Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lofton update !!!!!!???? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

: March 15, 2012, 12:41:21 AM

I don't know what's really going on between lofton and whoever but I really want this guy in Tampa ... Latest new I could find ....
 Buccaneers Close to Signing Curtis Lofton

Home Breaking News Buccaneers Close to Signing Curtis Lofton????
Source from pewter plank , march 13, 2012

He was one of their big targets and the Bucs have made their first big splash of free agency. The Buccaneers have signed former Falcons middle linebacker and anchor of the Atlanta defense Curtis Lofton.

The Bucs just significantly weakened the Falcons by stealing away Lofton. Lofton is arguably the heart and soul of one of the better defense in the league last year and if he can port that over to a growing and impressionable Bucs squad its safe to say it will do beyond wonders.

He was one of the premier run stoppers in the league last year, an area that killed the Bucs. If the defensive line fails at any point like it did last year, having a guy like Lofton to serve as a safety net will not only help stop the run but it will take some heat off the front line.

The signing puts to rest fears the the Glazers would be timid in the market and play their signings conservative.

Bringing on Lofton is a brilliant move for the Buccaneers, as not only will he start and immediately contribute, he can mentor Mason Foster who displayed the tools to be a solid middle linebacker last season but not the know-how to grow them.

Plus Bucs fans are potentially going to get the free agent bonanza they have been hoping for as with news the Bears have traded for the Dolphins Brandon Marshall, the teams in need of a big receiver are dwindling and the Bucs willingness to spend is being displayed with this latest signing.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 15, 2012, 12:43:04 AM

that seems way old, bro....he's seeking 9 mil.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 15, 2012, 12:43:49 AM

The date on the article says March 13th. Old.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#3 : March 15, 2012, 12:44:29 AM

Lofton doesn't sound like it is happening. The Bucs liked Eric Wright more I guess. Have no clue why, but they went out and got him.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 15, 2012, 12:45:29 AM

Lofton could still be in the mix...hes just needs to get his head out of the clouds cause he ain't worth 9 million a year.

Dan Connor at 5 mill or (if Foster stays at MLB) Kameron Wimbley at 6 mill is better value then Lofton at 9 mill.

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

#5 : March 15, 2012, 12:47:15 AM

From everything i'm reading and hearing is no one is going to give him that and I hear a lot of sources telling me were still intrested and to expect something in the next 48 hours. Also one of them even thinks lofton will come down to what we want to pay him, which I'm hearing is 6 mill a year with incentives so ....

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

#6 : March 15, 2012, 12:51:10 AM

Danm cheap glazers Hahaha woooooooo glad that's.over with but we NEED lofton , yes I like Hayes and black from the old past days when they both were decent , but you can't tell me a new coaching staff is going to help them tackle, that's not skill its basic fundamentals these two lbs don't have , lofton on the other hand is a thumper and a whole diffrent story then Hayes and black , new staff or not its time to walk the plank black and Hayes , u had your days....

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 15, 2012, 12:51:54 AM

So you have sources with the bucs new regime? Just askin...

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 15, 2012, 12:52:47 AM

Who are your sources?? :o

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

#9 : March 15, 2012, 01:00:20 AM

Ive said it before id love to give mah sources away but then they wouldn't be mah sources and I'm kinda aspiring to be a beat writer so I could use a job down the road with them maybe,ya feel me ... Sorry its not incaracarated bob although he says to expect something in the next 48 too so hmmmm wel see , still hoping gmac recruiting effort gets lofton , been talking with gmac and he tried to get reggie nelson to come down here with lofton , Gerald says he's still trying on lofton , but said nelson is intrested elsewhere ... Take it for what its worth but im not buying doms were done speach , I still see something , just hoping its lofton then were set , were good now don't get me wrong but not set.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 15, 2012, 01:02:37 AM

Well damn...I hope you're right, bro!

What eltse did you predict here? I seem to remember you.

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

#11 : March 15, 2012, 01:08:07 AM

Oh yea Beatles I was daeraofrara , broke a lot of news on here as I gathered it from mah sources, that's before i changed mah name do to the implosion Hahaha uhh still feel bad for rah as he didn't get to spend money, scapegoat? Oh well thats another story but yes I used to be a fluid poster , starting over now under a new name cuz the  morris era is over ... Just don't think that whole season was his fault but he took the blame ... Moving on shianooooooooo baby ! Legggo Buccs

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 15, 2012, 01:10:16 AM

So who is the one the Bucs wanna target for backup QB?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 15, 2012, 01:15:18 AM

It's wasn't Nelson, I tweeted @geraldini93 and told him to recruit Reggie Smith and Lofton to the Bucs cuz they all went to Oklahoma, but yeah bob said look for something in the next 48 so we'll see I guess!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#14 : March 15, 2012, 01:18:24 AM

Ive said it before id love to give mah sources away but then they wouldn't be mah sources and I'm kinda aspiring to be a beat writer so I could use a job down the road with them maybe,ya feel me ... Sorry its not incaracarated bob although he says to expect something in the next 48 too so hmmmm wel see , still hoping gmac recruiting effort gets lofton , been talking with gmac and he tried to get reggie nelson to come down here with lofton , Gerald says he's still trying on lofton , but said nelson is intrested elsewhere ... Take it for what its worth but im not buying doms were done speach , I still see something , just hoping its lofton then were set , were good now don't get me wrong but not set.

I truly don't mean to be a total **CENSORED** bag here, but I simply couldn't resist.  If you have designs on becoming a beat writer, wouldn't it behoove you to learn basic sentence structure and spelling?  Just saying...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lofton update !!!!!!???? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools