Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: March 14, 2012, 06:08:33 PM

just said Trent Richardson should be our pick.  We need toughness....keep up offensively with Saints and Panthers....Schiano will love him....best talent avail.....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 14, 2012, 06:10:19 PM

I'm really not looking forward to seeing our secondary getting shredded right and left

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#2 : March 14, 2012, 06:11:47 PM

I just watched that too. We need Morris Claiborne at cornerback. We can still get a good RB in free agency (Tolbert, Hillis) or later in the draft (Martin, Wilson, etc). I wouldn't be pissed if we took Richardson but I just don't think it's necessary at #5.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 14, 2012, 06:12:17 PM

same here. Im not sold on TR.....especially at #5 for a HB not named AP

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 14, 2012, 06:12:45 PM

It wouldnt surprise me at this point.  I would still prefer Claiborne and take a RB in the 2nd round or 3rd round

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#5 : March 14, 2012, 06:13:30 PM

same here. Im not sold on TR.....especially at #5 for a HB not named AP

Yeah, plus it's a passing league now. The value of a RB is way less with most offenses.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 14, 2012, 06:14:18 PM

"Done deal".......

"No Brainer" to me...  I guarantee TR's ours at #5.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 14, 2012, 06:16:23 PM

I just watched that too. We need Morris Claiborne at cornerback. We can still get a good RB in free agency (Tolbert, Hillis) or later in the draft (Martin, Wilson, etc). I wouldn't be pissed if we took Richardson but I just don't think it's necessary at #5.

You might not be pissed but I would.  Claiborne projects to be a better CB than Trent does to be at RB, CB is a higher value position, and CB is a real need for us.  drafting Richardson would be little better than throwing a pick in the trash.  Wasting it on something you could be getting the same results out of by getting a back to pair with Blount in the mid rounds or FA.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 14, 2012, 06:18:40 PM

Is that vinyl suit photoshopped? Good lawd!!!

The quest for .500 begins...

The Joker

Rookie

#9 : March 14, 2012, 06:34:19 PM

I think Claiborne is the best pick but I wouldn't be upset with Richardson either if that's they way the team went. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : March 14, 2012, 06:36:50 PM

Need to figure what Ronde and Talib's status is before we know about fifth pick. Agree w/ Joker. Def need someone other than Blount in the backfield part of the time.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#11 : March 14, 2012, 06:48:39 PM

I'll play devils' advocate for a second. Let's just say they do draft Richardson at #5 it's still a deep CB pool in this draft in terms of talent. There's definitely good corners to be had in the 2nd and later. Barber's decision and Talib trial obviously factor into the decision but I'm just saying.

In an ideal world: Morris Claiborne (1st round), Doug Martin (2nd round). I'd rather have starting caliber CB and a #2 RB versus a #1RB and a CB that's a possible starter but may need time to grow into that role.

Schiano has made it very clear he wants to run the ball. I don't think Blount is that guy right now so unless we get help (Tolbert/Hillis) Richardson at #5 has some legs.
: March 14, 2012, 06:53:50 PM bucfan26

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#12 : March 14, 2012, 06:50:49 PM

Blount sucks.    If they can't sign Hillis, they may be forced to pick Richardson.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 14, 2012, 06:53:23 PM

They just had the results of the NFLN poll...43% say Richardson at #5 should happen.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 14, 2012, 06:54:46 PM

How many who say they wouldn't use the #5 pick on a RB not named AP actually called for AP to be the Bucs pick when he coming out? Its so hindsight....anybody can do that.

I honestly haven't watched enough TR to say he's worth the pick but I do remember being a huge AP fan when he was a Sooner and hoping like hell that the Bucs would've drafted him....I remember the knock on him at the time was he was injury prone and wouldn't hold up to NFL rigors. Where are those experts now?

To qualify this further, I don't know that TR SHOULD be the pick being that Tampa didn't go "full-Snyder" and pick up a #1 CB so if I were a betting man, I'd say Claiborne is the guy should he be there at #5....but a part of me would like to see TR be the pick.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools