01:08:59 AM

Need a MLB also.

yes thats being overshadowed by V-Jax and possibly Nicks right now but the Bucs aren't going anywhere next season if the field LBs who don't tackle again.. getting Lofton on board is needed

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#95 : March 14, 2012, 01:10:43 AM

LaConfora says we are still trying to get a deal done with Nicks.

tmac87

Starter
#96 : March 14, 2012, 01:10:56 AM

Posted this in another thread but either way:

@JasonLaCanfora: Bucs still grinding away on a deal with top guard Carl Nicks. Sounds like they will burn the midnight oil to get it done #freeagency

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#97 : March 14, 2012, 01:11:13 AM

Bucs still grinding away on a deal with top guard Carl Nicks. Sounds like they will burn the midnight oil to get it done #freeagency  Jason La Contara

can we talk about THIS right now, and save the TR debate for another thread?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#98 : March 14, 2012, 01:15:05 AM

You forgot to mention those excellent blocking and receiving skills that will compliment the offense...

The receiving skills that average him 11 yards per catch. I know about those. Blount missed maybe 3 catches last season counting  one that Freeman unexpectedly dumped it off too him. Part of what made Olsen and Raheem bad coaches were they way they handled the running game. It's not like Blount was giving the opportunity to receive out the backfield and failed. On the contrary he usually tooke all of his receptions for a good gain. The blocking skills will be on the coaches and him. If Schiano and Sullivan are smart they're planning on how to work with Blount on that.

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#99 : March 14, 2012, 01:21:18 AM

guess not.....

cgnumber7

Starter

#100 : March 14, 2012, 01:23:52 AM

blount will be alot better with full offseason and better coaching........lamicheal james in 3rd round is what I'm hoping for

gone

Hall of Famer
#101 : March 14, 2012, 01:27:39 AM

There hasn't been a RB like Richardson since Adrian Peterson. Take Richardson while he is there and solidify the defense through FA and the draft.

Richardson is nowhere near that level of player.  Not even in the same state let alone same zipcode. 
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs may sign another player before the night is out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools