Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#15 : March 14, 2012, 06:55:35 PM

They just had the results of the NFLN poll...43% say Richardson at #5 should happen.

I don't think it's out of the question we take him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 14, 2012, 06:57:33 PM

I say if Claiborne and Kalil are gone then you have a few options. Trade down if somebody really wants Tannehill or Blackmon, draft Richardson or draft Blackmon and trade a WR(Benn for a 4th??) I dunno. Just throwing ideas out there if that is the scenario.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : March 14, 2012, 07:00:38 PM

They just had the results of the NFLN poll...43% say Richardson at #5 should happen.

I don't think it's out of the question we take him.

I don't think most of these people understand our big problems on defense - especially the backfield......do they talk about how our team gave up a lot of big play TDs, couldn't seem to tackle, and now with Talib/Barber possibly gone? Sure, new coaching staff, and hopefully healthy McCoy, Price and a more experienced Foster. I'd love to see Richardson in pewter and red, but unfortunately, DB is our biggest problem.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 14, 2012, 07:06:30 PM

Not sure how Barber, Biggers, Lewis, Gaitor, and Mack scare anyone.  alib is a ballhawk, but he is a numbnut moron goon who should go to prison just for his own good.  He is going to get himself killed one day, or worse, somebody else...he is that stupid I believe.

And there isn't a lot of faith in our new corner, except the faith given by Mark Dominik and a few posters here and there.  I am not sold on him yet.  I will wait before I call him Toast, or say he sucks.  He did well at one point, but he hasnt done much lately...

Cornerback issue is massive.  Dont address it soon, and they will get lit up again, promise that.  Espescially since we still lack a pass rush. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 14, 2012, 07:27:28 PM

I think Claiborne / Martin is the better value with our first two picks.

I sure wish we'd sign Tolbert though in case we don't end up getting Richardson or Martin.
: March 14, 2012, 07:29:35 PM JDouble

spartan

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 14, 2012, 07:56:42 PM

Right now I think our biggest need is LB.

I think we will go Claiborne though in rd1 unless Kalil drops, then go LB in rd2. The only way that changes IMO is if we can trade down then Kuechly is on the radar. I don't think anyone is as dumb as Atlanta was last year so the only trade up I envisage is a panic move for Tannenhill.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 14, 2012, 07:58:54 PM

I am disappointed to hear Dom say we are done with Free Agency. We need a RB and a LB. Period. Doesn't matter who we draft. We still need a veteran LB and RB.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 14, 2012, 08:10:40 PM

Don't disagree JDub but I formed the thought that he was talking about big name type FA. Bring in a few 2nd tier, probably, otherwise why release Faine?

MasterC25

Starter
#23 : March 14, 2012, 08:12:22 PM

Blount is not a starting back. Trent Richardson will be a best for the next 10 plus yrs and give the fan base a better version of Dunn/Alstott

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 14, 2012, 08:14:09 PM

I am disappointed to hear Dom say we are done with Free Agency. We need a RB and a LB. Period. Doesn't matter who we draft. We still need a veteran LB and RB.

I couldn't agree more.  Why would he say we are done with Free Agency.  Prices are just starting to drop and it would be a great time to pick up a LB or two and one of the RB out there.  This team definitely needs some competition.

bigbucco

Rookie

#25 : March 14, 2012, 08:14:35 PM

Don't forget that Cleveland could take either a) Richardson OR b) Claiborne, as they a) have a huge need at tailback, and b) Holmgren has a history of collecting cornerbacks.

I think the Bucs have set themselves up nicely to be able to react no matter what happens in the first round.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 14, 2012, 08:15:51 PM

a big question is what if Cleveland takes Claiborne?  are we going to draft Blackmon after signing Jackson?  Reach for Reiff or Kueckly?  Take a boom or bust prospect like Poe or Coples? 

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 14, 2012, 08:17:19 PM

I think Claiborne / Martin is the better value with our first two picks.

I sure wish we'd sign Tolbert though in case we don't end up getting Richardson or Martin.

Claiborne and Martin makes too much sense. I don't see how that's not the best route to take.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 14, 2012, 08:20:34 PM

a big question is what if Cleveland takes Claiborne?  are we going to draft Blackmon after signing Jackson?  Reach for Reiff or Kueckly?  Take a boom or bust prospect like Poe or Coples?

If Cleveland takes Claiborne then either trade back or take Richardson. Didn't Dom already mention he's open to trading back. Seems to me like if a GM mentions something like that, then it is definitely something that he is strongly considering.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 14, 2012, 08:38:19 PM

I've read on multiple sites that the consensus is that this draft lacks elite talent at the top....so I doubt anyone will want to trade up. We are unfortunately stuck at #5 in a draft with no elite talent. If you believe this to be true, then I say you look at the top 10 guys and take the one who makes the most sense.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools