Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lofton update !!!!!!???? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 15, 2012, 09:09:42 AM

To me Lb is/was the biggest need and Lofton would instantly be my favorite signing. Hell if we are keeping Foster at MLB why not go after Erin Henderson highly rated and young Olb only a 1 year starter though!

LB is about Defensive line play. Foster was better when our D-line was healthy and he'll be much better next year if they can stay healthy. That being said we still need to add at least one more starting LB from FA or draft. I can tolerate Hayes but I'm tired of sticking up for Quincy, he doesn't deserve a starting spot on this roster or any roster IMO.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 15, 2012, 09:12:09 AM

I agree wholehearted but we still could stand to upgrade/add comp!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 15, 2012, 09:15:51 AM

Heard McCoy and Davin are putting the full court press on Lofton to get him here in Tampa. If I was Lofton I'd be pissed at myself and my agent for over valuing his contact demands.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 15, 2012, 09:26:01 AM

Yeah, McCoy tweeted yesterday it was a misunderstanding and that Lofton wasn't an Eagle yet.

Dat be mah latst nuws.

Lol, yals is ignant.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 15, 2012, 09:29:19 AM

If I was Lofton I'd be pissed at myself and my agent for over valuing his contact demands.

you mean for trying to get the best deal possible?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 15, 2012, 09:34:50 AM

Heard McCoy and Davin are putting the full court press on Lofton to get him here in Tampa. If I was Lofton I'd be pissed at myself and my agent for over valuing his contact demands.

Somewhat.  Its their job to inflate their value and get them the best deal possible, but they did fail to estimate his value anywhere near the real value of MLB compared to the past couple years.  They over sold him for sure.  I expect as reality hits these guys, we'll see them start to sign tomorrow and into next week before the money completely runs out.  I'm thinking the real value for MLB is 3 years 15 mil - which is a far cry from his (allegedly) 9 mil/yr expectation.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 15, 2012, 09:35:27 AM

Ive said it before id love to give mah sources away but then they wouldn't be mah sources and I'm kinda aspiring to be a beat writer so I could use a job down the road with them maybe,ya feel me ... Sorry its not incaracarated bob although he says to expect something in the next 48 too so hmmmm wel see , still hoping gmac recruiting effort gets lofton , been talking with gmac and he tried to get reggie nelson to come down here with lofton , Gerald says he's still trying on lofton , but said nelson is intrested elsewhere ... Take it for what its worth but im not buying doms were done speach , I still see something , just hoping its lofton then were set , were good now don't get me wrong but not set.

If thats your desire hope you follow it hrough. I'd make sure to take some journalism and writing classes :)

The Joker

Rookie

#37 : March 15, 2012, 09:42:17 AM

I sure hope we are not done in free agency and that Lofton comes down on his price and becomes a Buccaneer.  If that were to happen this would be the best free agency period in Buccaneer history in my opinion. 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 15, 2012, 10:15:03 AM

If I was Lofton I'd be pissed at myself and my agent for over valuing his contact demands.

you mean for trying to get the best deal possible?

There is a difference between getting the best deal and over valuing your market. Lofton's agent thought the Bucs would be foolish enough to over pay for his services. They were wrong and are finding out the real market value now.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 15, 2012, 10:17:59 AM

There is a difference between getting the best deal and over valuing your market. Lofton's agent thought the Bucs would be foolish enough to over pay for his services. They were wrong and are finding out the real market value now.

so whats the big deal?  they swung for the fences and missed.  nothing lost that i can tell.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 15, 2012, 10:28:19 AM

so whats the big deal?  they swung for the fences and missed.  nothing lost that i can tell.

The deal is to me that Lofton is not a Buc. And everyday that goes by he will make less and less. Lofton was trying for Patrick Willis money.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 15, 2012, 10:32:07 AM

I think he will wise up and still end up being a buc

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 15, 2012, 10:36:27 AM

The deal is to me that Lofton is not a Buc. And everyday that goes by he will make less and less. Lofton was trying for Patrick Willis money.

if lofton just wanted to be a Buc, he'd be one.  he wants to get paid.  and the market for MLB hasnt really been set, has it?  i just dont know how anyone can say he made a mistake...no one knows a thing about his FA.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 15, 2012, 05:31:05 PM

from bob to me

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob

Favorite
    Open

@bizkitlimped Bucs had Lofton ready to sign on Tuesday but he passed.. New offer made today by the Bucs (Lofton will think on it)

as of a few minutes ago.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 15, 2012, 05:34:04 PM

GET IT DONE!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lofton update !!!!!!???? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools