Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i guess we are done in FA « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 14, 2012, 01:59:32 PM

I didn't take his comment as us being done, it was more a "We can take our foot of the gas a bit and slow down meaning they can look down the road a bt more."
We will still be active but not going all out.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 14, 2012, 02:01:16 PM

I dont think were done yet either but it wouldnt surprise me if they wanted to save some money for next year. I could see them sign some other guys later on.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 14, 2012, 02:05:38 PM

Some people are never satisfied

I am happy. Surprised. Excited. Grateful.

But not satisfied. This team still has big holes to fill. Guess we gotta wait and see how they plan to fill them.

I won't be fully satisfied until we are back in the SB.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 14, 2012, 02:07:15 PM

Some people are never satisfied

I am happy. Surprised. Excited. Grateful.

But not satisfied. This team still has big holes to fill. Guess we gotta wait and see how they plan to fill them.

I won't be fully satisfied until we are back in the SB.

Agree. Im very happy with what we got. Just think we need to address LB badly. They were the biggest reason our defense stunk last year.

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#19 : March 14, 2012, 02:07:50 PM

LB was and still is the greatest need for this team......Lofton is more of a necessity than Jackson and Nicks (they are more luxury).......Get Lofton down here and get one more deal done Dom......

GITM Approved.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 14, 2012, 02:10:01 PM

LB was and still is the greatest need for this team......Lofton is more of a necessity than Jackson and Nicks (they are more luxury).......Get Lofton down here and get one more deal done Dom......

GITM Approved.

Agree. If they do that then they can sleep knowing they addressed their biggest need. They cant just close up shop now. Theyve already crossed the line of no return.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 14, 2012, 02:11:21 PM

I dont think were done yet either but it wouldnt surprise me if they wanted to save some money for next year. I could see them sign some other guys later on.
2013 FA class looks incredibly weak. I'd be content with Hawthrone, Nelson, and Sims. Three solid role players to go with Wright. Would leave us cap room to spare when we cut Faine and Winslow.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#22 : March 14, 2012, 02:12:46 PM

I'd like to keep Winslow with Jackson on board

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 14, 2012, 02:12:58 PM

Stick a fork in the turkey peeps.  Time to focus on the draft unless there are some FA bargains scooped up.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 14, 2012, 02:14:53 PM

Im sure they are just letting the market settle a bit. Try to find a bargain at LB or RB. Which I guess isnt impossible and our LB and back up RBs were so bad that almost anybody is an upgrade. Which is sad.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#25 : March 14, 2012, 02:46:25 PM

I'm sorry, Bucs fans are supposed to be kissing the ownership's ass now that they have gotten up to a whopping 85ish% (are we at 85 yet?) of the cap?  Happy they are finally spending some money to try and put a good product on the field, but this "see, they are good owners", "what more do you people want", and "some people are never happy" mentality is weak imo.  As is the GM throwing down the mike on stage and getting in his b-boy stance at the end of the presser today.  There are still LOTS of players who could help this franchise win next season and beyond on the market.  To give off the impression that we're not going to even contact them (or only if no one else does and we can get them under market, which is the positive spin assumption) with 20 mil left to spend?  We've gotten better at 3 positions.  Significantly so at 2 for sure.  Good START to rebuilding the trainwreck that was last season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i guess we are done in FA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools