Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Draft Luke Kuechly Thread: The Mountain Man Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 34

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 15, 2012, 08:10:44 PM

Absolutely no one has Kueckly rated even close to top 5.

Kiper has him at 7.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 15, 2012, 08:14:18 PM

Kiper has him at 7.

McShay has him at #8.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 15, 2012, 08:19:29 PM

Kiper has him at 7.

McShay has him at #8.

Interesting...last MLB I remember being taken in the top 5 was AJ Hawk

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 15, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Kuechly will not last past the 15th pick.

GoBucs!!

Second String

#34 : March 15, 2012, 08:25:37 PM

So if Fins or Jags want Blackmon at #5 we trade down.........Kuechly it is!!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 15, 2012, 08:51:22 PM

I have a bunch of friends whose opinions are always pretty solid, and most just don't see this kid as being a bigtime NFL LB.  Folks here that I respect are solidly on both sides with him.  I am not a fan of his - he reminds me far too much of our last MLB whose style I never cared for.  Can't get behind Kuechly.  If the bucs pick him his our guy... but we will see

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 15, 2012, 08:54:00 PM

People kget too hooked ond that "top five player" thing, as if there is a clear linear listing of BPA.  There simply is no such thing.  Particularly in this draft which is far murkier than most, as ther are only three true "blue chip" talents there---Luck, Kalil, RGIII.  After that if becomes a very large group with not much difference between them.  Not really interested in Keuckly but it wouludnt be a "reach" to grab him. 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 15, 2012, 08:57:29 PM

Kuechly is the top rated LB. So why not draft him at #5. It would clearly be a need pick over BPA though. If Clairborne and Kalil are gone and a trade down can't be worked out then i'd prefer Blackmon but i'd be ok with Kuechly too 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 15, 2012, 08:59:25 PM

I'd rather draft Hightower in the second.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#39 : March 15, 2012, 09:04:33 PM

Viewed a few of his vids and read a couple analysis recently.  And as much as I don't see us passing up on Trent/Claiborne, I wouldn't be upset if we selected him.  Along with his measurables and tackling ability, he's a leader, hardworker and a true MLB.

We could move Mason to Will, have Kuechly at Mike, and draft someone like Lavonte David for Sam.

I couldn't even read any posts past this one without pulling out every hair in my head. You think our LB's were bad last year and now you want to start another rookie MLB, and a rookie Sam and a 1 year guy who is playing his first year at that position????? Holy crap you have to be kidding...... All of you.....

I like David, but only if we have a solid vet calling the plays.

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 15, 2012, 09:12:10 PM

Yeah, we really need a vet that has worked with a real staff rather than the world famous Raheem Morris Dog and Pony show.  The ones we have wont cut it until they unlearn whatever garbage Raheem put in their heads, and a rookie would have no player to learn behind and that always makes things harder.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 15, 2012, 09:18:39 PM

Brooks had Nickerson, Ruud had Brooks, etc. grab Fletcher for a year or 2 and let Keuchly learn, if you want to start him, start him on the outside.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 15, 2012, 09:41:18 PM

LOL; Dang, ever since I threw Kuechly's name out on a thread here yesterday as looking like a good fit for da Bucs he's suddenly become a hot PR topic. Hadn't seen him mentioned here before at all. Claiborne and Richardson have now faded a bit.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 15, 2012, 09:52:47 PM

I would like to see Hightower playing for the bucs.  He brings a great combination of size, speed and strength along with being a mentally sharp player. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : March 15, 2012, 09:57:07 PM

LOL; Dang, ever since I threw Kuechly's name out on a thread here yesterday as looking like a good fit for da Bucs he's suddenly become a hot PR topic. Hadn't seen him mentioned here before at all. Claiborne and Richardson have now faded a bit.

Ya right.   As if I haven't been saying I want the Bucs to take Kuechly for months now.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Draft Luke Kuechly Thread: The Mountain Man Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools