Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OFFICIAL "FA Signing Introductory Press Conference" Thread - 1PM EST - « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

blackfoot

Starter
#75 : March 14, 2012, 01:51:26 PM

MD plays poker-no?

trollslayer

Second String

#76 : March 14, 2012, 01:55:58 PM

I can't fathom anyone looking at that defense we had on the field last year and saying...hmmmm, all we need is Eric Wright.

Seriously?

I'm pleased with V Jax and Nicks for sure, but that was with the assumption we would add more vets on defense. I mean, we have the worst line backing unit in the NFL. How could that not need improvement beyond a mid-round draft pick???
i think dom and schiano are smart enough to know this we should be ecstatic we got any of these players. I was actually hoping we would get Garcon but we got VJ for only roughly 5 million more after seeing that i was very happy i dont know if garcon has proved he is worth top 5 WR numbers just yet. We may have just signed what coud end up being the 0-lineman in buc history. those 2 alone should make for an amazing day 1 of FA. the wright pick was a little out of left field but i have been watching some highlights on this guy one thing is apparent he is conistent and makes plays and produces. this right here makes up for the last 2 seasons when we did virtually nothing so besides the draft i believe dom and schiano are looking very closely on what they can do to improve the defense. just be happy

bigbucco

Rookie

#77 : March 14, 2012, 02:03:42 PM

One look at our depth chart at cornerback should tell any Bucs fan how desperately we need 2-3 players. There's no guarantees Claiborne, Talib and Ronde will even be available.

However, it's possible to be happy about Eric Wright and still question whether or not we overpaid for him.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 14, 2012, 02:05:35 PM

You always are going to have some damn negatine Nancy's that try and rain on your parade.. :P

The defense is an easy fix when healthy and you add some draft pieces to it...

Move Foster over and get a healthy McCoy and Price along with Clayborn and Bowers and the coaching makes up for most of the bad play because just in 2010 we had 10 wins with the same players..  The coaching that we have in place is so much better than Raheems crew its like night and day..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#79 : March 14, 2012, 02:05:42 PM

I dont think they are done yet. They still have plenty of cap room.

DailyRich68

Starter
#80 : March 14, 2012, 02:28:03 PM

I was struck by how all three mentioned Schiano in talking about the process of coming here.  I don't think we can underestimate his role in pulling off these signings.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#81 : March 14, 2012, 02:31:51 PM

I was struck by how all three mentioned Schiano in talking about the process of coming here.  I don't think we can underestimate his role in pulling off these signings.

Ive heard that he was always close to getting big recruits to go to Rutgers but always had a big school come in a get them before they committed. Sounds like hes got some influence or sales skills.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#82 : March 14, 2012, 02:32:38 PM

I dont think they are done yet. They still have plenty of cap room.

Not by a long shot...  I think more like a "six pack" of FAs.

Ample cap room available, and there were over 600+ free agents this year.

I see us signing a MLB, some defensive backfield help, and 3-4 other 2nd or 3rd teir players.

I also see Schiano cleaning house THIS season.

Look for at least 8 new starters this year.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#83 : March 14, 2012, 02:40:53 PM

Ive heard that he was always close to getting big recruits to go to Rutgers but always had a big school come in a get them before they committed. Sounds like hes got some influence or sales skills.

I heard that too Rich...  Also...

Balla.......  I don't really see Schiano as a big "dog and pony" kind of guy.  Some guys just command the attention and respect that they do.

I truly hope Schiano's THAT GUY...!  On this day...  I believe.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#84 : March 14, 2012, 02:42:42 PM

Agree, suddenly free agents want to come here. My man Schiano can recruit!

Patrick9

Practice Squad
#85 : March 14, 2012, 05:37:21 PM

Vince sounds like an intelligent guy

V-Jax never got a grade lower than an A in high school and was accepted to Columbia.  He definitely is intelligent.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OFFICIAL "FA Signing Introductory Press Conference" Thread - 1PM EST - « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools