Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, QB Dan Orlovski agree to 1 yr deal « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#105 : June 11, 2012, 05:00:56 PM

LOL , so true. The day Carpenter throws for 350 against Little Sisters of the Poor , much less an NFL team , will be a cold day in hell.

He threw for over 400 in his first start as a freshman against Washington. Wasn't against a prevent defense either....and they probably had a better secondary than the Patriots did last year.

People can talk about "challenging Freeman"....but honestly, a first round QB who is making millions of dollars shouldn't need any more of a challenge. He shouldn't need to be on the hot seat to finally decide that he wants to lose weight or quit drinking and clubbing throughout the week. I do agree that it's pretty pathetic that Dominick is just going to stick all his eggs in that basket and avoid possible competition for him, even releasing good QB's to do it. But at the end of the day, I just want a QB that can win football games. If Freeman stinks it up this year, we still need to win football games...not just throw in the towel every week with a clown at QB who is going to run out of the back of the end zone and get safeties. Lets hope that Freeman has the skills and has his head on straight enough for it not to matter.

You are a hoot. Go back to freshman in college against Washington as proof. Come in, when you typed that you must have realized how dumb it sounded. Also, what good QB did we let go? If you say Carpenter, I am going to have to call you an idiot. I don't want to, but if you keep making stupid comments.

I found that comment ridiculous also.

I was clearly talking about throwing for 350 in an NFL game.  To go back and claim throwing for 400 against Wash University is equal/better than doing it against the SuperBowl bound New England Patriots is laughable.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#106 : June 11, 2012, 05:27:06 PM

Should have just grabbed Pat Devlin while we had a chance. With so many QBs on the Dolphins roster, he'll probably get thrown back on the practice squad. We should grab him if so. That guy has way more potential than Orlovsky.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#107 : June 11, 2012, 05:55:39 PM

LOL , so true. The day Carpenter throws for 350 against Little Sisters of the Poor , much less an NFL team , will be a cold day in hell.

He threw for over 400 in his first start as a freshman against Washington. Wasn't against a prevent defense either....and they probably had a better secondary than the Patriots did last year.

People can talk about "challenging Freeman"....but honestly, a first round QB who is making millions of dollars shouldn't need any more of a challenge. He shouldn't need to be on the hot seat to finally decide that he wants to lose weight or quit drinking and clubbing throughout the week. I do agree that it's pretty pathetic that Dominick is just going to stick all his eggs in that basket and avoid possible competition for him, even releasing good QB's to do it. But at the end of the day, I just want a QB that can win football games. If Freeman stinks it up this year, we still need to win football games...not just throw in the towel every week with a clown at QB who is going to run out of the back of the end zone and get safeties. Lets hope that Freeman has the skills and has his head on straight enough for it not to matter.

You are a hoot. Go back to freshman in college against Washington as proof. Come in, when you typed that you must have realized how dumb it sounded. Also, what good QB did we let go? If you say Carpenter, I am going to have to call you an idiot. I don't want to, but if you keep making stupid comments.

I was clearly talking about throwing for 350 in an NFL game.  To go back and claim throwing for 400 against Wash University is equal/better than doing it against the SuperBowl bound New England Patriots is laughable.

Quite a jump going from "couldn't throw for that against 'Little Sisters of the Poor'" to "Couldn't throw for 350 in an NFL game". You made an exaggerated statement, I proved it wrong. Admit defeat and move on.

As for you Booker, obviously Carpenter is the "better QB" I was talking about, as I alluded to earlier in this thread. He is more accurate, has better anticipation, and is more intelligent than Freeman(as I said, the 3 most important attributes for a QB in today's NFL). He isn't on the team anymore so i'm not all that worried about it...it simply serves the point that Dominick is getting rid of better QB's just to give "his" QB a free ride.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#108 : June 11, 2012, 06:13:16 PM

Quite a jump going from "couldn't throw for that against 'Little Sisters of the Poor'" to "Couldn't throw for 350 in an NFL game". You made an exaggerated statement, I proved it wrong. Admit defeat and move on.

As for you Booker, obviously Carpenter is the "better QB" I was talking about, as I alluded to earlier in this thread. He is more accurate, has better anticipation, and is more intelligent than Freeman(as I said, the 3 most important attributes for a QB in today's NFL). He isn't on the team anymore so i'm not all that worried about it...it simply serves the point that Dominick is getting rid of better QB's just to give "his" QB a free ride.

Wrong . I made an obvious joke , and you made a ridiculous counter-argument.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bookert1905

Starter
#109 : June 11, 2012, 06:18:58 PM

good lord you are nuts. You could ask a thousand football people and one thousand who ask you Rudy carpenter who? Even in bizarro world where Abe Lincoln hunts vampires, freeman is still a better QB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#110 : June 11, 2012, 06:27:05 PM

Abraham Lincoln hunted vampires in real life! It's true!

Bookert1905

Starter
#111 : June 11, 2012, 06:27:28 PM

So let's break down the things he's better at. Intelligence? Rudy scored a 22 on wonderlic, josh a 27. Winner? Freeman. Accuracy? Rudy 61.57 in college, josh a 60.5 in pros. Winner Josh. Anticipation? Have never seen Rudy play nfl because he's terrible. Winner? Josh

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#112 : June 11, 2012, 07:34:00 PM

Should have just grabbed Pat Devlin while we had a chance. With so many QBs on the Dolphins roster, he'll probably get thrown back on the practice squad. We should grab him if so. That guy has way more potential than Orlovsky.

I'll jump out on a limb and say Devlin will never put up the numbers Orlovsky has/will in his NFL career.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#113 : June 11, 2012, 07:35:08 PM

ok?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#114 : June 11, 2012, 09:44:26 PM

devlin and carpenter?  whats this world coming to?  i think there are many guys that would be legitimate backup QB's...but those 2 guys dont fit the bill imo.  i did like carpenter as a #3.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#115 : June 11, 2012, 10:05:20 PM

I just thought Devlin was a top 10 QB and was surprised to see him go undrafted. Who knows if he will be any good in the NFL. I'd just like to have brought him in for a looksy. The kid has potential in my eyes.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, QB Dan Orlovski agree to 1 yr deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools