Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

MasterC25

Starter
#60 : March 14, 2012, 11:59:31 PM

Kuechly is, as has been said elsewhere, one of the safest picks in the draft.
That is true.

He is a real football player. That's what I really like about him. While I wouldn't mind him at #5, it would be even better if the Bucs could move down a little and still get him. To me, this is a great draft to move down and pick up more picks.
Do you like him more than Hightower?   

No way Hightower> Kuechly
Went up against better competition in  the SEC is naturally bigger, just as fast, learned under NFL style coach in Saban.
Kuechly will get drafted before Hightower though.

TBChucky

Starter
#61 : March 15, 2012, 04:45:32 AM

I say if Claiborne and Kalil are gone then you have a few options. Trade down if somebody really wants Tannehill or Blackmon, draft Richardson or draft Blackmon and trade a WR(Benn for a 4th??) I dunno. Just throwing ideas out there if that is the scenario.

I was thinking just that. Miami now needs a #1 reciever and a QB. If they want Blackmon they will have to jump the Rams. If they want Tannenhill they may stay put though. If they land Manning there would be extra motivation to land Blackmon..

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#62 : March 15, 2012, 07:15:18 AM

I've read on multiple sites that the consensus is that this draft lacks elite talent at the top....so I doubt anyone will want to trade up. We are unfortunately stuck at #5 in a draft with no elite talent. If you believe this to be true, then I say you look at the top 10 guys and take the one who makes the most sense.

Count me as one who believes this to be true.  After the top three the dropoff is immediate.  I would really like Reiff, he would round out and provide long term talent on the line for us, but I can see Claiborne and then Martin as a very solid route.  Richardson is just overrated and Blount is seriously underrated.

Yeah, I wouldn't pigeon hole us into taking two or three guys if we are stuck at #5. If Kalil and Claiborne are gone, Blackmon and Richardson ARE NOT undeniably elite talents that we have to take. We could easily look at other guys like Kuechly, Kirkpatrick, Reiff, Jonathan Martin, or even Mark Barron. It really depends on what the Bucs internal board looks like, but if they have any of these guys rated as high as Blackmon or Richardson...I can see us going a totally different direction.

I'm not a big fan of Kuechly, but if the Bucs are then it honestly makes more sense to take him than Richardson. We can do whatever we want though. With the new rookie wage cap it really isn't a huge investment anymore which means you can take whatever position you want.

If Luke turns out to be a consensus top ten pick, then he's at about the same spot as TR AFAIC & would be a good pick.
since the combine I am seeing Kuechly now being rated around the 8-12 best player in the draft.  Wouldn't be a huge reach if he's our Brian Urlacher.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#63 : March 15, 2012, 07:25:42 AM

Kuechly is, as has been said elsewhere, one of the safest picks in the draft.
That is true.

He is a real football player. That's what I really like about him. While I wouldn't mind him at #5, it would be even better if the Bucs could move down a little and still get him. To me, this is a great draft to move down and pick up more picks.
Do you like him more than Hightower?   

No way Hightower> Kuechly
Went up against better competition in  the SEC is naturally bigger, just as fast, learned under NFL style coach in Saban.
Kuechly will get drafted before Hightower though.

Its not like BC doesnt play decent competition or produce quality NFL players.  Yes he is bigger but he is not faster.  and 6'3" 242 with room to grow is not small.  Saban is a failed NFL coach and that defense is a 3-4 which is far different than what we play.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 15, 2012, 08:10:34 AM

If Miami ends up signing Matt Flynn, they may want Blackmon and be willing to trade up to get in front of the Rams. Chances are they would stay put and take Michael Floyd though. One way or another, I think it's safe to pencil in a WR to the Dolphins in the first round.....unless they don't get Flynn. Then they would go QB. They might trade up for Tannerhill in that scenario as well. At this point, Miami looks like our only chance of trading back.

If they did want to trade from 8 to 5....I would ask not only for their 2nd rounder, but also one of their two 3rds. Steep price to move a couple spots, but when a team really wants to move up for a certain player on draft day, they will usually overpay to do it.

Draft Aaron Donald

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 15, 2012, 08:26:06 AM

Trade down with Miami for another second. Take Kirkpatrick, David or Ronnell Lewis and a RB in the second, a safety in the third.

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#66 : March 15, 2012, 08:34:31 AM

think Gilmore is a better prospect than Kilpatrick who is at best a slot CB and might have to convert to Safety.  Wouldn't surprise me if he goes before him either.  Thats my draft shocker for you'all.  Also dont think R. Lewis is a good fit for us at all and what Safety is going to be there in the third that would be an upgrade?  Maybe that CB from Montana if you plan to convert him or Harrison Smith if he falls (doubtful).  Nor do I feel David is one of the top 40 players in this draft.  If he's there in the 3rd then fine.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#67 : March 15, 2012, 08:43:52 AM

Richardson vs LSU...this is video isnt full of 70 yard runs...but shows how he is picking up the blitz and helping his QB out...at th :40 mark watch the block he lays

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#68 : March 15, 2012, 08:44:54 AM

OK, so then you're saying we should sign Lofton, take Claiborne (let's assume we don't trade down in this scenario), then hope to get Harrison Smith atop the second? RB in the third?

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#69 : March 15, 2012, 08:48:06 AM

OK, so then you're saying we should sign Lofton, take Claiborne (let's assume we don't trade down in this scenario), then hope to get Harrison Smith atop the second? RB in the third?
that I like.  we could also consider Barron at 36 if he there.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#70 : March 15, 2012, 08:50:38 AM

now Rick Stroud was just on the NFLN saying we should consider TR at #5.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#71 : March 15, 2012, 08:50:44 AM

I'm not convinced Barron's the answer. But not a great year for safeties.

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#72 : March 15, 2012, 08:51:41 AM

I'm not convinced Barron's the answer. But not a great year for safeties.
agreed.  not much range which is needed in today's NFL.  But at least he can tackle.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#73 : March 15, 2012, 08:55:20 AM

now Rick Stroud was just on the NFLN saying we should consider TR at #5.

The writings on the wall...either

1)we are sure Claiborne is gone at 4

or

2) Coach Schiano is winning in the draft war room

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, the three experts on NFLN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools