Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Draft Luke Kuechly Thread: The Mountain Man Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 34

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

: March 15, 2012, 04:23:15 PM

Were not married to that No. 5 spot, Dominik said on ProFootballTalk Live to host Mike Florio today. Were open for business.-Dom

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-first-draft/09000d5d82773775/First-Draft-Luke-Kuechly

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/09000d5d827426d2/Kuechly-reflects-on-combine

One of the players that continues to generate interest, and a player that Mayock knows well, is linebacker Luke Kuechly of Boston College. Mayock, an alum of Boston College himself, had glowing words about Kuechly, calling him the best inside linebacker prospect in the draft, and cited his phenomenal production. Further, Mayock suggested that Kuechly is a better athlete than most believe him to be.-Mike Mayock

Luke Kuechly headlines all ACC players on Mel Kiper's and Todd McShay's draft boards this week, coming in at No. 7 and No. 8, respectively. The Boston College linebacker jumped two spots on Kiper's 25-man Big Board and one spot on McShay's 32-man draft board , and he is immediately followed by North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples on each board.-

Even if we can't trade down, with the new rookie wage scale, it's not a financial burden to take a LB that high. He is a top 10 player, is he really a reach at 5, if he can anchor our D for the next 12-15 years, would you pull the trigger?

The biggest knock on him was his athleticism; Combine put to rest those concerns. 

Combine:    Luke Kuechly   
         Height        6'3   
         Weight        242   
         40 time        4.58   
         Vertical Jump 38 inches   
         Broad Jump 123 inches

Discuss...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 15, 2012, 04:24:28 PM

A great option in a trade down sceanrio.....

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#2 : March 15, 2012, 04:32:03 PM

Yes a 100 times, and if we don't trade down?

I'd still pick him, rookie wage scale negates any discussion about value, so with the new rookie wage scale, and the depth at RB & CB. Do you pull the trigger on our biggest need. The FA's we brought in make LB the biggest position of need.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 15, 2012, 04:35:42 PM

It would be a great concept to get a blue chip defensive QB after the offseason put together here, wouldn't take him over Claiborne but definately my #2 defensive player on the Bucs board.

Brianpie2

Second String

#4 : March 15, 2012, 04:40:25 PM

I'll be honest I never really took the time to check this kid out.  But wow am I impressed.  He seems like the protypical guy that Schiano wants here in Tampa.  I dont know if it just a knee jerk reaction but I am starting to really like this kid.  Well I wouldnt say kid.  He seems like a grown man that we wouldn't have to worry about getting tazed at a night club lol.  I would not mind one bit having him in the middle of this defense.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#5 : March 15, 2012, 04:40:28 PM

It would be a great concept to get a blue chip defensive QB after the offseason put together here, wouldn't take him over Claiborne but definately my #2 defensive player on the Bucs board.

So, if Claiborne is off the board and the following players( Blackmon, Richardson ) are still there would you pick Kuechly?

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#6 : March 15, 2012, 04:42:26 PM

I'll be honest I never really took the time to check this kid out.  But wow am I impressed.  He seems like the protypical guy that Schiano wants here in Tampa.  I dont know if it just a knee jerk reaction but I am starting to really like this kid.  Well I wouldnt say kid.  He seems like a grown man that we wouldn't have to worry about getting tazed at a night club lol.  I would not mind one bit having him in the middle of this defense.

We already have a QB on Offense, why not get our QB on Defense. This guy is a beast...or as some would say a "Baller."

Brianpie2

Second String

#7 : March 15, 2012, 04:42:59 PM

^^^ it would be a tough decision at that point I would think.  The guy just seems to have a will and want to be great in life.  And I think that is a very important part of success in anything.

dean youngblood

Starter

#8 : March 15, 2012, 04:51:27 PM

I would still pick him at 5. He's not worth it but still....I really like this guy. I feel like he will only get better.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#9 : March 15, 2012, 04:51:32 PM

Current LB Roster:

49   Balogun, Mike   LB   6-0   247   28    R   
58   Black, Quincy   LB   6-2   240   28    6   
45   Curran, Rennie   LB   5-11   230   23    2
51   Cutrera, Jacob   LB   6-3   238   23    3
59   Foster, Mason   LB   6-2   242   23    2
57   Hayward, Adam   LB   6-1   240   27    6
56   Watson, Dekoda   LB   6-2   240   24    3
48   Economos, Andrew   LS   6-1   250   29    7   

It's clear we need to retool our LB crop.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 15, 2012, 04:58:32 PM

Yes a 100 times, and if we don't trade down?

I'd still pick him, rookie wage scale negates any discussion about value, so with the new rookie wage scale, and the depth at RB & CB. Do you pull the trigger on our biggest need. The FA's we brought in make LB the biggest position of need.

If Claiborne is gone, I am OK with him at #5.  He would solidfy the position for years but we would need to understand he would go through some rookie growing pains trying to master the defense and get everyone alligned properly.  I would definitely take him over Reiff.  I would then love Miller or Martin in the 2nd round

yungbull

Starter
#11 : March 15, 2012, 04:59:10 PM

Viewed a few of his vids and read a couple analysis recently.  And as much as I don't see us passing up on Trent/Claiborne, I wouldn't be upset if we selected him.  Along with his measurables and tackling ability, he's a leader, hardworker and a true MLB.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 15, 2012, 05:00:33 PM

God no. Ultimate reach pick. Wasn't this covered already that they are content with Foster at MLB? If so, we can look for a WLB in the latter.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#13 : March 15, 2012, 05:07:23 PM

God no. Ultimate reach pick. Wasn't this covered already that they are content with Foster at MLB? If so, we can look for a WLB in the latter.
Rookie wage scale negates any financial discussion. So, what's your input on why he's a reach?

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#14 : March 15, 2012, 05:13:33 PM

Viewed a few of his vids and read a couple analysis recently.  And as much as I don't see us passing up on Trent/Claiborne, I wouldn't be upset if we selected him.  Along with his measurables and tackling ability, he's a leader, hardworker and a true MLB.

We could move Mason to Will, have Kuechly at Mike, and draft someone like Lavonte David for Sam.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Draft Luke Kuechly Thread: The Mountain Man Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools