Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Eric Wright first deal of day...Tampa Bay « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

CJBROOKS09

Second String
#105 : March 14, 2012, 07:17:02 PM

Are we keeping Talib? I thought I read that we will,  but can't confirm.  He and Wright will allow us to play Biggers as the Dime with Claiborn in the nickle spot. Wright also seems to be preparing himself to move inside.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#106 : March 14, 2012, 07:22:37 PM

lol, dude is guaranteed 15.5 mil over 5 years and its too much?

for those who are bad at math(must be a lot) that just a hair over 3 mil a year. If he gets anywhere near the full value, that would mean hes playing at a probowl level and would be worth every penny.

You guys crack me up. I swear guys could be signed for the vet minimum and youd say overpaid.
Actually he's guaranteed $15.5 million over just the first 2 years (it's his salaries those years that are guaranteed).
The remaining $21+ million is base salaries for the final 3 years, none of which are guaranteed.
The only bonus he has is $500k tied to offseason workouts the first 2 years

CJBROOKS09

Second String
#107 : March 14, 2012, 07:34:45 PM

for those who are bad at math(must be a lot) that just a hair over 3 mil a year. If he gets anywhere near the full value, that would mean hes playing at a probowl level and would be worth every penny.

You guys crack me up. I swear guys could be signed for the vet minimum and youd say overpaid.
Actually he's guaranteed $15.5 million over just the first 2 years (it's his salaries those years that are guaranteed).
The remaining $21+ million is base salaries for the final 3 years, none of which are guaranteed.

I thought I was a fanatic. You guys breathe pewter and red.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#108 : March 14, 2012, 07:39:02 PM

I thought I was a fanatic. You guys breathe pewter and red.

I find it ridiculous that some fans are haggling over contract details and critiquing salaries down to the penny rather than just enjoying a great day in Buc history...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

kbl117

Starter

#109 : March 14, 2012, 07:57:06 PM

just a little worried about paying 7 mil per year for a guy who did allow the most receptions in football last year. The guaranteed money is low, that does make it not so bad. You guys can say "what do u care it's not ur money!", but fact is if you throw money around too recklessly and overpay too much you handcuff your ability to sign guys in the future. I'm a fan of the signing just a little unsure that we needed to spend so much

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#110 : March 14, 2012, 08:00:14 PM

I'm not so thrilled about this signing. Sure it's not my money, but they could have spent that money a bit better. I would rather them overpay to get Lofton than pay Eric Wright 7.5 million a year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#111 : March 14, 2012, 08:01:54 PM

Hey he's better than biggers.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#112 : March 14, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

We have done just about all of our contracts over the past three years the same way. We frontload  all the guaranteed money in the first two years of the deal. It's smart. For one it makes the remaining years very affordable, and it also means that if the player doesn't work out you can cut him after two years with no penalty.

Another thing to remember is we have virtually no free agents to resign next year. So these guys get most of their money this year and next, then their yearly cap hit drops just in time to start resigning our young core in 2014.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#113 : March 14, 2012, 10:39:15 PM

I wanted Easy E out of the draft... I thunk he is better then "meh". Hell, it may be the UNLV Runnin Rebel in me but I think he becomes the best corner on this team all things considered.

Zellination

Starter

#114 : September 16, 2012, 02:39:43 PM

Yep....earning his money....

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#115 : September 16, 2012, 06:13:23 PM

That Wright play was one of the best plays in Buc history.   Very cool play.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#116 : August 27, 2013, 01:38:19 PM

Hey guys, remember this? BUMP

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#117 : August 27, 2013, 05:14:49 PM

Meh!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#118 : August 27, 2013, 05:24:30 PM

Hey guys, remember this? BUMP

lol, nice bump.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#119 : August 27, 2013, 08:15:47 PM

He is 26 and as good as Brian Kelly of was. I'm glad we just locked down the #2 CB for the next 5 years. Now Biggers and Gaitor can fight over the nickel and dime package. We still need a #1 CB though.

This is a nice gem. ;)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Eric Wright first deal of day...Tampa Bay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools