Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Draft Luke Kuechly Thread: The Mountain Man Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 34

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 15, 2012, 05:18:42 PM

It would be a great concept to get a blue chip defensive QB after the offseason put together here, wouldn't take him over Claiborne but definately my #2 defensive player on the Bucs board.

So, if Claiborne is off the board and the following players( Blackmon, Richardson ) are still there would you pick Kuechly?
If this were the case then I think the ideal scenario would be to entertain a trade offer. If Dom is lucky there will be a team interested in getting Blackmon before St. Louis. Remeber with the new rookie wage scale, ATL/WAS type trades are going to become more common. Teams like the patriots, the ravens, and 49ers are feeling like an elite receiver will put them over the top. Only problem with this dream scenario is if the eagles don't sign Lofton they will draftvKuechly before we could if we traded with either of those teams. Also Blackmon makes a ton of sense at 4 to the browns. So there maybe no trade bait to speak of.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 15, 2012, 05:22:40 PM

I like Kuechly but only if we Claiborne is gone and only if we trade down.

Kuechly is not a top 5 prospect so we shouldnt take him at 5.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#17 : March 15, 2012, 05:30:28 PM

would you say he's a top 10?

If so, is a top 10 player so much of a reach?

Some have him rated as the 7, 8  BPA.

Is that so much as a reach.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

GoBucs!!

Second String

#18 : March 15, 2012, 05:39:28 PM

If Bucs can snag an extra 3rd to move down, grab Kuechly in 1st, Lavonte David in the 2nd

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 15, 2012, 05:50:33 PM

To be honest with you, no.
Just look back at Patrick Willis. I was much higher on him coming out of college than i am with Kuechly. And Willis went 11th overall.

And no, im not saying this in hindsight after he became the best MLB in the league. Im saying this because thats what I thought when he came out.

I think Kuechly is a top 15-20 prospect. So lets say we do trade down to around 8 with Miami, then picking Kuechly wouldnt be a big reach, especially since he fits a big need. But to take him at 5 would be too much of a reach.

When you are top 5 you should get top 5 talent, and I dont think Kuechly is that.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#20 : March 15, 2012, 05:51:26 PM

If Bucs can snag an extra 3rd to move down, grab Kuechly in 1st, Lavonte David in the 2nd

I agree. In any trade down scenario, he's the pick. However, what if we can't trade down?

Our LB core is weak, we need at least 2-3 additions. The only LB we seemed to have interest in was Curtis Lofton, and 9 Million a year is not worth it, anything more than 6 Million is not worth it. I don't think Dom has interest in him anymore. 

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#21 : March 15, 2012, 06:12:31 PM

To be honest with you, no.
Just look back at Patrick Willis. I was much higher on him coming out of college than i am with Kuechly. And Willis went 11th overall.

And no, im not saying this in hindsight after he became the best MLB in the league. Im saying this because thats what I thought when he came out.

IMO, I believe the old CBA played a part in him going further down the draft, also not to mention 2007 Draft Class was strong with "Blue Chip Players."  Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, and Adrian Peterson.

I don't feel there is a big drop off between Richardson, Claiborne, Blackmon, Kuechly, Coples, Martin, Ingram, and Reiff.

I think Kuechly is a top 15-20 prospect. So lets say we do trade down to around 8 with Miami, then picking Kuechly wouldnt be a big reach, especially since he fits a big need. But to take him at 5 would be too much of a reach.  Why do you think he's in the 15-20 range? Is it Production, the previous CBA wage scale, etc? I just want to understand your logic and reasoning.

When you are top 5 you should get top 5 talent, and I dont think Kuechly is that.

Who's in your top 5 prospects? I feel this is a weak class for "Blue Chip Players" I wouldn't consider Blackmon, Claiborne, and Richardson "Blue Chip." Blackmon and Claiborne are solid, and I feel that Trent Richardson is a product of a good Oline, Offensive scheme, and Coaching, e.g Heisman Trophy Winner Mark Ingram. He didn't do anything on Saints O-Line and that was one of the best OLines out there.

After Luck, RG III, and Kalil, everyone else is in a different category.

: March 15, 2012, 06:25:02 PM TomRiddle

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#22 : March 15, 2012, 06:15:51 PM

It would be a great concept to get a blue chip defensive QB after the offseason put together here, wouldn't take him over Claiborne but definately my #2 defensive player on the Bucs board.

So, if Claiborne is off the board and the following players( Blackmon, Richardson ) are still there would you pick Kuechly?
If this were the case then I think the ideal scenario would be to entertain a trade offer. If Dom is lucky there will be a team interested in getting Blackmon before St. Louis. Remeber with the new rookie wage scale, ATL/WAS type trades are going to become more common. Teams like the patriots, the ravens, and 49ers are feeling like an elite receiver will put them over the top. Only problem with this dream scenario is if the eagles don't sign Lofton they will draftvKuechly before we could if we traded with either of those teams. Also Blackmon makes a ton of sense at 4 to the browns. So there maybe no trade bait to speak of.

If Tannehill and/or Blackmon are on the board it will be easy to trade down, which is a no brainer. If not, then I don't see anyone trading up for Richardson or Claiborne.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 15, 2012, 06:21:18 PM

I like Kueckly but picking him at #5 would be completely assinine . Reaching rarely pays off .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 15, 2012, 07:25:11 PM

I'd obviously try to trade down, but if we can't and Claiborne is gone, then take Kuechly. He's not a top 5 prospect, but neither is Trent Richardson, and people want us to take him at 5. If Kuechly is the next Brian Urlacher, and the combine + his production suggest that he could have a similar ceiling, then it would be foolish to pass on him just because he's tabbed to go a few spots down from where we are picking. Especially since he fills a major need, and the rookie wage scale alleviates the financial impact.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 15, 2012, 07:34:24 PM

The big criticism of Kuechly was his athleticism, but he went to the combine and put up better numbers than Urlacher. His production and leadership and instincts are all raved about. I'd be very happy if he became the Bucs starting MLB.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

barberiino

Second String

#26 : March 15, 2012, 07:52:01 PM

Kuechly would be my pick... Our defense needs to be addressed this offseason, other than Wright.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 15, 2012, 07:58:24 PM

Like Kuechly at 5. LOVE Kuechly in a trade down scenario. The kid is a true football player, the kind of guy you can plug into the middle of the defense for the next 10 years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 15, 2012, 08:02:14 PM

DTG or anyone - who do you compare kuechly's game to ?  what player do you see him similar to?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 15, 2012, 08:07:09 PM

I'd obviously try to trade down, but if we can't and Claiborne is gone, then take Kuechly. He's not a top 5 prospect, but neither is Trent Richardson, and people want us to take him at 5. If Kuechly is the next Brian Urlacher, and the combine + his production suggest that he could have a similar ceiling, then it would be foolish to pass on him just because he's tabbed to go a few spots down from where we are picking. Especially since he fills a major need, and the rookie wage scale alleviates the financial impact.

Some people do have TR rated that high . The people who don't simply don't believe in taking RB's that high.

Absolutely no one has Kueckly rated even close to top 5.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Draft Luke Kuechly Thread: The Mountain Man Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools