Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 14, 2012, 08:41:36 PM

i would hope we would trade back, but i wouldnt be surprised if we took someone as a reach in that spot. i would ideally love to trade back a little and grab extra 2s and 3s. assuming we cant get claiborne

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 14, 2012, 08:43:43 PM

Whether or not the Bucs are done with FA (and I contend that they will still sign some more guys when the dust and prices settle) it was a smart thing for Mark to say. It sends a message to the players the Bucs may be interested in not to price themselves out of a job, and it limits the chances that agents can use implied big money from the Bucs to drive up salaries with other teams.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 14, 2012, 08:44:24 PM

It will be interesting to see if the Bucs draft a "feature" back like Richardson, or draft a CB, which seems to be a far greater need. Even a top-tier LB, if there's one out there worth a 5th pick. Blount will be a far tougher runner with Nicks leading the way. Our middle has been hopeless on 3rd and 1 for years; they all too frequently go BACKWARDS once the ball is snapped. There are better backup RB's available in free agency than Lumpkin, who was "servicable" at best in his time here.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 14, 2012, 08:59:12 PM

I've read on multiple sites that the consensus is that this draft lacks elite talent at the top....so I doubt anyone will want to trade up. We are unfortunately stuck at #5 in a draft with no elite talent. If you believe this to be true, then I say you look at the top 10 guys and take the one who makes the most sense.

Count me as one who believes this to be true.  After the top three the dropoff is immediate.  I would really like Reiff, he would round out and provide long term talent on the line for us, but I can see Claiborne and then Martin as a very solid route.  Richardson is just overrated and Blount is seriously underrated.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#34 : March 14, 2012, 09:02:35 PM

I'd be ecstatic with TR or Claiborne.

My current preference is Claiborne, though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 14, 2012, 09:06:40 PM

I've read on multiple sites that the consensus is that this draft lacks elite talent at the top....so I doubt anyone will want to trade up. We are unfortunately stuck at #5 in a draft with no elite talent. If you believe this to be true, then I say you look at the top 10 guys and take the one who makes the most sense.

Count me as one who believes this to be true.  After the top three the dropoff is immediate.  I would really like Reiff, he would round out and provide long term talent on the line for us, but I can see Claiborne and then Martin as a very solid route.  Richardson is just overrated and Blount is seriously underrated.

Yeah, I wouldn't pigeon hole us into taking two or three guys if we are stuck at #5. If Kalil and Claiborne are gone, Blackmon and Richardson ARE NOT undeniably elite talents that we have to take. We could easily look at other guys like Kuechly, Kirkpatrick, Reiff, Jonathan Martin, or even Mark Barron. It really depends on what the Bucs internal board looks like, but if they have any of these guys rated as high as Blackmon or Richardson...I can see us going a totally different direction.

I'm not a big fan of Kuechly, but if the Bucs are then it honestly makes more sense to take him than Richardson. We can do whatever we want though. With the new rookie wage cap it really isn't a huge investment anymore which means you can take whatever position you want.
: March 14, 2012, 09:09:03 PM JDouble

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 14, 2012, 09:40:41 PM

I think it ain't up to the Bucs. Good chance either Minny or Clev take one of Claiborne or TR. We WON"T draft Blackmon so it is one of the other 2 or trade down or slightly reach for RR. If TR and Claiborne are both there at 5, then take the CB as that is a higher value position and Claiborne does appear to be elite. RBs can be had in rounds 2-3

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 14, 2012, 09:43:29 PM

just said Trent Richardson should be our pick.  We need toughness....keep up offensively with Saints and Panthers....Schiano will love him....best talent avail.....

I certainly hope that is the final piece of the puzzle on offense.  Hopefully they can pick up additional defensive help later though I still would like a speed back like James or Rainey  in a later round.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 14, 2012, 09:48:47 PM

I just watched that too. We need Morris Claiborne at cornerback. We can still get a good RB in free agency (Tolbert, Hillis) or later in the draft (Martin, Wilson, etc). I wouldn't be pissed if we took Richardson but I just don't think it's necessary at #5.

You might not be pissed but I would.  Claiborne projects to be a better CB than Trent does to be at RB, CB is a higher value position, and CB is a real need for us.  drafting Richardson would be little better than throwing a pick in the trash.  Wasting it on something you could be getting the same results out of by getting a back to pair with Blount in the mid rounds or FA.

+1

Runole

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 14, 2012, 09:50:03 PM

Blount is not a starting back. Trent Richardson will be a best for the next 10 plus yrs and give the fan base a better version of Dunn/Alstott

agree

Other than Bo Jackson who refused to come to Tampa I believe Richardson would be the first franchise back they have ever drafted with apologies to James Wilder.

What impresses me most about Richardson is versatility to do it all... Run inside, outside, catch passes, block and constantly fight for that extra yard very similar to Walter Peyton except much bigger.  He has got that low to the ground body lean that avoids good solid hits by the defense.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 14, 2012, 09:59:30 PM

If Kalil and Claiborne are gone, I think the pick is Kuechly.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#41 : March 14, 2012, 10:16:17 PM

If Kalil and Claiborne are gone, I think Richardson is the pick

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#42 : March 14, 2012, 10:35:31 PM

If Kalil and Claiborne are gone, I think Richardson is the pick

I hope not, trade down and take Kuechly...

1. Luke Kuechly
2. Alfonzo Dennard.
3a. Lavonte David
3b. LaMichael James  via trade down
4. Vontaze Burfict  via trade down

5. Michael Brewster

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

#43 : March 14, 2012, 10:35:52 PM

Need to figure what Ronde and Talib's status is before we know about fifth pick. Agree w/ Joker. Def need someone other than Blount in the backfield part of the time.

To me, it has no relevance if Barber or Talib ever played another snap or not. Cliaborne is the right pick at #5 if he's there.

#44 : March 14, 2012, 10:41:40 PM

How many who say they wouldn't use the #5 pick on a RB not named AP actually called for AP to be the Bucs pick when he coming out? Its so hindsight....anybody can do that.

I honestly haven't watched enough TR to say he's worth the pick but I do remember being a huge AP fan when he was a Sooner and hoping like hell that the Bucs would've drafted him....I remember the knock on him at the time was he was injury prone and wouldn't hold up to NFL rigors. Where are those experts now?

To qualify this further, I don't know that TR SHOULD be the pick being that Tampa didn't go "full-Snyder" and pick up a #1 CB so if I were a betting man, I'd say Claiborne is the guy should he be there at #5....but a part of me would like to see TR be the pick.

I'm no expert, but I'm right here!

AD's history of injuries were a factor, same as Bowers are to the Bucs. It was a gamble & it turned out that the Vikes made a good choice. But it often goes in the other direction.

Unless TR is GUARANTEED to be the next AD, he's simply not a good choice for the Bucs at #5...sorry.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools