Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Eric Wright first deal of day...Tampa Bay « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

stormsct

Starter

« #30 : March 14, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »

I like it. He's better than Biggers, Mack, Lewis. Solid signing.

I think people's eyes are still so big from Jackson and Nicks, that getting a solid signing is seen as "meh" because it's not the superstar jackpot signing. Landing Wright is a good thing.
Yep. And, the kid still has some room to grow and improve.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 14, 2012, 08:11:41 AM »

The Bucs are going for 2 for 1 deal so far.

1. Signing Vincent Jackson upgrades the #1 spot, but also the #2 spot by having Mike Williams bumped down.
2. Signing of Wright upgrades the #2 spot, and bumps Biggers down where he is an upgrade at nickel.

Signing Nicks, and moving Zuttah over to center will have the same effect as well as signing a Mike and moving Foster to the outside.

lowell42

Rookie
« #32 : March 14, 2012, 08:13:43 AM »

Wright is by no means a bad player and at 26 could pair with Claiborne (if we go that route at #5) or Talib (if he stays out of the klink) for a couple years. Everbody gets burned from time to time but i thought he played pretty well last year for the Lions.With the pedigree of our new DB coach and his history of developing guys at LSU I like this signing. At least till I see the G/T money Dom gave him!  :D

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 14, 2012, 08:14:27 AM »

"As the Browns’ 2007 2nd-round pick actually received death threats over his perceived poor play last season. PFF graded him poorly indeed, with a –4.3 overall. His coverage mark was a rotten –11.9, second-worst in the NFL. However, Wright intrigues me for several reasons: first, he’s 5’-10”, 190, so a decently-sized fellow. Second, was graded +3.3 in pass rush, third-best in the NFL, and +4.7 in run support, 12th-best in the NFL.
Wright is a young, talented player with a lot of experience, and he’s proven to be exceptional—truly exceptional—at a couple different dimensions of his position. It’s true that the one exception, coverage, is the one we’re really looking for, but if he’s available for peanuts, he’s exactly the kind of reclamation project the Lions do brilliantly with."

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #34 : March 14, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »

1. Signing Vincent Jackson upgrades the #1 spot, but also the #2 spot by having Mike Williams bumped down.
2. Signing of Wright upgrades the #2 spot, and bumps Biggers down where he is an upgrade at nickel.

Signing Nicks, and moving Zuttah over to center will have the same effect as well as signing a Mike and moving Foster to the outside.

I can agree with that.  And what I like most, they are doing it before the draft.  That way we can truly draft BPA.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #35 : March 14, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »

and signing Lofton will have the same effect.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #36 : March 14, 2012, 08:19:23 AM »

IIRC he was a 4.3 guy at the combine.  he's the UNLV guy right?  got kicked of USC or something as a freshman.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #37 : March 14, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »

I like all the lukewarm responses.  For goodness sakes our current starting DBs are Talib and Barber, neither of which mightr make it to the season.  Could end up being Claiborne, Wright , Barber and Talib.  That would be a huge improvement.  Big picture . . .  please

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #38 : March 14, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »

I like the wright signing... It was the "wright" move :)

Sign Steve slaton now! Nice depth signing with speed

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #39 : March 14, 2012, 08:25:57 AM »

Need to see the numbers. Hope we didn't overpay. Wright is very average.
So, you're saying he's a big upgrade, right?  This isn't a guy who should take Claiborne off our draft list, but he still strikes me as a very solid addition.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #40 : March 14, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »

I don't think some folks realize what a good signing this is.

I'd still like us to sign Richard Marshall too though. Otherwise, Myron Lewis will still play a large role this year and that sucks.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 14, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »

I'd still like us to sign Richard Marshall too though. Otherwise, Myron Lewis will still play a large role this year and that sucks.

Lewis isn't playing over Gaitor or Biggers unless he impresses.

stormsct

Starter

« #42 : March 14, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »

Unless the new DB coach can get something out of him. Who knows, it may just have been the coaching that was the problem.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 14, 2012, 08:36:01 AM »

would Tracy Porter have been better? Or Richard Marshall?
Porter?  IMO, yes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #44 : March 14, 2012, 08:36:33 AM »

I'd be happy with Wright, Marshall, Biggers, Gaitor, and a rookie.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Eric Wright first deal of day...Tampa Bay « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools